Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Dam Sak, that's an incredible memory.

I was born in 85, don't remember much before 90.

I can kinda remember sittin with my dad at age 5 watching basketball, but I didn't know who the players were or the teams.
F
Didn't get into basketball until 1996.

I was born in 88, my first memory is from kindergarten searching for Easter eggs :lol:

This dude claims he remembers sitting infront of the TV with his diapers on watching Jordan :rofl:

Last edited:
Nah brah.
Only reason Cement 4s sold heavy crazy cause of income tax time. Maroon 6s came out right before Christmas a lot of people choose to buy other things besides The 6s. The 12s gonna sell but not as hectic as Cement 4s

Born in 67. Thats growing up with him. Born in 95 you missed half his career. Lol
Exactly. I was born in 75 and I don't remember his first 3-4 years in the league. I started paying attention when the III's released and the black metallic 5 was my first Jordan. I'm looking forward to this release

I was 7 when the 88 dunk contest happened and that's when I started following MJ religiously. Started playing organized ball shortly after that and got in to the shoes. Had these Black/Metallic V's as a kid so these are an absolute must.

That's the thing: watching a few games here and there does not constitute "growing up with MJ." I'm 37 and I only vaguely remember his rookie year and the years the Bulls were getting smacked around by the Pistons.
Watching Jordan and Worthy at UNC was great . The Goergetown win in 82. Awesome game. But now i feel old.

Last edited:
Only reason Cement 4s sold heavy crazy cause of income tax time. Maroon 6s came out right before Christmas a lot of people choose to buy other things besides The 6s. The 12s gonna sell but not as hectic as Cement 4s
Nah I think the WC4s would've sold heavy crazy no matter what time of the year they released.

Born in '76. Had a pair of Sky Jordans when they came out (but was too young to know who he was). Got my first jersey (either sand-knit or Macgregor) in 87-88 when the Bulls were getting beat up by Detroit. I remember getting my 1st Champion brand jersey down at Franklin Mills when they 1st came out. Was soo cool seeing the white trim around the neck and arm hiles and it looked real (vs my Starter Jordan "Jersey" tee). I watched (and taped) all the games when I was younger.

I have the whole 1st Threepeat (most rounds) on tape at my parents home. Never forget walking into Jr High on the last day of 8th grade, wearing my Jordan jersey, my black VI's and my Bulls hat (which was confiscated as we were not allowed to wear hats in Jr high even though I didn't have it on, only carrying it). Everyone knew I was happy that day as the night before, they beat LA 4-1 for the 1st title. Awesome day to end school.

These will probably be picked up. I still have my 2000's in excellent wearable condition. If they are somewhat easy to get (SNKRS) then I'm down for a pair. :smile:

Last edited:
Born in '76. Had a pair of Sky Jordans when they came out (but was too young to know who he was). Got my first jersey (either sand-knit or Macgregor) in 87-88 when the Bulls were getting beat up by Detroit. I remember getting my 1st Champion brand jersey down at Franklin Mills when they 1st came out. Was soo cool seeing the white trim around the neck and arm hiles and it looked real (vs my Starter Jordan "Jersey" tee). I watched (and taped) all the games when I was younger.

I have the whole 1st Threepeat (most rounds) on tape at my parents home. Never forget walking into Jr High on the last day of 8th grade, wearing my Jordan jersey, my black VI's and my Bulls hat (which was confiscated as we were not allowed to wear hats in Jr high even though I didn't have it on, only carrying it). Everyone knew I was happy that day as the night before, they beat LA 4-1 for the 1st title. Awesome day to end school.

These will probably be picked up. I still have my 2000's in excellent wearable condition. If they are somewhat easy to get (SNKRS) then I'm down for a pair. :smile:

Wow I don't know why, but when I hear people say they were born in the 70's I think of it as so old like disco pants and afro's etc.
But then when I hear people say they were born in 1998 I'm like really? I'm a millennial '89, so anyone born before '84 are old or after '95 missed the greatness that was the 90's days, and are super young.

Last edited:
Born in 81. Didn't get into basketball until 90-91. Black Infrared 6's is what made me fall in love with sneakers. In 4th grade I had a friend who had Black Infrared 6's, Carmines and other dude had some reebok pumps. While I was rocking payless.  Didn't get to have my first pair of Jordan's until Powder Blue X's for my 8th grade graduation.

Wow I don't know why, but when I hear people say they were born in the 70's I think of it as so old like disco pants and afro's etc.
But then when I hear people say they were born in 1998 I'm like really? I'm a millennial '89, so anyone born before '84 are old or after '95 missed the greatness that was the 90's days, and are super young.

I guess I'm in the boat with the old folks, born in 81, although ppl don't believe me when I say that

I was always into basketball, but I went to private school majority of elementary, so I didn't really start to get into Jordan's until the 12's and 13's dropped. My first pair of Jordan's were the 13 play-offs in 97-98 was when I became a sneaker head.

Born in 81. Didn't get into basketball until 90-91. Black Infrared 6's is what made me fall in love with sneakers. In 4th grade I had a friend who had Black Infrared 6's, Carmines and other dude had some reebok pumps. While I was rocking payless.  Didn't get to have my first pair of Jordan's until Powder Blue X's for my 8th grade graduation.
About the time for me as well. '83 was my pop out date. I got into MJ when he jump from free throw line. I also shared a bedroom with my older brother so I got schooled on things or experienced things most kids my age wasn't even doing. *too busy putting elmers on their hands and peeling it off* I knew of MJ and how great he was but it wasn't to I was about 7 or 8 that I started paying attention to rules and regulations of the game of basketball. Also noticing other players. *NBA Jams* being the game it was too with 16 bit systems upping gameplay for a sport's perspective. *Tecmo superbowl ftw* lastly I feel like I start remembering at 4. It was a few memories from earlier that I could recall but I wouldn't doubt anyone because we are all unique and things are more significant to others as it may be miniscule to us. #carryon

Last edited:
my opinion is that the nike air jordan line peaked with the aj5

the 6 was a step down imo
and the 7 was like :stoneface: to me

:\

a lot of young bucks in here... anyway, born in 76 and my 1st J's were in the 5th grade, Black and Red 4's... it was on from there!

Last edited:

*insert kanye "how" gif*

Imho *even though opinions shouldn't be debated* 6s were significantly important because magic was giving up the torch to MJ and 2014 may have released a few grails to the masses. 6s are a top 4 model of all time varying from person to person. First chip #nuffsaid

Last edited:
*insert kanye "how" gif*

Imho *even though opinions shouldn't be debated* 6s were significantly important because magic was giving up the torch to MJ and 2014 may have released a few grails to the masses. 6s are a top 4 model of all time varying from person to person. First chip #nuffsaid
Yes sir, the 6s and 7s are two of my most favorite models. That's when Air Jordan sneaker really started to become a huge deal. The Air Jordan 6 (one of the shoes used in the Slam Dunk manga) is one of the reasons Air Jordans became popular in Japan.

Born in 82 and remember watching all Bulls game during their playoff run but first pair of Jordan weren't until Concord drop. First pair of sneakers that I wanted so bad were Diamond Turf. Was big niners fan and really like Deion. Ever since that I got those sneakers ive been hook.

Yes sir, the 6s and 7s are two of my most favorite models. That's when Air Jordan sneaker really started to become a huge deal. The Air Jordan 6 (one of the shoes used in the Slam Dunk manga) is one of the reasons Air Jordans became popular in Japan.
6s are in my top 3. 3s being first and 4s being a close 2nd. 6s are right there because of the black Infrared cw. Dewanye wayne "we going to sizzlers"

Agreed. 6's were a step down. I had both 5's in my profile when in high school. Our school colors were red/black/white so I was always good when it came to Jordans. But when the 5's came out is when I started to play good ball and got noticed by universities.

*insert kanye "how" gif*

6's were not the best performance shoe out at that time. Nike had other models that played better to me but I did have the white/infrareds.

a lot of young bucks in here... anyway, born in 76 and my 1st J's were in the 5th grade, Black and Red 4's... it was on from there!

Same here. My friend had the cements but yea,,, it was on from there.

The 6 blew my 10 year old mind, specifically the Black/Infrared. I treasured that shoe like no other. I didn't like the 7 as much but it was still a great shoe, imo. The 8 completely fell off a cliff, pure doodoo.

They were a huge deal way before the 6 and 7. if you didn't live it, you don't really know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom