NIKE AIR MISSION RETURN'S "Junior Seau’s"....OUT NOW

What's different about them? Never had the black colorway.

I never had the Black one's either. But I think the upper was leather on the OG's and now it's nubuck. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
What's different about them? Never had the black colorway.

I never had the Black one's either. But I think the upper was leather on the OG's and now it's nubuck. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. The retro wht/blue and the wht/red had it? Why not the blk? That difference completely changes the whole shoe.

Last edited:
I agree. I was hoping for tumbled leather on the black pair. Will still grab those at a nice discount around $60-$70.

I think "horrible" is necessary.... I mean it sucks about the leather but these are still a quality shoe.

I mean maybe ya'll could find OGs tho--have you tried looking? I know ebay is a bust, these rarely pop up. But like other places/sources...

Those black/whites are HORRIBLE. I've been waiting on a retro forever and Nike gives us this fugazi nubuck gm lookin thing. Yes, I'm salty.

I think "horrible" is necessary.... I mean it sucks about the leather but these are still a quality shoe.

I mean maybe ya'll could find OGs tho--have you tried looking? I know ebay is a bust, these rarely pop up. But like other places/sources...

Only thing is that OG's in men sizes had leather upper, but the GS OG's had nubuck upper

^ the prices will drop like the royal pairs and soon the red one's will. I used a WC reward and a coupon to get the royals for $70 + tax. These will be no different for me. The Air Missions, Air Veers and Nikefflight ones have been great for me grabbing them at a nice discount.

Damn man they are just shoes :lol: :lol: I mean I'm old enough to remember when the OGs came around too---and when I say these are my grails these are my GRAILS. But complaining about the materials on a shoe you not gon' do nothing but stand around and look good in, I never really understood. Especially not for a shoe that you will be able to get for way under retail (if you feel like waiting around until they go on sale)

I mean if the nubuck was on the OG black model you'd still call them trash?? Nubuck was on the Royals and Reds and they still came out dope AF to me. Just be glad they even retroing this shoe :lol: clearly there was no extreme demand for it.

Damn man they are just shoes :lol: :lol: I mean I'm old enough to remember when the OGs came around too---and when I say these are my grails these are my GRAILS. But complaining about the materials on a shoe you not gon' do nothing but stand around and look good in, I never really understood. Especially not for a shoe that you will be able to get for way under retail (if you feel like waiting around until they go on sale)

I mean if the nubuck was on the OG black model you'd still call them trash?? Nubuck was on the Royals and Reds and they still came out dope AF to me. Just be glad they even retroing this shoe :lol: clearly there was no extreme demand for it.

I agree with you, I don't care myself about materials. My comment was for anyone that would want to look for OG's that if they wear GS sizes like you do, that the OG GS sizes had nubuck upper while the men had leather. I wore GS size then and these black/white missions were my first Nike's and I loved them

After seeing them in person today I have no complaints. They look good. Should still be a cop for those that wanted them, especially since you'll probably be able to cop under retail.

Any word on the Oregon color way releasing? If they don't release I'm done with the Missions after the red and the black colorways get discounted.

Some of you guys complaining about the materials DO realize that the OG's weren't straight leather, right? Are there differences between the OG and retro? Yep. But you guys claiming the OG's didn't have nubuck are misinformed. One part of the upper was a tumbled, pebbled nubuck, and the other was an oiled smoother nubuck. Either way, not "leather.". Nike wasn't making much of anything black out of smooth leather at that point.

peace,
J

Last edited:
Some of you guys complaining about the materials DO realize that the OG's weren't straight leather, right? Are there differences between the OG and retro? Yep. But you guys claiming the OG's didn't have nubuck are misinformed. One part of the upper was a tumbled, pebbled nubuck, and the other was an oiled smoother nubuck. Either way, not "leather.". Nike wasn't making much of anything black out of smooth leather at that point.

peace,

J

So you're saying the OG's where tumbled/pebbled nubuck? I could've sworn those were tumbled leather.

The 2014 are nice, but I'm not really looking forward to now as much as I did previously. But will grab them on the low.

Last edited:
View media item 831834
JUST SCOOPED THESE UP FOR $100 FLAT AT MY SPOT OUT HERE IN H-TOWN...#CLASSICS! :nthat: . I COULDA WAITED 'TIL THESE WENT ON SALE, BUT THESE WERE THE ONLY COLORWAY I WANTED ON RELEASE DAY, PLUS I GOT 'EM FOR LESS THAN RETAIL.... I'LL SCOOP UP THE OG WHT/BLUE & WHT/REDS WHEN THE PRICES DIP A 'LIL MORE TO MY LIKING. QUALITY IS ON POINT( I CAN LIVE WITH THE SUBTLE CHANGES.), AND THEY FIT TRUE TO SIZE. OVERALL, I'M PLEASED WITH MY PICKUP! HOLLA...

CED B.

Last edited:
Why are the black ones only on finishline?

Edit: Just checked witth an eastbay rep and she said Nike cancelled their order for the Black/Blue ones. I pulled the trigger on finishline. Free shipping and use this for 20 off online 112QQYVEEVU. Came out to 104 shipped for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So nike made the Black pair leather for only Toddler, PS and GS sizes. But mens it's the nubuck upper?

Unf****ng Believable!!

http://www.finishline.com/shoe-release-calendar

WITH THAT *******T *** SOLE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :smh:

can't win for losing...

Why are the black ones only on finishline?

Edit: Just checked witth an eastbay rep and she said Nike cancelled their order for the Black/Blue ones. I pulled the trigger on finishline. Free shipping and use this for 20 off online 112QQYVEEVU. Came out to 104 shipped for me.

oh man when it rains it pours :smh: They were the only retailers that started these at a sz.6

Last edited:
WITH THAT *******T *** SOLE!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

can't win for losing...
oh man when it rains it pours
mean.gif
They were the only retailers that started these at a sz.6
yo Gator you complete now? might as well get the lime green ones for the heck of it. mark my words, few years from now when missions become hard to find the lime green ones will cost the most.

WITH THAT *******T *** SOLE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :smh:

can't win for losing...

oh man when it rains it pours :smh: They were the only retailers that started these at a sz.6
yo Gator you complete now? might as well get the lime green ones for the heck of it. mark my words, few years from now when missions become hard to find the lime green ones will cost the most.

Unless some new cw is super limited.... OG cws ALWAYS hold the most value

MAAAAAN, I thought I was gonna be able to complete the set---this non-Eastbay release is a major set back. I have the Fire Reds and Royals in men's versions. Throwing a GS version into the mix wouldn't even sit well with my spirit. Checked city gear and their lowest is a 7.5.

I'm literally stuck between a rock and a hard place, cannot BELIEVE Eastbay backed out. They were my go-to. What ya'll think I should do?? I mean the GS will be around for quite some time so I can wait to see if maybe Eastybay/Champs/FTL will release these.

Back
Top Bottom