Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Thats a possibilty. He endorsed Wilson.

This google search has led me to wanting a game used ABA ball.

Last edited:
Aha! Wilson DOES appear to have officially used a Jumpman like image on some of their basketballs. Even though this isn't the translucent one that I remember, it at least eases my mind that I didn't totally imagine it and I'm not completely crazy.

View media item 2088345

Last edited:
I remember glow in the dark balls that no one wanted to play with, those were kind of clear-ish. I can't picture ever seeing a straight up clear ball though.

I remember glow in the dark balls that no one wanted to play with, those were kind of clear-ish. I can't picture ever seeing a straight up clear ball though.

Clear maybe isn't the best description. Not clear like glass. Translucent but kind of milky/foggy, like the bottom of an AJ V but without the blue tint.

EDIT: To the best of my recollection, the ball was similar to what the bottom of the XXXs looks like. Translucent but not glass clear, and not with an overt bluish tint like the 2016 Vs:

View media item 2088461
EDIT 2: One of my old high school buddies just confirmed he once had the ball I'm talking about. He didn't remember which company made it but he remembers it being at least partly translucent. I told him to go look and see if it was still in the garage at his parents' house, LOL. He thinks he got it somewhere around '91. I still say it released alongside the Vs. LOL.

Last edited:
I've always thought that anyone who liked the milky soles on the maroon pair was insane. It works for the 72-10 and 11s in general but not for 4-6. It's not clear at all.

That metallic 5 pic lookin good. Black cement 3s or fire red 4s with nike air wouls be dope if it happened next year. The fire red 4s because that black and red nike air on the back just looks :smokin

​
Hell yeah @AGzie, I'm a 4 man. The BC 4's are the BEST Jordan model/colorway of all-time IMO. I surrendered, & bought a sole swapped pair of the '99's back in March.
 ​
smokin.gif
 ​
 ​
nthat.gif
 ​
The butchered shaped, Ashy Larry 2012's CAN'T compare. I just wished the sole swapper didn't give the midsole a pre-yellowed look. Other than the plastic netting, the 99's BC 4 are flawless.
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Yup @jaylaw15. they are official. Also, you don't have to worry about me, in the Space Jam thread anymore... I got the boot.
 ​
tired.gif

Last edited:
So far we've seen:

and now

and soon

So going by that formula we should see:

for 2017

---------------then

for 2018

I would imagine the Fire reds would be thrown in at once for 2019 or something

If I had to put money on it I'd go with this scheme all day. Mark Parker has a goal set for 2020 and this is how you get there.

Last edited:
Here's a question I keep forgetting to ask. Do any of you OGs who were around in 1990 recall a clear Nike basketball that was released about the same time as the original AJ Vs? It was definitely a translucent basketball, possibly made of clear polyurethane on the outside, and I believe it had a black Jumpman visible within it, very similar to what the soles of the Vs look like. I've looked on eBay and have yet to find one. Ever. I can't even find pictures of one just searching on the Net. Does anyone else remember this? Or am I crazy?
I definitely had and played with a few white translucent bballs back in the day, can't remember if it had a jumpman or it was just a Wilson or spalding.

So far we've seen:

and now

and soon

So going by that formula we should see:

for 2017

---------------then

for 2018

I would imagine the Fire reds would be thrown in at once for 2019 or something

If I had to put money on it I'd go with this scheme all day. Mark Parker has a goal set for 2020 and this is how you get there.
that OG heat

I love that nike air + old shape + wide heel tabs... too much fire damnn 

Last edited:
Good prediction but i doubt they'd drop all of the last popular colorways (fire reds) of each in the same year

Back
Top Bottom