NIKE AIR MAG 2015

I don't think Nike can release 1 million pairs of anything.

There were over 500k Legend Blue XIs..

That's still only half (though a very high number)

In terms of the Mags I don't think they'd be willing to produce anywhere close to 500k or a million with the lights and/or power laces.

Plus it is a very specialized style overall. I think they do need to keep it limited and exclusive. And if it's gonna be limited and exclusive, then an auction is the best way to generate the most money out of the pairs that are produced.

If there were a million, they'd probably sit, and there wouldn't be as much hoopla over the release (and in turn, the charity)

They have an active petition against Amazon :lol: there were some real disgruntled customers on there.
I read a post by some soccer mom threatening to cancel her Amazon Prime over this. I was like, come on. You know you're going to come crawling back tomorrow 2-daying some crappy cookbook and that oh-so-very-cute duvet cover for your special little snowflake.
It's funny because the people complaining seem to be in their mid 30s and older, but I guess I understand having memorabilia is important to fans.

Bape bttf
Nice!  I grabbed the one on the right this morning on their site in an XL.  Excited to see it in person, usually wear a L in nike tees, heard these would run small so hopefully XL fits the bill.  

Last edited:
Nice!  I grabbed the one on the right this morning on their site in an XL.  Excited to see it in person, usually wear a L in nike tees, heard these would run small so hopefully XL fits the bill.  
yea I got the same size. I think you should be good unless you're really particular with how a shirt fits. With that said I looked at these, looked at my stomach and came to the conclusion I need to hit the gym pronto :lol:

It's funny because the people complaining seem to be in their mid 30s and older, but I guess I understand having memorabilia is important to fans.
There was a sequence of tweets that almost convinced me these people were in some sort of contest to see who could tell the saddest sob story. You're buying it for your quadriplegic deaf-mute son with end-stage cancer? Yeah, okay. You desperately need this as a pick-me-up because you were fired from your job, carjacked, and robbed all in the same day? Sounds legit. Oh, you have a dog whose dying wish was to drink some Pepsi Perfect out of his bowl while watching Back to the Future with you? Sure, why the hell not. 

There was a sequence of tweets that almost convinced me these people were in some sort of contest to see who could tell the saddest sob story. You're buying it for your quadriplegic deaf-mute son with end-stage cancer? Yeah, okay. You desperately need this as a pick-me-up because you were fired from your job, carjacked, and robbed all in the same day? Sounds legit. Oh, you have a dog whose dying wish was to drink some Pepsi Perfect out of his bowl while watching Back to the Future with you? Sure, why the hell not. 
Lol yeah, it was really entertaining.

I saw something similar to that on Facebook, some guy crying to Pepsi, claiming that his semi-autistic son had his heart set on getting the Pepsi, but after they sold out, he lost all his interest in everything BTTF related, and didn't even want to go see the movies tonight, and then they were talking about lawyering up and suing Pepsi for false advertising.

A few thousand people will attempt to buy a limited shoe, a few million were after the Pepsi so it's not hard to see why there would be complaints.

A few thousand people will attempt to buy a limited shoe, a few million were after the Pepsi so it's not hard to see why there would be complaints.
True, but come on. The ish these people were saying and the stories they were concocting were absurd.

If they want to benefit Fox's charity and make us happy, they could just make a million pairs and sell them for 1k each.. They'd sell out instantly and they could raise a ton of money and probably still cake off the release.. :nerd:
they'd make more money this way haha. 1 million pairs at 1k would be too much. but the idea is smarter

I saw something similar to that on Facebook, some guy crying to Pepsi, claiming that his semi-autistic son had his heart set on getting the Pepsi, but after they sold out, he lost all his interest in everything BTTF related, and didn't even want to go see the movies tonight, and then they were talking about lawyering up and suing Pepsi for false advertising.

laugh.gif

yea I got the same size. I think you should be good unless you're really particular with how a shirt fits. With that said I looked at these, looked at my stomach and came to the conclusion I need to hit the gym pronto :lol:

Cool, I'm definitely not that picky, honestly more worried about length than width, but I think it will be fine.

Yeah man i'm just looking forward to all the crying tweets again, it was really entertaining last night. People were threatening a class action lawsuit. People who claimed to have a business account with Pepsi were threatening to switch to Coke. It was classic, way worse than when a limited shoe releases. The whole time I was thinking to myself "man these people never get into buying shoes" :lol:

View media item 1757297
Saw this and laughed wayyyy too much, these people wouldn't survive buying shoes

they'd make more money this way haha. 1 million pairs at 1k would be too much. but the idea is smarter

I wish this were the case, but I assume it's a matter of maximizing the return on investment. I believe there would be a threshold where making more would cost way more (more assembly lines, electronics workers instead of seamstresses and they would be making way less per pair. At least right now, this way they can make fewer, invest less resources to the project, and make more money per pair. At this point, I am sure it's a matter of ROI. I doubt none of us are going to stop buying Nike products because we can't all buy a pair of MAGs in 2015, and Nike knows it.

Back
Top Bottom