Nike Air Max Plus Thread

:smh: I think some of you are mistaking when they were retroed from their initial release. These were extremely popular when they first dropped. That's why they retroed them so quickly and they had a ton of colorways..

And never stopped going in Europe. 

I dunno... these were very popular as far as I remember... until Shox released. Once the shox line took off I saw alot of people migrate from Tn and TL Maxs in favor of shox.

:lol: I remember alot of shorter people loving shox because they made you so much taller.

yeah these were never that popular in the states but i made a few pickups whenever i was in europe...such a great shape and silhouette *but really uncomfortable

are those carbon fibers available anywhere else?

i could be wrong b/c i couldn't really afford these when they first came out in the early 2000's, but i only remember seeing a few different colorways of these. don't get me wrong, these were popular enough in the states to warrant a retro (and a pretty successful one at that) but every time I've been to Europe in the past 10-12 years (at least 10 times), they've had at least 5 DIFFERENT colorways sitting on the shelves of every footlocker I'd step into. and usually another 3 colorways sitting on the sales racks. I'm talking, literally, hundreds of colorways amassed steadily over 10+ years.

i may be off with my dates, but i was under the impression that in the US we had the initial drop back in 2000 or whatever, and then another pretty big drop in 2007-2008, and then that godawful hybrid push in 2009 (each mildly successful)

I didn't notice, but are there 3M hits on the 2013 Sunburst retros? :nerd:

-Drew

i could be wrong b/c i couldn't really afford these when they first came out in the early 2000's, but i only remember seeing a few different colorways of these. don't get me wrong, these were popular enough in the states to warrant a retro (and a pretty successful one at that) but every time I've been to Europe in the past 10-12 years (at least 10 times), they've had at least 5 DIFFERENT colorways sitting on the shelves of every footlocker I'd step into. and usually another 3 colorways sitting on the sales racks. I'm talking, literally, hundreds of colorways amassed steadily over 10+ years.

i may be off with my dates, but i was under the impression that in the US we had the initial drop back in 2000 or whatever, and then another pretty big drop in 2007-2008, and then that godawful hybrid push in 2009 (each mildly successful)
That's true, just look at the current stock on the FL EU site
http://www.footlocker.eu/nl/en/s/tuned.aspx
Most of them are available in the shops, some are webonly and some are store only. Right now you will find app. 10 cws in the shops I think, with app. every 8 weeks new models arriving. Unfortunately not all of them are interesting, a lot of rubbish. We need more classic cws with fading color uppers....

They came out in 1998. You're talking about when they were retroed. They weren't as well received when they retroed, because they had just released and people had moved on to other Nike running kicks. Retroing sneakers wasn't as popular back then as it is now, at least here in the states. I remember I got a pair of retro neon 95's on sale back in 99 cheap. We looked back on certain sneakers later as classics, compared to what Nike was releasing in the 21st century. Before you just moved on to the next release, because Nike was releasing so much hot stuff in the 90's.

Last edited:
:lol: Magic you're saying what I held back on saying.

Had to rep you twice king.

When these INITIALLY dropped in the late 90's?

You literally couldn't go ANYWHERE without seeing them.

I mean no disrespect to my Euro heads (because it's not your fault) but i'm really sick and tired of all these Euro only releases.

Yeah, Nike flooded the block with these like it was the crack era in the 80's. I got tired of seeing them and stopped wearing mine. Plus they had a bunch of womens colorways, so they had them too. I kept wondering when they were going to stop with the colorways. Then they started doing the leather. I think that's why Nike thought they could release them again so soon. They had such a lukewarm reception that Nike seems cold on these here.

I would probably get a pair for nostalgia purposes, but it would have to be an OG colorway. The blue and the orange were always the best colorways IMO.

I always thought these should have been given a number. The 98 Plus or somethign. It's so much easier to remember, yo I want the 95's, 97's, 90's. Nike released a bunch of running kicks in 98 and 99 with similar make ups and designs and the names had so little differentiation they were practically indistinguishable. What's a Air Max IV? I know what a I is. That's one of the reasons a lot of them haven't been retroed.

