Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Still have mine from when the first dropped with a foggy bubble

Sole might be crumbling. Haven't checked.

I wish they'd retro, never cared for the leather ones and the sole change ones :rolleyes

Guess my OG's were the second release then. I think there was another retro of the same tiger colourway around 2003 along with another retro of the Hyper Blue's too, both had a blackened toe guard if I remember rightly. 

They aren't OG's then :lol:

Man I can't find the gray and blue ones I had, but will post pics of the black and red ones I have.  I think they came out back in 99, not as clean as I would like but still holding up.

***Edit.

Found a pic of the ones I had not a great shot but shows some of the shoe.

Between these and the Tailwinds, my shoe game was on point.  I wonder if we have a Tailwind thread started.

Last edited:
Guess my OG's were the second release then. I think there was another retro of the same tiger colourway around 2003 along with another retro of the Hyper Blue's too, both had a blackened toe guard if I remember rightly. 

Tiger colorway didn't retro in 2003 unfortunately (never understood that either lol) atleast I've never seen a 2003 pair ever. Anyhow here are the pairs I owned over the years,

first pair made 12/98 (released 1999)

View media item 467943

second pair made 9/2000

View media item 467944

View media item 467945

What are the chances of these dropping in the states in the next few years? 
nerd.gif

Still have mine from when the first dropped with a foggy bubble

Sole might be crumbling. Haven't checked.

I wish they'd retro, never cared for the leather ones and the sole change ones
eyes.gif

They aren't OG's then
laugh.gif
Learn something new everyday! So it must have been the 2nd release I had (colour much closer to the 2013 release). 

laugh.gif
 That's too bad, I've always been a fan of the shoe.
probably because there is not much demand for this kind of shoe in the US

here in the EU its quite big, street goonz here love this shoe, matching it with the TN 5 panel cap or other Nike TN clothing

especially in France is the TN line very popular, you see it everywhere when you are in Paris

carbonfiber AMP TN

AMP TN collection from some french guy

I still have these in my closet. Both from Champs Sports. Also have the all black leather version (not pictured).

Last edited:
^That

Hyper Blues are one of my top 3 nikes all time and they're unicorn status in the states. The rare times I do come across a pair they're not my size or the bubbles are fogged with a midsole on the verge of crumbling.

yeah these were never that popular in the states but i made a few pickups whenever i was in europe...such a great shape and silhouette *but really uncomfortable

are those carbon fibers available anywhere else?

Yo Chun much appreciated man. :nthat:

I can't wait for my pairs. :nthat:

-Drew

yeah these were never that popular in the states but i made a few pickups whenever i was in europe...such a great shape and silhouette *but really uncomfortable

I dunno... these were very popular as far as I remember... until Shox released. Once the shox line took off I saw alot of people migrate from Tn and TL Maxs in favor of shox.

:lol: I remember alot of shorter people loving shox because they made you so much taller.

:smh: I think some of you are mistaking when they were retroed from their initial release. These were extremely popular when they first dropped. That's why they retroed them so quickly and they had a ton of colorways..

Last edited:
mean.gif
I think some of you are mistaking when they were retroed from their initial release. These were extremely popular when they first dropped. That's why they retroed them so quickly and they had a ton of colorways..
And never stopped going in Europe. 

Back
Top Bottom