Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Nike Air Plus (852630-034)

2018 - 852630-034 - 001.png
2018 - 852630-034 - 002.png

Zoom fly then

Ok. Just wondering... are there any particular reason why these don't make good running shoes? Do they have issues with the air pods bursting or something? Weren't these originally designed to be running shoes? I'm no professional runner or anything, I just like to go for a run in the morning on my days off for a little exercise.

Ok. Just wondering... are there any particular reason why these don't make good running shoes? Do they have issues with the air pods bursting or something? Weren't these originally designed to be running shoes? I'm no professional runner or anything, I just like to go for a run in the morning on my days off for a little exercise.

Not sure I think they were originally all made as potential running shoes but now technology has moved on they’re only good for lifestyle, TN has some of the better comfort out of air max models for me but I wouldn’t like to run in them, too heavy and not enough breathability

Flyknit trainers seem alright for running as do epic react flyknit

Not sure I think they were originally all made as potential running shoes but now technology has moved on they’re only good for lifestyle, TN has some of the better comfort out of air max models for me but I wouldn’t like to run in them, too heavy and not enough breathability

Flyknit trainers seem alright for running as do epic react flyknit

So do you think these are better?

Air Jordan Trainer 2 Flyknit
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/a...aining-shoe-wPKBAy/pid-11856827/pgid-12291551

I said this a few months back, but I remember a thread way back around 01/02 when AMPs were in heavy rotation everywhere. Dude said he's seen these shoes everywhere and not once ever observed anyone running in them. :lol: Everyone in the thread agreed, nobody had seen anybody using this shoe for its intended purpose.

Take it for what you will, but even when these were new; they were used as a street shoe and not a jogger.

I can understand that, but my street shoes will always be retro jordans. I've been running in my almost 10 year old pair of J1s which are a full size too big (I had extremely flat feet back then). I know they are doing a number on my feet and knees trying to run in them. I guess my real question is, are these BAD shoes for running, or just not the best? People seem to prefer zoom air as opposed to the bubbles for running...

I can understand that, but my street shoes will always be retro jordans. I've been running in my almost 10 year old pair of J1s which are a full size too big (I had extremely flat feet back then). I know they are doing a number on my feet and knees trying to run in them. I guess my real question is, are these BAD shoes for running, or just not the best? People seem to prefer zoom air as opposed to the bubbles for running...
You're killing yourself trying to run in retro shoes. They may have been the intended purpose 20years ago, but the tech changed so much. Hell Converse were made as basketball shoes, but no body would play in those.

You need something light, and has good response. If you just running/jogging in straight lines, the vapormax is good too if you want to stick to Nike.

Are Air Max not running shoes? What would you recommend?

When the originals came out, they were running shoes

These retro release Air Maxes are more uncomfortable to walk long distances in than my leather sole dress shoes, so I don't think running in them is a good idea. Nike just re-releases them with the same/similar uppers, but the cushioning is bootleg quality

Not sure if i should be asking this thread, or the AM97 thread, but how is the sizing on the AM97 Plus (Plus upper, 97 midsole)?

Can you compare it against a AM97 for reference or an AM98?

I ran track in these in middle school. I wore out the OG Black/Red/Purple fade colorway. Heel is kind of high for a running shoe. They didn’t help my time at all, but I looked cool.

Back
Top Bottom