NIKE AIR MAG 2015

damn i should have copped on DSM and SJS. Both releases i could have copped easy.

Who the hell out here paying 500+ for bruins :smh:  
wow surprised you passed on, i had thought when u posted that cart screenshot on twitter you did cop.
I just got shipping confirm from sjs.

The Bruin just seems like a really half assed release they're trying to get out the door. A few hundred pairs = just enough to cash in on the hype without spending too much time on it

Someone said they were trying to secure rights to use things like the clear receipt. My guess is they couldn't get the rights, which is why there's no mention of BTTF at all. They're just using NikeLab to make up for the hype.
How much are they really cashing in on?

I'm fine with auctioning the mags. Making these Bruins extremely limited is just pointless. I could understand a somewhat limited release but making them a nikelab release is too much.

I also find it funny that you guys are all making fun of the people buying the Pepsi's at resale yet when a rapper or Wall Street broker buys a bottle of Dom P. or Aces to either drink or waste, he's the cool one. 

Not saying fine wine isn't worth it and i get the same impression when i see these music videos and movies as well but seriously, at least these people buying the Pepsi are spending their money on an investment/childhood memory so i don't think they should be called idiots or crazy for it really. I would never spend that much money on one partly because it's not a memory for me and partly because i have other priorities (mainly sneakers) but i say they should be able to spend their money how they want it and if they have their reasons of justifying the price, so be it. 

I SEE YOUR POINT.. BUT A BOTTLE OF SOME FANCY LIQUOR AT RETAIL IS EXPENSIVE ENOUGH...ITS NOT BEING PURCHASED AT "RESALE" VALUE AND FOR THE RECORD...THE ONLY BOTTLES I BUY ARE AT THE LIQUOR STORE.. ANYTHING ELSE IS EITHER CORNY OR WITHIN SOMEONE'S MEANS IMO.. RAPPERS AND BTTF PEPSI FANATICS CAN BOTH SPEND THEIR MONEY HOW THEY WISH.. AND I CAN LAUGH AT THEM HOW I WISH :D

LOL @ people asking about writing these off on their taxes..

Do you even know how that works? Have you ever even done your own taxes?

Keep that talk in line at your next footlocker jordan release hahaha

technically the entire amount is a write off due to the fact that it is donation to a charity...

To put it in perspective you are basically writing a check to MJF Foundation for $X and they are giving you a pair of sneakers for free....

It would be no different then walking in church and writing a check...the IRS allows you a maximum of 50% of your AGI to be donated (which ain't none of us in this bracket)....but MJF Foundation is supposed to give you a letter of value that they place on the item and you deduct that from the amount contributed and technically that is your write off...But I don't think anyone does this...
This is incorrect.  You can only write off the difference between what you paid and the FMV, so in 2011, Nike's documentation provided that the MSRP (FMV) was $1,000.  Accordingly, if you had bid $5,000, you could only write off $4,000.  It's the same concept with any charitable donation - the IRS deems the charitable donation to be equal to the amount paid less the FMV of what is received in return, so if you win a golf trip to Ireland at a silent auction for charity, they will tell you the FMV of the trip and you will be able to write off the difference.  I know all this crap because I'm a transactional lawyer.

Would be funny to see some broke reseller who works at McDonalds try to put a 15k write off on his taxes and get audited 

Last edited:

This is incorrect.  You can only write off the difference between what you paid and the FMV, so in 2011, Nike's documentation provided that the MSRP (FMV) was $1,000.  Accordingly, if you had bid $5,000, you could only write off $4,000.  It's the same concept with any charitable donation - the IRS deems the charitable donation to be equal to the amount paid less the FMV of what is received in return, so if you win a golf trip to Ireland at a silent auction for charity, they will tell you the FMV of the trip and you will be able to write off the difference.  I know all this crap because I'm a transactional lawyer.
QFT, and in case anyone needs more info:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506.html

"You don't even know what a write off is"
"Do you?"
"No"

"Well they do...and they're the ones writing it off"
:rofl:

QFT, and in case anyone needs more info:
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506.html
Yes, surforia surforia obv is correct. We put the shoes through my ladies PT business and her biz accountant needed a letter from the MJF organization stating the nature of the auction and a FMV. Even if you don't know how, your accountant will and an organization like the MJF will obviously provide whatever documentation is needed.

Since I got a hulu a few months ago I've watched through the entire series atleast 5 times 
laugh.gif
 GOAT tv show.

Since I got a hulu a few months ago I've watched through the entire series atleast 5 times 
laugh.gif
 GOAT tv show.
Nice. I did it with the dvds, where they offered the option to watch them with a trivia track that would also track things like the number of times Kramer walked into Jerry's apartment (#100 was one his most memorable, from "The Contest" episode: "I'm out!")

Last edited:
Neighbor is a newspaper delivery guy, he hooked it up at 6am yesturday with 5 bundles of 120 newspapers 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Already sold 13 of them for $25 a pop
nthat.gif
 My first post... Blessed

Good thing the people who are buying your $25 papers don't know they can still order them directly from USA today for like $7 shipped. Welcome to NT, you are going to fit in perfect here.

Neighbor is a newspaper delivery guy, he hooked it up at 6am yesturday with 5 bundles of 120 newspapers 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Already sold 13 of them for $25 a pop
nthat.gif
 My first post... Blessed
This has troll written all over it.  Whether it is true or not I am LOLing. 

Back
Top Bottom