Nike Air Max 98 Retro Scheduled? via NB

...and here they are:
garbage imo
mean.gif

Last edited:
yea those 98 supremes are trash. with that many panels on that shoe they coudlve done a lot better than an all black and snakeskin. trust supreme to put snakeskin on apair of 98s lol

i don't dislike the shoe, but...a supreme collabo? ugh...

release is gonna be a mess without a bot...after market is gonna be loaded with hypebeasts driving up the prices on a shoe that historically has sat on sales racks year in and year out. amazing how supreme is able to get ppl interested in something that normally nobody (except us) cares about.

i'd like a pair but i won't be holding my breath...

i don't dislike the shoe, but...a supreme collabo? ugh...

release is gonna be a mess without a bot...after market is gonna be loaded with hypebeasts driving up the prices on a shoe that historically has sat on sales racks year in and year out. amazing how supreme is able to get ppl interested in something that normally nobody (except us) cares about.

i'd like a pair but i won't be holding my breath...
these will be easy to get just like the stussy 95s

but the price tag will be probably around the $200 i think
laugh.gif

and resell will be around the $250-$275

^^ nah its supreme. i dont know any supreme collab thats only gone 50 over retail. stussy is a little different i feel. supreme is supreme... its pure hype. i say 400. who knows maybe ur right a lot of people arent really into 98s

^^ nah its supreme. i dont know any supreme collab thats only gone 50 over retail. stussy is a little different i feel. supreme is supreme... its pure hype. i say 400. who knows maybe ur right a lot of people arent really into 98s
That's what I think, too. stussy is one thing, supreme is another thing entirely. 

98 'fans' will suddenly start showing up out the woodwork for these proclaiming '[they] love the shoe and the colorway'. my *****

when I was a kid, every colorway of 98's sat on sales racks...and even now as an adult, every colorway of this new batch of 98's have ended up on sales racks and in outlets.

in any case, i hope i'm able to get my hands on a pair for retail although I doubt that'll happen...I have a hard time sleepin on 98's. 

isnt 400 not a bit too much for those 98s

would people actually buy them for that price

because they only have the Supreme branding on them
mean.gif

i think i gonna cop them for resell, i can use some extra money tho
tongue.gif

Haven't been in here in a while, but also patiently waiting on those gundams if they will ever happen.

Oh and awesome shots of your vintage 98's on last page thefupatroopa thefupatroopa , those FNL exclusives are fire. Wish I could find my pair.

For y'all speculating about the price of these new Supreme x am98s, I think at MAX, no more than $225...personally thinking closer to 200-210. Of course, this is my personal opinion, but I'm going off of past collabs. For example, the Supreme x Jordan 5 retailed at $198...and that's pretty damn good considering. Whats normal retail on 5's, $160? With the new "remastered" pairs I'm sure the new 5's this year will be $225ish. The Supreme x Foamposite 1 retailed at $250 (I think retail was 220-240 at the time), Supreme x AF1 lows retailed at $128....etc.

Just going off of previous nike collabs...food for thought/speculation I guess. Would really be surprised if they are more than 200-225...all we can do is hope and pray they end up being around 175ish! And I HOPE there are two other colorways that blow me away. I do like these two, but I wish that there were accent colors on 'em. I feel like a royal blue air bag / royal accents would be flames on both of these.

Last edited:
Whatever retail typically is on 98's it'll only be like $10 or $20 more, if that. Supreme V's were $198(?) and retail on regular Jordans now is $190. But in terms of resell I can see it being around 3 or $350. I like 98's, but I wish we would have saw a "Gundam" retro before these, but hey, just my 2¢

That's what I think, too. stussy is one thing, supreme is another thing entirely. 

98 'fans' will suddenly start showing up out the woodwork for these proclaiming '[they] love the shoe and the colorway'. my *****

when I was a kid, every colorway of 98's sat on sales racks...and even now as an adult, every colorway of this new batch of 98's have ended up on sales racks and in outlets.

in any case, i hope i'm able to get my hands on a pair for retail although I doubt that'll happen...I have a hard time sleepin on 98's. 

98's had/have a cult following. They were dope then, and still dope. But I have to agree. Slap a limited HB colab on them and all of a sudden everyone is a 98 fan.

Whatever retail typically is on 98's it'll only be like $10 or $20 more, if that. Supreme V's were $198(?) and retail on regular Jordans now is $190. But in terms of resell I can see it being around 3 or $350. I like 98's, but I wish we would have saw a "Gundam" retro before these, but hey, just my 2¢

Agreed.
Nike couldn't produce the Gundams, but decided to release 4 colabs instead..... :smh:

98's had/have a cult following. They were dope then, and still dope. But I have to agree. Slap a limited HB colab on them and all of a sudden everyone is a 98 fan.
Agreed.
Nike couldn't produce the Gundams, but decided to release 4 colabs instead.....
mean.gif
gundams will become outlet material and get lil to no exposure on social media

and these Supremes will be featured on IG and every other social media platform

and even get their own hashtags like #AIRMAX98SUPREME / #AM98SUPREME
laugh.gif

admit the previous 98 cws were not really a huge sales hit this might be the savior from the 98s

if a certain shoe is not gaining the desired amount of sales what nike is aiming for

then they will produce lil to no cws for that particulary model, just look at the Air Max Lights and the BWs

the BWs sales amount were even that poor that they even took them out of production for 1 year

and if the 98s will not gain some more popularity, they will get the same destiny like the AMLs or the BWs
wink.gif

Last edited:
Not my pics
I think I prefer the blacks. The 98's are kind of unique because there is so many things going on with the design and that black on black definitely tones it down. The python...it kind of tones it down, too, but that screenshot almost makes me think of the Adidas Micropacer...a bit too much python for me.

id much rather these again w/o a supreme tag..
View media item 1877506Or just stop toying with our emotions and bring us the Gundam's already.. Complete nonsense for them to release new colorways when they know these are the most desired ones to come back by old fans, and it's a colorway new fans would eat up.

Last edited:
id much rather these again w/o a supreme tag..

Or just stop toying with our emotions and bring us the Gundam's already.. Complete nonsense for them to release new colorways when they know these are the most desired ones to come back by old fans, and it's a colorway new fans would eat up.
Yeah those are fire. 

There were a lot of colors they could have/should have came with...the two 'new' colorways they came with I felt were just wack. 

Hopefully we'll see those as a GR release^^^. I think Gundams are slotted to retro this year as a GR so I can take or leave supremes but it is kinda cool to see these get some collab love

What's the fit like on these...I'm generally an 11.5 (Most Jordan Retro's, AM95's, AM90's etc...)...I came up on a good deal for a size 12 but thinking it might be a little too big...

What's the fit like on these...I'm generally an 11.5 (Most Jordan Retro's, AM95's, AM90's etc...)...I came up on a good deal for a size 12 but thinking it might be a little too big...
I think they fit the same as jordan retros, am95's, am90's. i wear a size 10 in all of the above

Back
Top Bottom