Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Nike equates luxury to their price point and net profits.
We the consumer equate luxury to price and excellent craftsmanship.

With that being said, if this shoe has any flaws I'm calling whoever I purchased it from and demanding a discount code or a gift card.
Some of yall dudes been making them pay for BS quality for a while now.
It's time for me to become a participant.

Honest question because I haven't tried this: what's stopping them from just telling you to return them?

They likely won't have a replacement pair to exchange with. Its an awkward situation. He's totally right, demand that gift card. Finish line gave me one for my Bords and I didn't even mention it. He couldn't wait to give me that card. How long do they last btw?

Last edited:
Honest question because I haven't tried this: what's stopping them from just telling you to return them?
A. The odds of getting another pair without paying resale is slim

B. People don't want to be left out of the release and try to deal with it but still complain

C. They don't want to

A. The odds of getting another pair without paying resale is slim

B. People don't want to be left out of the release and try to deal with it but still complain

C. They don't want to

I know what's stopping someone from returning them. I meant what's stopping the store from refusing a gc and saying return if there's a problem. Is it just the PR?

I know what's stopping someone from returning them. I meant what's stopping the store from refusing a gc and saying return if there's a problem. Is it just the PR?
They want to keep their customers so they try to accommodate them in order to keep them coming back.

They likely won't have a replacement pair to exchange with. Its an awkward situation. He's totally right, demand that gift card. Finish line gave me one for my Bords and I didn't even mention it. He couldn't wait to give me that card. How long do they last btw?

What about no replacement just money back? Is it bad PR that would stop them?

View media item 2092890

They'll refund your money Im sure...

Stop them from what?

Dude said he would contact them for a gc if he had any imperfections. I'm assuming he wants to keep the pair and get the discount. I was saying what's stopping them from saying you don't get a gc, but you can return them if you don't like them and get your money back. But I understand it's the PR now

Yeah, it probably all depends on how lunch went for the dude behind the counter. We're talking about min wage mall workers here. They don't really want to be there. Ask them when they look like they're in a good mood and you're in a bad mood over the shoes I guess. You should come away with one though at finishline. They don't seem to gaf.

Last edited:
Throwback Thursday! Just over two weeks to go!! 
happy.gif

Man, Nike is trippin'... We're two weeks away, & we still don't have any official pics.

mean.gif

We're probably not gonna get em until the damn 22nd...

laugh.gif

Going off the DSDAN video and seeing somewhat real pictures...what yall prefer?? These 16s or the 2000s?? I like these more

I could have sworn Sobesoles had "will ship 7/23 or earlier" on these when I pre-ordered. Might go ahead and cancel if these aren't gonna at least ship a few days early.

Does anyone who pre-ordered their metallic V's from SoBeSoles, know if they will be shipping them out before the 23rd release date?

Does anyone who pre-ordered their metallic V's from SoBeSoles, know if they will be shipping them out before the 23rd release date?
Somebody told me he said they would ship early, but he didn't know how early. Now he pushed the date on the order back, so idk. Unless the 7/25 date is only for new orders

I could have sworn Sobesoles had "will ship 7/23 or earlier" on these when I pre-ordered. Might go ahead and cancel if these aren't gonna at least ship a few days early.
Why; who cares?  You bought from them b/c you were worried that you wouldn't get them on RD.  I don't expect you paid over retail just to have them a few days early....

Why; who cares?  You bought from them b/c you were worried that you wouldn't get them on RD.  I don't expect you paid over retail just to have them a few days early....
Actually I kinda did
laugh.gif
. I thought maybe $260 would be the lowest I could pay to get them a couple days early. I'm positive these won't be a problem to get in hand, on RD, for retail where I am, though, so I'm not trippin' either way. Just gotta put a couple raffles in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom