Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

How?? They were limited :\
Not everything that was limited back then sold as quick as it did now. I got the Hare 1's from 2009 months later even though they were lmited. My twin got the bred strap 1s and some "in the cut" mom and pop store months after that release and those were limited too. I've been buying shoes a decent min, I know what I'm talking about my G :smokin

Idk where you guys live but all the 7s, 4s and 5s from 2006 didn't sit like Jordan's sit now. The only retros you could always find in stores were the 14s from 2005-2006.

Aside from a few CDPs everything sat from 2008-2011 :lol: hell people couldn't give away the raging bulls pack and doernbecher 6s which now resales for $1200+ :smh:

Bulls vs Celtics 1s and Bulls vs Orlando 7s were sitting in stores for $100-$125 :rofl:

Last edited:
Limited or urban account releases back then meant one of your local stores got pairs and anyone interested copped unless it was a popular release.

Idk where you guys live but all the 7s, 4s and 5s from 2006 didn't sit like Jordan's sit now. The only retros you could always find in stores were the 14s from 2005-2006.

Aside from a few CDPs everything sat from 2008-2011 :lol: hell people couldn't give away the raging bulls pack and doernbecher 6s which now resales for $1200+ :smh:

Bulls vs Celtics 1s and Bulls vs Orlando 7s were sitting in stores for $100-$125 :rofl:
Everybody hated the olives also re-sold a pair on eBay for $80 after a year of sitting on em

Last edited:

in December of 2007 I was begging my mom's to buy me the military 4s, I thought that them $50 would help me out lol. Every single retro selling within days is def aa relatively new thing.

​
I'm not sayin' that they sat for too long, just for like a month, month and half or so... Now the Raging Bulls pack , Bulls vs Celtics 1s and Bulls vs Orlando 7's sat for ******" ever.
 ​
H***, I clearly remember the True Blue 3's were out in 2011, and my local FL still had all three packs. They couldn't give those packs away...
 ​
roll.gif
 ​
Lookin' back, I should've bought them all...
 ​
I was goin' to say that when I posted the picture, but I said **** it. You ain't never lied though @jaylaw15, they really need to retire that Ashy *** suede/nubuck.
 ​
Whatever they have left of the material, the remainder should be thrown into the nearest incinerator immediately.

Last edited:
This colorway still makes me cringe with hatred. This color was one of the first 5s that had the new 5s boot shape that started in 2011; the paper thin tongue, bout shape, flat bumps on the side of the shoes and the mediocre colorway was a stark contrast to 5ss as they looked from 2000-09. I still hate these lol. View media item 1823350

Metallic 5s are 2 clean. I got my pair that day some random discount was working...it lasted about an hour or so...thanks to #NT...like 160 shipped from eastbay

Everybody hated the olives also re-sold a pair on eBay for $80 after a year of sitting on em

Everyone hated the Olives but loved the WMN Sunset 5s on here :lol:

This colorway still makes me cringe with hatred. This color was one of the first 5s that had the new 5s boot shape that started in 2011; the paper thin tongue, bout shape, flat bumps on the side of the shoes and the mediocre colorway was a stark contrast to 5ss as they looked from 2000-09. I still hate these lol.
sick.gif

God... I forgot all about this colorway, and with good reason. These were horrendous, cheap pleather, patent leather that wasn't needed, ****ed up shape, I could go on... These were just all around wackness. I think these take the win for the WORST retro+ colorway/release ever, most definitely in the top 10 of all-time.

That Olympic colorway would be in my top 5 for retro+ 5s if they weren't patent leather. :x

I hate the Tokyo 5s tho... Then again as far as yellow shoes I only rock with are timbs :lol: but those lighting 4s get a pass because they have the cool grey midsole :smokin

Last edited:
personally, other than the OG CWs most of the + CW are bad on the 5, but people go bananas over them because some are hard to find. few exception that I think looks good are the Laney, stealth, and the original sample CW/ Hornets. I wonder if the Hornets were originally intended as an all-star shoe as most of MJ's all-star shoe were some type of blue. 

AS LONG AS YALL TALKIN BOUT DOPE 5's. tokyo tops it for me. but thats really cause im partial to the lightning 4's
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom