Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I'm really loving the toe box on these BIG time! 
nthat.gif

(skip to the 2 minute mark for 5's)

No, he was actually wearing black/metallic AJ Vs in the movie. I watched that movie for years before I noticed the Vs. If I recall, you should be able to see them in the desert scenes. The standard uniform for humanity's savior was an oversized olive-ish army style shirt-jacket (sleeves rolled up), a black PE shirt, and black/metallics. There's a stand out fit for any of you who don't like JB's apparel. LOL.
I was think about purchasing a Public Enemy shirt after seeing those photos.

Coincidentally, 26 years ago today is when I bought my first pair of black/metallic Vs. I still have that pair, but they've seen better days:

View media item 2085561
I also have a DS pair of OGs. Up until I moved a couple months ago both soles on both OG pairs were still intact. They were in boxes on top of a stack that fell over, and the soles obliterated on impact. Even when you take impeccable care in storing them, time does not forgive polyurethane:

View media item 2085564
I was in a "pic mood" and snapped a few pics of one of my Y2K pairs with different apparel. This one is with my favorite of the warm up jackets:

View media item 2085587
One with the 2012 Retro Archive warm up suit:

View media item 2085601
One with the only t-shirt Nike released alongside the Y2K Retros:

View media item 2085618
One with the OG white "5 Jumpman" sweatshirt:

View media item 2085619
One with the OG black "5 Jumpman" sweatshirt:

View media item 2085620
This one is with a black/white warm up jacket that released alongside the first Grape Retros in 2006. The jacket is heavy but not the OG nylon material and didn't release with any matching pants, but I found two different pairs of Jordan warm up pants a few years later that matched it well:

View media item 2085632
Here are some of the OG brochures and trading card sets that I still have. The little Jumpman tag opens up to show a quick explanation of what Durabuck and its benefits are:

View media item 2085637

Coincidentally, 26 years ago today is when I bought my first pair of black/metallic Vs. I still have that pair, but they've seen better days:

I also have a DS pair of OGs. Up until I moved a couple months ago both soles on both OG pairs were still intact. They were in boxes on top of a stack that fell over, and the soles obliterated on impact. Even when you take impeccable care in storing them, time does not forgive polyurethane:

I was in a "pic mood" and snapped a few pics of one of my Y2K pairs with different apparel. This one is with my favorite of the warm up jackets:

One with the 2012 Retro Archive warm up suit:

One with the only t-shirt Nike released alongside the Y2K Retros:

One with the OG white "5 Jumpman" sweatshirt:

One with the OG black "5 Jumpman" sweatshirt:

This one is with a black/white warm up jacket that released alongside the first Grape Retros in 2006. The jacket is heavy but not the OG nylon material and didn't release with any matching pants, but I found two different pairs of Jordan warm up pants a few years later that matched it well:

Here are some of the OG brochures and trading card sets that I still have. The little Jumpman tag opens up to show a quick explanation of what Durabuck and its benefits are:
Beautiful my friend, I love the sweatshirts. I wish I could find some apparel like that for a decent price. I can tell this retro is your favorite and that you're really excited for it. Named after 2Pac's best song.

Beautiful my friend, I love the sweatshirts. I wish I could find some apparel like that for a decent price. I can tell this retro is your favorite and that you're really excited for it. Named after 2Pac's best song.
A lot of people don't get that my name comes from a 2Pac song, but that's exactly where it comes from. Arguably his greatest song that never got the recognition it deserved.

Last edited:
The sweatshirts and some of the jackets still pop up on eBay by the way. The problem is, as "athletic" as the cut is on much of JB's apparel now, it was even tighter in 1990. LOL. And I don't think they made a lot of clothing in XXL and up back then.

So classic Jon Connor or vintage Public Enemy?

^ i say the black & white one on top

this joint is my fav for these 5's tho...

View media item 2085717View media item 2085719

"P.E. - a group, a crew - not singular, we wear black Wranglers, we're rap stranglers
You can't angle us - I know you listenin' - I caught you pissin your pants, you're scared of dissin us,
the crowd is missin us - We're on a mission yall!"

A lot of people don't get that my name comes from a 2Pac song, but that's exactly where it comes from. Arguably his greatest song that never got the recognition it deserved.

^ Ice-T 'Pain' dope too tho...

Last edited:
That's cool and you're exactly right. It's my favorite 2Pac song of all time.

^ i say the black & white one on top

this joint is my fav for these 5's tho...

"P.E. - a group, a crew - not singular, we wear black Wranglers, we're rap stranglers
You can't angle us - I know you listenin' - I caught you pissin your pants, you're scared of dissin us,
the crowd is missin us - We're on a mission yall!"
^ Ice-T 'Pain' dope too tho...
I like the shirt but it's hard to track down. I was surprise how easy I found the Public Enemy shirt.

I saw that 23 nike jordan shirt while back on ebay anybody know what it's called

Last edited:
Funny I already had my PE shirt and light wash denim ready to go for these months ago. Never even knew John Connor wore the 5s, must be subliminal suggestion from watching the T2 so much...

Back
Top Bottom