Nike Air Max Tempo - SPRING 2012 Retro [CounterKicks.com]

Compared my 2011 pairs to my 2000 and 1995 (OG) pairs.
Here are my observations:

-The 2000 was a PERFECT retro, no detail was spared and materials are identical.

-The 2011 is an OK facsimile of the 1995 with the following disappointments:  shiny, cheap feeling "leather", white sock liner and inner (OGs had speckled piping and black inner), pull tabs lack speckles, small air bags, grey air uptempo symbol in back, black swoosh on tongue (OGs has a teal swoosh)

-I am pleased the 2011 has the "Air Uptempo" instead of "Air Tempo"

Overall I am pleased, they are good enough to wear... which is great for me since my OGs cannot be worn without the airbags eventually separating from the sole, sadly.

I will take DSLR pics later...  for now enjoy iPhone pics of my 2011, 2000 and 1995 Air Max Uptempos.

Compared my 2011 pairs to my 2000 and 1995 (OG) pairs.
Here are my observations:

-The 2000 was a PERFECT retro, no detail was spared and materials are identical.

-The 2011 is an OK facsimile of the 1995 with the following disappointments:  shiny, cheap feeling "leather", white sock liner and inner (OGs had speckled piping and black inner), pull tabs lack speckles, small air bags, grey air uptempo symbol in back, black swoosh on tongue (OGs has a teal swoosh)

-I am pleased the 2011 has the "Air Uptempo" instead of "Air Tempo"

Overall I am pleased, they are good enough to wear... which is great for me since my OGs cannot be worn without the airbags eventually separating from the sole, sadly.

I will take DSLR pics later...  for now enjoy iPhone pics of my 2011, 2000 and 1995 Air Max Uptempos.

Cant wait to see the DSLR comparison pics. I already see a few lil details Nike left out. Why do the always leave out the lil details when they retro things? 
ohwell.gif

Waited a long time for them so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy when I pick them up from my boy who ordered off swoosh for me. They also came overnight unexpectedly!

Cant wait to see the DSLR comparison pics. I already see a few lil details Nike left out. Why do the always leave out the lil details when they retro things? 
ohwell.gif

Waited a long time for them so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy when I pick them up from my boy who ordered off swoosh for me. They also came overnight unexpectedly!

nice comparison pics, just got a pair last night off swoosh when i got the concords, definitely bring back memories of 95-96, everyone in the nba and ncaa was wearing these

nice comparison pics, just got a pair last night off swoosh when i got the concords, definitely bring back memories of 95-96, everyone in the nba and ncaa was wearing these

Wait? These are out?!?? Damn, Nike!

Who in the hell left the gate open?!?

Wait? These are out?!?? Damn, Nike!

Who in the hell left the gate open?!?

So the general consensus is to wait until they go on sale?  I really want them and hope my size is still available when the price goes down.

Back
Top Bottom