I'm still waiting for these

View media item 484731
Still have mine, but the sole came off years ago

Last edited:
Most of them are available in the shops, some are webonly and some are store only. Right now you will find app. 10 cws in the shops I think, with app. every 8 weeks new models arriving. Unfortunately not all of them are interesting, a lot of rubbish.
In Europe, we have between 25 and 35 cws per year. I know Australia have some of them too, plus between 5 and 10 Foot Locker Australia exclusive cws.

In total, since 1998 i have enumerated 427 AM+ (43 retroed), this leaves us with 384 unique cws.

Every model on the web store is available at French (Europe?) Foot Locker shop, but i've seen some models only available at the Foot Locker shop these past years.

In Europe, we have between 25 and 35 cws per year. I know Australia have some of them too, plus between 5 and 10 Foot Locker Australia exclusive cws.

In total, since 1998 i have enumerated 427 AM+ (43 retroed), this leaves us with 384 unique cws.

Every model on the web store is available at French (Europe?) Foot Locker shop, but i've seen some models only available at the Foot Locker shop these past years.

Either alot of the Americans in this thread are very young and just started collecting sneaker or don't remember from 2004-2006 nike basically releases a new AMP shoe every other week in the states. I worked at champs in college and these would sit on the shelves for mad long and go for about $69.99 or cheaper and people still wouldn't buy them. Along with the HOA pack, the infareds, 180s, and 93s couldn't sell for anything now all of a sudden people are feening for them?!?!

Nike is smart and knows its pure hype with alot of these recent sneaker releases and don't want to get burned by consumers not buying.

Either alot of the Americans in this thread are very young and just started collecting sneaker or don't remember from 2004-2006 nike basically releases a new AMP shoe every other week in the states. I worked at champs in college and these would sit on the shelves for mad long and go for about $69.99 or cheaper and people still wouldn't buy them. Along with the HOA pack, the infareds, 180s, and 93s couldn't sell for anything now all of a sudden people are feening for them?!?!

Nike is smart and knows its pure hype with alot of these recent sneaker releases and don't want to get burned by consumers not buying.
2004? These came out in 1998 and every "retro" of O.G. colorways was off.

Then, variants, ruined MY chance to get back my O.G. blue, grey and orange pair in a bigger size than from 98.

every "retro" of O.G. colorways was off.

See... this is one of the reasons a lot of **** rots on shelves.

You can't just half *** it on the materials and be off (i'm talking WAAAAAAAAAY off) on the original colorway of a sneaker and expect folks to eat them up.

See... this is one of the reasons a lot of **** rots on shelves.

You can't just half *** it on the materials and be off (i'm talking WAAAAAAAAAY off) on the original colorway of a sneaker and expect folks to eat them up.

Indeed

are those carbon fibers available anywhere else?
those carbons AMPs are a french exclusive LE

not available anywhere else

http://enjoymystyle.frbb.net/forum

u need to register to get acces

http://tn-rekin-13.skyrock.com/archives/#page2

http://flotn77.skyrock.com/archives/#page5

http://skets74.skyrock.com/archives/#page2

http://airmaxplus1.skyrock.com/archives/#page6

http://nicorekin.skyrock.com/archives/#page2

http://airmaxplusman69.skyrock.com/archives/#page2

here are some skyrock profiles that i find from the members from the forum
also if u take a look at the friends list from these members u can find other
skyrock profiles from other AMP fetishists

Got 3 new CWs alone dropping this month in Australia, these are a hood staple and we get about 3 CW's a month every year

latest pair to drop 

showing some love for the amps

have more not pictured

Hmmm don't think I have ever seen a pair I HATED, but I just did.  Those are hedious, you can barely make out the exo-suit look of the shoe.
Got 3 new CWs alone dropping this month in Australia, these are a hood staple and we get about 3 CW's a month every year

latest pair to drop 
MOFO... These are HOT.  Wonder if anyone will have these on Bay.  I want these, might be time to start pricing out airline tickets.

^thats because these wont sell well in the US.

i still can find 2-3 colorways that released 6-7 years ago in a certain store in florida

I'd happily try help you guys in the US but we get so ripped off with price it's almost cheaper to save up for a holiday lol
These are $240 Aus dollars which is almost $240 US.

The shoe has a bit of a bad name in Aus so I switched to Shox for my everyday beaters but I still cop a couple CW's a year

Tempted on these black joints

Back
Top Bottom