Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Titan22.com now selling them on their webstore here in the Philippines. Think it went live 2 hours ago, which was Midnight here in Manila. First time I've seen a sneaker released at 12am in a long time.

View media item 2108772

Last edited:
I can't with these new booty toe boxes. Why do they dew dis

The OGs have a longer toe strip just like the new releases. The difference is that the OGs were slanted properly, so it was sleek and looked good. JB doesnt know how to make a proper toe box anymore, at least those with a toe strip like the 2-5.

Titan22.com now selling them on their webstore here in the Philippines. Think it went live 2 hours ago, which was Midnight here in Manila. First time I've seen a sneaker released at 12am in a long time.

View media item 2108772
$306 [emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji][emoji]128565[/emoji]

Not a bad idea bro...i use paypal at hoh ftl, shiekh and shoe palace. Never had any issues. Have you contacted PP and set up your pin? I think you should be okay....but i wouldn't take a chamce if you haven't used PP at a point of sale system yet.

Sheikh and shoe palace accept PayPal? Thought it was only FTL.

But I just got off the phone with PP customer support. They explained to me the difference between paying with the app in store and using your acounts phone number and pin. She told me I'm all set up and should have no problems at FTL.

Last edited:
Just got back home with my first pair. Tomorrow I'll try securing a second pair via NDC. Here are some quick pics, the Vs f$ckin' rock! 
smokin.gif
  Had the originals back in 1990 and now after 26 years got them again. Memories, good memories...

For me it's more or less 4-6 with 5 being the pinnacle. I was never THAT into 3s but I'll take some black/cement NIKE AIRs thank you.
100% Co-sign @Pain. I've honestly never cared for the 3's, outside of the True Blue's & Black Cement's. The White Cement are super overrated IMO. Models 4 through 8, are the pinnacle for me. You can't go wrong with none of the OG colorways.
Just FYI, if anyone is worried about how Vs discolor or feel they don't last that long, I think I know a way to make them last longer. Some may know this, some may not. I've experimented with a whole lot of Vs over the years, and I believe LIGHT is worse at aging them than water or anything in the environment. My secret? Just store them in a dark closet when you don't use them.

A pair of my Grapes, which are over 3 years old and have been worn a LOT, are still going strong. No net yellowing. The soles lost the blue tint and are only discolored on the bottom because they're DIRTY. But to me, they still look really fresh. All I do is store them in the dark. And occasionally wipe off scuffs on the uppers with regular Champs cleaner.

BTW, just got my first call on the black/metallics! And so it begins...
I needed that advice @Pain. My 2011 BM 5's don't look that bad, but the soles are yellowed in some parts of the shoe.
Originally Posted by van-nostrand  

Not sure how you dudes can swing a double up on stuff like this. One pair at $240 is painful enough.
Yes, the hell it is @van-nostrand. I really don't know how much longer I'm goin to be in the game, honestly. This ish is really startin' to murder my pockets. Like I said, that next price increase will be horrendously cringe-worthy. I'm just doublin' on these, because they're one of my All-Time favorite Jordan's & colorways. And More than likely... it will be my last time ever coppin' them.
And if so oop ya boy a pair for the playa price too?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
@GrizzlyAnimal

@MarzThaRealist I hear ya man. You'd think they'd chill on the price increases too since there's nowhere else to really go from here as far as price. They're about to reach that glass ceiling for retail prices for a lot of people.
Man @dhtowng, they hit the glass ceiling for me... at $170 to be honest.
laugh.gif
It's crazy to think that just 5 years ago, these were just $160. Now I have to pay damn near $80 more, for the same damn shoe. This ish is gettin' annoying & unjustifiable to be honest. I'm tryin' to get at least 1 OG retro of every colorway & retire from JB... But honestly, I don't know how much longer, I'll be able to pay this "BS inflation" game from Nike/JB.

Yeah, they didn't use any imagination with this apparel run at all. It's like they just took the "splatter" concept and threw some stuff out there. Plus I'm in an area now where we go a week or two at a time when every day is above 100. When am I ever going to wear fleece? I've been wearing shorts since March. I DID however luck into a pair of Gladiator 2 in 1s for $30 that are black with the silver compression shorts with a splatter pattern on them. These are GREAT shorts and they perfectly match the Vs. LOL.

Pic from eBay:
Man, I've been lookin' for those type of shorts forever. @Pain... You said you got them off of Ebay? If so, I have to search for a pair. Anyways, reps to you all. Also, I got the call from my local HOH this morning...

nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Now, I must try for a second pair online in the mornin'. Y'all wish me luck, and don't give up on the raffle yet y'all. Also, y'all can get through online too, NT. Y'all just gotta have that Jordan determination to win, at all costs.

glasses.gif

View media item 2108844
For the two dudes who told me not to take any chances, I went ahead and got the gift card. I was probably overlooking things but better safe than sorry right! The guy who rang me up was like yeah man you lucked out we got a lot of entries but not many pairs for this release. I was like good looks b lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom