Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

It's like the old days when u can get Jordans at anytime..I gotta admit I'm still surprised on the availability of these

I do see that some people are passing due to xyz. It never fails...since these are flooded and "sitting"...now some people are turned away from them. Price is never the factor, exclusivity is.
why isnt price the factor? 

I paid 135$ in 07

Now they expect me to pay 220 whatever now for the same shoe?

I haven't seen these in person but from the pictures the one thing that stood out was the tongue looked off to me. More of a shiny plastic look than the typically flat 3M. Seems like you're confirming that?

I paid 135$ in 07

Exactly this. I'm not one to buy the same shoe twice in any case but I would consider it on select occasions. Not for $220.

These were announced in december. Folks could've saved up for these. Not to make assumptions, but obviously many didn't consider saving and or didn't have that much to spend. Whether you make a lot of money or not, saving up money could have gotten you these and not left you broke. I'm not debating whether the price should have been $220 but the principle still applies

Last edited:
I do see that some people are passing due to xyz. It never fails...since these are flooded and "sitting"...now some people are turned away from them. Price is never the factor, exclusivity is.

I paid 135$ in 07

I'm saying if its a shoe you really want, you'll pay almost anything, within "reason"

$220 isn't a reach when certain limited releases retail way higher (Don C, OVO, C&C)

BC3/WC3 gonna retail at $235, you'll see

It's good if you had the willpower to say 'no' based solely on price though

Last edited by a moderator:
yall really dont get it 
laugh.gif

Just bc you can afford to pay 220+ for them doesnt mean its right

Why do u hav an 11 and a 13

This particular pair was a DS size 11 I bought off eBay some years ago. In 1990 I wore an 11 to 11.5. My feet kept growing and now measure about a 12.5 but for a long time stores didn't carry 12.5s so I went to a 13. Most 13s fit me fine and have just enough room to not constrict my toes, which I like, so I've always kept things at a 13 (except for AJ VIs - they ALWAYS run big) after my feet stopped growing. The 2016 Vs fit me perfectly in a 13. And comfort is a 10 out of 10.

Last edited:
yall really dont get it :lol:

lol exactly. It's about value. $220 isn't bad for something well made that you don't have. I had no problem paying $220 for the WC4s (2012 quality/color combination was a no go for me). But to pay $220 for a mild upgrade over something I already have (2007 pair) is a different story..

if you into your sneakers you should know these was a must, i got 3 pairs and im happy could care less about how easy they are to get, years ago when supply was low everyone was crying about them not making enough pairs and not making them right and now they doing that they are not exclusive enough to some, keep it that way these will sell out eventually and when they not available for a good price your will hear people crying about the prices being so high to get a pair, to the true sneaker heads hopefully this trend continues so we can feast!

Last edited:

yall really dont get it 
laugh.gif

No one is making us buy these, the price would be justified had they been limited.
Trueeee I see that

I still would have passed I think though 

Stuff like the glittery drakes and don c stuff doesnt do it for me

Lemme get some OT yeezys though G 
smile.gif

nerd.gif

yall really dont get it :lol:

No one is making us buy these, the price would be justified had they been limited.

Trueeee I see that

Lemme get some OT yeezys though G :smile:  :nerd:

I mean you would justify shelling $6-700 on yzy's and consider it a "steal" right?

This is what happens when hypebeasts and 'fashion' people hop on sneakers for the moment. They want things that are exclusive and different to give them status. It's not about the shoes for them. Same people that claim JB is done and adidas is taking over. What any brand is doing now will never change what Nike did in 1990. This sneaker will always be a classic for sneaker people no matter how often they release and how many pairs are made. The masses can feel free to keep it moving.

This. I doubled up and if they release again in 5 years and get the same treatment I'll buy em again.

yall really dont get it 
laugh.gif

Trueeee I see that

Lemme get some OT yeezys though G 
smile.gif

nerd.gif
I mean you would justify shelling $6-700 on yzy's and consider it a "steal" right?
To me. Nah.

Retail or bust. Those resell prices are stupid

These were announced in december. Folks could've saved up for these. Not to make assumptions, but obviously many didn't consider saving and or didn't have that much to spend. Whether you make a lot of money or not, saving up money could have gotten you these and not left you broke. I'm not debating whether the price should have been $220 but the principle still applies

A-freaking-men. I've been budgeting with these in mind since December. My family basically got evicted from our house of 15 years in late January (so the owner could get a golden parachute from that insane Bay Area real estate money), we completed a $10K 400 mile move in April, and I've been extremely careful with my spending since. I was still able to get these multiple times over. BTW - Not only did my girl support me doing this, she got in on the raffle process herself AND bought her very first pair of AJ's ever.

I look at it like, if it's something that means a great deal to you, you sacrifice in other areas and find a way to make it happen. $240 a pair didn't make a whole lot of difference to me in comparison to the value of the memories and nostalgia that these bring.

Last edited:
I am glad I was able to buy my pair but I am contemplating about returning it. I am wondering if I can find these cheaper down the line...:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom