Nike Air Max 1 2009 Preview

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Not as bad as the Max 90 Currents but close
ehhhh....90 currents>these

the 90 currents actually look different, kind of like a total different shoe. These look close, but not close enough....not sure how much sense that made, but I know what Im talking about
laugh.gif
co-sign, the 90 currents are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and they are VERY comfortable! i understand what u mean dubl
wink.gif

in the last pic the toebox looks about 13 miles long. wish it had a shorter cut.

Originally Posted by rap and sneakz

Had the samples in hand and on foot. Therese also the varsity royal pair to release at the same time. Lightweight mesh on the toe. flywire on the sides and two component midsole. If you look closely, you can see a seem below the air window on the midsole. The eva is extremely soft.

Only thing a bit strange, concept wise, is that they used all these high tech lightweight materials but come up with a thick suede for the mudguard. Bit weird imo. Also the shape is very off. A very chunky look in the toe area.

All in all. Good idea, semi good execution.
I agree, Oli.. I don't mind the toebox, but you definitely need some clean socks when you wear these things.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get both of 'em.
Here's the blue pair...
350980970.jpg

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by ThaDoogal23

Not as bad as the Max 90 Currents but close

ehhhh....90 currents>these

the 90 currents actually look different, kind of like a total different shoe. These look close, but not close enough....not sure how much sense that made, but I know what Im talking about
laugh.gif

i totally understand what you mean. i feel the same way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cubanbeee

Originally Posted by rap and sneakz

Had the samples in hand and on foot. Therese also the varsity royal pair to release at the same time. Lightweight mesh on the toe. flywire on the sides and two component midsole. If you look closely, you can see a seem below the air window on the midsole. The eva is extremely soft.

Only thing a bit strange, concept wise, is that they used all these high tech lightweight materials but come up with a thick suede for the mudguard. Bit weird imo. Also the shape is very off. A very chunky look in the toe area.

All in all. Good idea, semi good execution.
I agree, Oli.. I don't mind the toebox, but you definitely need some clean socks when you wear these things.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get both of 'em.

Thanks for the pic...

is the lightweight mesh on the toebox the same material as seen on the Lunar Racer?

I'm not hating these. Nike should do a pack for these, the OGs and these, a pack I wouldn't mind buying.

loosen the laces a bit and these are straight! is the swoosh shiny vinyl or something? is the mesh see through or something? kinda weird! i would get em onsale!

Not sure what to make of these...they look like they might be wearable. But what's the point of copping these when i can track down the normal materialversion?

threw this comparison gif together real quickly.
449350394b6561d1c7d2ca98b2f0a922d5dded1.gif

mudguard is different.... the whole upper is less tall. if you want to describe it that way. I think its the new "mesh" material that is also usedwith the lunar racer that just "MOLDS" to your foot rather than having a shape preformed.. the shoe will come to life so to speak when the foot is inthere.

Oli, thanks for the info.....and B thanks for the pics of the white/royal.

I do like them, I must say.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

You guys kill me. I swear it's as if you want to wear the exact same shoes when you are 80 years old. I love retros, but I'm not opposed to changing it up a little...who knows, they might stumble on a new classic. I wouldn't consider these retros, they just took an OG colorway and tried to add some new technology...tried to progress...I'm cool with that as long as they don't get rid of retros, which I don't think they will.

indeed
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom