Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

lol..how do you know you are not getting an accurate rendition when they haven't even been in production yet? JB switches things up all the time. That's been proven over the years. If they really want Bred 4's to look as good, if not better than the 99 retros they obviously could.
They obviously could, but the OG heads tend to mix up what looks good to the new people. The Cool Grey and Mars 4 set the standard as to what the 4 should look like, but not what materials it should use.

The cool grey and mars set the standard on what the 4's looked like, not what IMO, they should look like. Nothing about the shape of those 2 shoes looks like the 99 white cements or black cements.

If you're a fan of that look, then more power to you, however other than OG color way nostalgia, the reason 99 retros are lauded is because of Nike Air and of course the construct of the shoe, shape and height.

The cool grey and mars set the standard on what the 4's looked like, not what IMO, they should look like. Nothing about the shape of those 2 shoes looks like the 99 white cements or black cements.

If you're a fan of that look, then more power to you, however other than OG color way nostalgia, the reason 99 retros are lauded is because of Nike Air and of course the construct of the shoe, shape and height.
They're lauded because they don't have an OG payless shoe tongue, cheaper, almost universally accepted as the best shade of tech grey, and have the 90's synthetic leather\durabuck over the flaky\chalky garbage they used on the OGs. I'd be up for a 99 with good netting, but the low-top 4 shape of the 2016 is equally good in my eyes.

Last edited:

They're lauded because they don't have an OG payless shoe tongue, cheaper, almost universally accepted as the best shade of tech grey, and have the 90's synthetic leather\durabuck over the flaky\chalky garbage they used on the OGs. I'd be up for a 99 with good netting, but the low-top 4 shape of the 2016 is equally good in my eyes.

There's many factors as to why they are lauded. But let's not act like shape and height don't matter. Those 4's from the mid to late 2000's were abysmal. 2016 white cements are the best they've done in awhile, but still feel they have some issues to fix, but that's just me nit picking.

Not a big 5 fan but might get these. I regret passing in the 88 iiis. I wear the vast majority of my shoes, but the nike air pairs feel like a collectors item.

Whenever I see older retros of Nike air remasters I cringe. Seeing those disgusting Cement 4s from 2012 and 2011 metallics is very weird now since we're getting astronomically better materials and branding

Whenever I see older retros of Nike air remasters I cringe. Seeing those disgusting Cement 4s from 2012 and 2011 metallics is very weird now since we're getting astronomically better materials and branding
2012 White Cements were cringeworthy, darkening the Tech Grey loaded the bullet while the pleather pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
2012 White Cements were cringeworthy, darkening the Tech Grey loaded the bullet while the pleather pulled the trigger.
:rofl: :rofl:

^^^^^^^

This is goin' to be me @AirSakuragi...

laugh.gif

Especially, if and when I get two pairs.

roll.gif

WC IVs from 2012 were absolutely horrendous.  I was stoked for them until i got them in hand.  Garbage colour and leather.  

WC IVs from 2012 were absolutely horrendous.  I was stoked for them until i got them in hand.  Garbage colour and leather.  

The worst ever... When my girl snapped a F'd mine up. I didn't even get mad at her for doing it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom