Nike Air Maestro Flight 1992

There are so many of the Flight line that still have not been redone it's just pure frustration honestly...

View media item 2365924View media item 2365909View media item 2365917View media item 2365923View media item 2365910View media item 2365912

I had or wanted all of these back then. The Maestros are a sore spot to this day: Our HS basketball season started and I got the Dee Brown Reebok Above The Rim pumps, and then not long after the season began, the Maestros came out and I had to watch some of my teammates rock them instead. Pissed me off I hadn't waited for new shoes, but back then we had no idea what was coming out or when, other than the fact the new Jordan dropped around the All-Star game.

Those black and white Flight Lite IIs ... man, all we ever got at any store I ever went into in Metro Detroit was the goofy hightop version in the random white, green and orange colorway. One of my teammates had those as well. I'd see Pip and others rocking the lows (mids, really) on TV and in photos and it drove me nuts. But back then, we were stuck with what was in our local stores, other than going the Eastbay route.

The third shoe shown here, were those called Maestros as well? I remember that shoe being everywhere but it never appealed to me.

But below that photo, those Air Swifts Pip wore when he dunked on Ewing were nice. I got the black and white pair for the late part of my bball season my senior year in HS. Had them for a long time afterward, but somewhere along the way I finally chucked them. Wish I hadn't.

And finally, those gray solo flights, I had the black and white version of those as well, 10th grade bball season. I seem to remember the toe separating a bit from the upper while playing in them and exchanging them at Footlocker for a pair of the original Air Flight Lite lows in white/white.

Speaking of the OG Flight Light lows, I also had a pair of the black/whites, the same shoe Pip wore in the '91 Finals. I remember putting the lace locks from my Jordan VIs on them as that's how Scottie wore his LOL. Of all the shoes shown here, the Maestro 1, the original Flight Lite low and the Flight Lite II low/mid more than deserve a retro. Like I said when this thread popped up last year, it baffles me sometimes to see some of the models Nike chooses to retro while leaving things like these locked away. Dopey.

Comparison pics, OG first

nike-air-maestro-original.jpg

nike-air-maestro-ii-trifecta-1-681x432.jpg

ead7a0c1105df18802c14c0abc5bfd6b--scottie-pippen-nba-.jpg
When Pip shaved his head, it always reminded me of the back of the Maestro 2. Still my favorite player though.

I know we can't expect much when it comes to shape molds with Nike anymore but it needs to be called out on yet again.

The reason the Maestro II was such a unique shoe at the time was because it essentially took the Maestro I and then revamped into into a unique shape. For those old enough to be around at that time it was talked about a lot and dang near became its identity.

Let's reminisce:

Nike-Air-Maestro-Black-White-1993.jpg

1993-94-Air-Maestro-Black.jpg

Now, let's take a look at the the latest Maestro II photo Nike just released of the upcoming retro which takes away basically all the OG shape.

nike-air-maestro-ii-trifecta-release-info-7.jpg

Last edited:
nike is dropping these tomorrow already in the eu....where the last retros tts?!?!
i may have to drive to my parents house to put on the ogs to find out ^^

What made the Kith pair dope is that there were sort of exclusive in the fact that they had the twisted laces and the zipper now they gotta slap it on them willy nilly.

Leave it to nike to mess up an OG and do wierd *** CW's like the blk orange and wht before they actually do the OG CW's proper.

nike is dropping these tomorrow already in the eu....where the last retros tts?!?!
i may have to drive to my parents house to put on the ogs to find out ^^
I remember the last retros being TTS. If i grab these online that’s what I’m going with. I can’t imagine they would screw that up.

What made the Kith pair dope is that there were sort of exclusive in the fact that they had the twisted laces and the zipper now they gotta slap it on them willy nilly.

Leave it to nike to mess up an OG and do wierd *** CW's like the blk orange and wht before they actually do the OG CW's proper.

The hell is this shoe supposed to be? Either way, the OG Maestro is such a better looking shoe than the II, in my humble opinion. Nike just wasting its time and ours on stuff like this. SMFH.

These remind me of the days in jr high when kids would go around popping eachother's air bags in class. Kept me on my toes for sure

I still want a pair of those

seems these are selling out in some spots....tried to find the site with the lowest shipping costs.... ha ha.. still copped tho

Back
Top Bottom