Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I was thinking about getting a DS pair I found on goat for only $150 because they were b-grades despite having no noticeable flaws from my observations. I was indecisive too long and someone else ended up buying em. I've been kicking myself for it ever since. :smh:

next time i’m stuffing paper in the toe boxes to prevent future creases and to (if possible) slant the toe box

FEDEE9BB-E19E-4573-8B0B-6350A82AFF0D.jpeg

Super glad I copped. They're going to become the new generation's 2000 pair. I love how these look with white socks but the black sock liner wont let me disrespect them that way :lol:.
Bought a pair this past May and I’ve worn them probably 40 times since or more (i wore em a week and a half straight when I got em) but I only wear white socks with em lol. I may have worn em with black socks 3 times

I should have got them period.:smh: I passed on them several times, now with serious regret.

I didn't buy them either, but I really don't regret it. They're a good retro but every time I picked them up, there was just something off about them to me. I think it's the durabuck or whatever it is and the not-quite-right 3M on the tongue, I dunno. I had the OGs and it's one of my all-time favorites, but this colorway also looks a bit silly on me for some reason LOL. Ah well. I think I said in here before, now what I really want is a good retro of the white/fire reds (with the 3M tongue, not the black tongue). I'd rock those with the laces loose while wearing shorts and a golf shirt just like MJ in that Coke treehouse commercial :rofl:

I didn't buy them either, but I really don't regret it. They're a good retro but every time I picked them up, there was just something off about them to me. I think it's the durabuck or whatever it is and the not-quite-right 3M on the tongue, I dunno. I had the OGs and it's one of my all-time favorites, but this colorway also looks a bit silly on me for some reason LOL. Ah well. I think I said in here before, now what I really want is a good retro of the white/fire reds (with the 3M tongue, not the black tongue). I'd rock those with the laces loose while wearing shorts and a golf shirt just like MJ in that Coke treehouse commercial :rofl:

IMO, these are the GOAT OG Retro of the past 10 years. Only thing they could have improved was the texture of the tongue.

You really can't find a lot of flaws with this. I had the 07 retro and they fell apart right on time, which made me cop these. I think these are def better than those, and I liked those.

Dude 3M tongue rules. My all time favorite. Jordan brand had better not do some crappy gimmick.

IMO, these are the GOAT OG Retro of the past 10 years. Only thing they could have improved was the texture of the tongue.

Interesting, seriously, you feel that way. I love the 13 black toes from three weeks ago but there are dudes in that thread telling me they suck. But then I'm in here saying I don't think this 5 retro was THAT good. LOL. Goes to show it really just depends on what you might remember from the OGs or previous retros and what you liked about them. AND what you are willing to accept for whatever reason. These 5s ... For me as someone who had the OGs, they were about the oily durabuck and the finish of the 3M tongue. These retros have dry (as opposed to the OG "oily") "durabuck" and a weird sheen on the tongue. So I passed. But they don't suck, so don't get me wrong. I mostly passed because, as I said, I feel like they look silly on me anymore other than if I'm rocking them with sweat pants, and I want to be able to rock all my shoes with shorts so it was a no go.

Even though they don’t have the 1990 Durabuck, It’s not even produced anymore since 1999, so I guess you weren’t going to be satisfied anyway? The 3m looks different, but the shine/flash effect, which is what I thought the tongue had 3m for in the first place, is the brightest it has been for 16 years since the 2000 retro pair.

I keep thinking about spraying some adhesive inside the seam of the tongue and pressing it flat over night. The puffy tongue is the only thing that bothers me about them. The glossyish 3m is the runner up but not much i can do about that.

That stuffing on the tongue in that pic above is like alright man thats enough stuffing i think its good. **** looks like its gonna pop.

Look at the tongue on the fire reds above it, wtf went so wrong?

I don't recall what the White Metallic NT thread was like but I feel like that was a really really good retro too. The leather is awesome! The rest of the details were perfect too. That was a really good retro.

Back
Top Bottom