NIKE AIR MAG 2015

leftright leftright people will always find a reson to complain. that's just the way it'll always be. you can't make everyone happy.

me, i never expected to win so definitely not salty. it is however definitely good to see all that money raised for charity :pimp:

I've been following this thread since the window opened up for the Draw and I've been reading things afterwards. First, congratulations to those who got a pair, inside and outside of NT.

However, I feel like I have to speak up. I apologize in advance if I come off harsh and offend anyone in any way, but this is just my true feelings about this whole situation.

I'm honestly appalled by the lack of focus on the bigger picture. Nike and the MJF Foundation are working on raising (or maintaining, however one sees it) awareness and are trying to help save lives of people whose quality of life are diminishing because of a disease that has no cure in the meantime. You mean to tell me that you'd like to ***** about a shoe that was made in a very small quantity that you'd paid for your own price for [with the Draw] that you couldn't get, because you took a loss? AT LEAST YOU HAD A CHANCE IN SOMETHING, and to piggyback off of leftright leftright , people are still complaining! People with Parkinson's disease right now have NO chance of getting a cure (as ****** up as it is for me to say it in that manner,) because the cure is still being searched for. For ****'s sakes, IMAGINE what it's like to be in that position. It hurts me a lot more to see Michael J. Fox and anyone w/ the disease go through what they have to go through than seeing, "Your name was not drawn."

So if anything, it's better that WE, the people who can live a normal life, help them increase their chances of finding a cure than a better chance of us getting a shoe, no matter how popular/nostalgic it is. What's better to hear: that you won a shoe or that you helped cure and potentially SAVE the lives of other people?

Last edited:
This release was a joke.

Nike press release in 2015, "but a limited edition of the sneaker will be released in spring 2016 via auction with all proceeds going to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research."

Push it back 4 months, drop 89 pairs (raffle only), and charge $10 an entry. What awareness for Parkinson's did this raise? No disrespect, but 75% of people who entered didn't do it with the intention of helping a good cause, but rather wanted to help themselves.

No disrespect, but 75% of people who entered didn't do it with the intention of helping a good cause, but rather wanted to help themselves.

I'm sure it was even higher than 75% ... personally, I wouldn't have ever donated to it if it wasn't for this raffle. Just being real.

The only thing that kills me is the way Nike kinda made it seem like the 2011 release was just a very limited teaser of something much bigger and better in 2015. And I'm sorry, if they can make 89 pairs they could have made more (why not 1,989?)

The only thing I can think of is they're probably all hand made by Nike within Beaverton by highly skilled people who just don't have time to make that many pairs. 89 pairs is easy to bang out but thousands would require transfer of the technology to a factory somewhere.

Anyway, I'm glad I had a "chance" to own them at least. Just feels like Nike could've really made a lot more money for charity while making a lot more fans happy. I'm happy for those that did win though and glad they didn't have a chance to go to typical resellers.

Last edited:

"Hard to make" means it wasnt cost effective and in the best interest of the company. 

Nike has a competent  accounting department so throwing out random numbers of what it could and shouldve been is pointless. 

The raffle is over and hyperadapts is it. 

Nike spends more money annually on soccer field then what was collected for the Mag raffle. 

They dont care about the cause no more than they have to appear too. 
Yeah I get that but EVEN if they made the non auto lacing pairs from 2011 and made 1,000,000 of those and sold em for $300 a pop they could have raised a LOT more money for charity.

The only thing I can think of is they're probably all hand made by Nike within Beaverton by highly skilled people who just don't have time to make that many pairs. 89 pairs is easy to bang out but thousands would require transfer of the technology to a factory somewhere.

This makes the most logical reason behind the project. 

Yeah I get that but EVEN if they made the non auto lacing pairs from 2011 and made 1,000,000 of those and sold em for $300 a pop they could have raised a LOT more money for charity.
Nike aint making a million of any sneaker in a single run let alone one with a PCB, motorized or not. 

I bet this shoe was one of the highest cost to manufacture both ver. 

How would Nike recover the loss of making the million shoes, its just not in there best interest. 

Sure, the Mag is financially not very interesting for Nike but after 11 years expertise of rebuilding the original prop in every detail, developing all the tools for that art project, they could raffle of a bunch of pairs every year on "Future Day" Oct-21 with benefits going to MJF. They know that the fans are highly emotional connected to the shoe. Now finally having no chance to get even a non-lacing version is kinda depressing for most of them, including me to be honest here. Its so hard to accept that there will be always this feeling in my mind when i buy a new Nike product. They´re making thousands of people hot and then almost everybody has no chance. 

The cause is great with the donation. I´m glad that i took part and donated 10 entries. I´m only talking about the strategy here.

Last edited:
I think we need to consider that there is some significant risk exposure for Nike if they release these in large quantities. People complain to Nike when the box is slightly dented, imagine when a good percentage of the lights start going out on the mags? With small releases like these and 2011, they are in a manageable level of service to each buyer/winner. I don't foresee Nike releasing these in mass quantities any time soon, as much as I would love to see it.

I think we need to consider that there is some significant risk exposure for Nike if they release these in large quantities. People complain to Nike when the box is slightly dented, imagine when a good percentage of the lights start going out on the mags? With small releases like these and 2011, they are in a manageable level of service to each buyer/winner. I don't foresee Nike releasing these in mass quantities any time soon, as much as I would love to see it.
This

This is not the last we will see of the MAG.

I foresee the release of the 89 pairs happening annually as Nike's annual PD awareness event. Not only to raise money for the cure, but to also raise awareness; which this past event did.

You are good. Right now the biggest difference, IMO, between the near perfect V3 fakes and real Nike are the red, green, yellow LED's. The V3 lights up very bright almost blending all the colors together. The Nike is much more defined.

Plus the lace outline on V3's are more pronounced than Nike.

Last edited:

exactly, i've been saying this. too much of a headache to deal with on a large scale

So a local friend of mine just informed me that he won, size 9. Entered with 4 tickets. MAGS will be in his hands next week. He is definitely going to sell them. I said just let me see them before you sell them. Hopefully I can grab a pic and possible review for ya'll.

So a local friend of mine just informed me that he won, size 9. Entered with 4 tickets. MAGS will be in his hands next week. He is definitely going to sell them. I said just let me see them before you sell them. Hopefully I can grab a pic and possible review for ya'll.
step in mud with them

That would be fantastic! We'll hold you to it.

That sick man. Congrats to him. Didnt even think id hear much about anyone winning pairs... 89 spread out is like a grain a sand in the dessert lol

Back
Top Bottom