NIKE AIR MISSION RETURN'S "Junior Seau’s"....OUT NOW

MAAAAAN, I thought I was gonna be able to complete the set---this non-Eastbay release is a major set back. I have the Fire Reds and Royals in men's versions. Throwing a GS version into the mix wouldn't even sit well with my spirit. Checked city gear and their lowest is a 7.5.

I'm literally stuck between a rock and a hard place, cannot BELIEVE Eastbay backed out. They were my go-to. What ya'll think I should do?? I mean the GS will be around for quite some time so I can wait to see if maybe Eastybay/Champs/FTL will release these.
i got a shoe store where I live call The Source that had them also another store called Shoe City got them also, buy them off ebay if you can't find them locally. my collection is complete im going to skip over the green ones. i thought i was able to chill the rest of the month until i found out the air raids drop on the 29th smh

i got a shoe store where I live call The Source that had them also another store called Shoe City got them also, buy them off ebay if you can't find them locally. my collection is complete im going to skip over the green ones. i thought i was able to chill the rest of the month until i found out the air raids drop on the 29th smh

my SIZE tho.. I'm a 6y. Retailers don't carry men's versions that low. Only online, and only eastbay/champs/ftl etc. And on ebay they have sz. 6 but only in GS models. Trust me I'm not new to this :lol: I've been looking/searching/hunting

unless you can verify your spots has a 6 in the men's version :nerd:

my SIZE tho.. I'm a 6y. Retailers don't carry men's versions that low. Only online, and only eastbay/champs/ftl etc. And on ebay they have sz. 6 but only in GS models. Trust me I'm not new to this
laugh.gif
I've been looking/searching/hunting

unless you can verify your spots has a 6 in the men's version
nerd.gif
yea i can call for you but what good is that going to do for you? and u might just have to turf soles these blk ones lmaoooooo

Alot off consumers complaining about the material on the mens model compared to the gs, when i brought mines in men i compared it to the gs model they also had and i see the difference but it aint nothing to complain about, just be happy this shoe got retro. But Nike only retro these because of the death of Junior Seau. I dont mean to sound cold but is Reggie White still alive? cause they need to retro the pro streak max again.

I'm not sure if many stores in my area got them I went to both malls in my area and all sneaker stores and I only seen then at athletes foot

Some of you guys complaining about the materials DO realize that the OG's weren't straight leather, right? Are there differences between the OG and retro? Yep. But you guys claiming the OG's didn't have nubuck are misinformed. One part of the upper was a tumbled, pebbled nubuck, and the other was an oiled smoother nubuck. Either way, not "leather.". Nike wasn't making much of anything black out of smooth leather at that point.

peace,

J

So you're saying the OG's where tumbled/pebbled nubuck? I could've sworn those were tumbled leather.

The 2014 are nice, but I'm not really looking forward to now as much as I did previously. But will grab them on the low.
pretty sure hes confused...

maybe nubuck was around the toe but im 99.9% sure the upper was tumbled leather.

Alot off consumers complaining about the material on the mens model compared to the gs, when i brought mines in men i compared it to the gs model they also had and i see the difference but it aint nothing to complain about, just be happy this shoe got retro. But Nike only retro these because of the death of Junior Seau. I dont mean to sound cold but is Reggie White still alive? cause they need to retro the pro streak max again.
i dont think his death had anything to do with the retro.....

t

when i went to pick up mines the gs version looked the same as og if im not mistaken, minus the sole.

Last edited:
what the hell are you talkin bout?

suede ,nubuck and leather should be easy materials to tell apart if your a collector.if you cant tell the changes from the ogs to the retros you must not be a true fan of the shoe.

Last edited:
pretty sure hes confused...

maybe nubuck was around the toe but im 99.9% sure the upper was tumbled leather.

Not confused. I had the OG's and they weren't leather. It was like an oiled/smoother nubuck like the back panel of the OG black/infrared VI and a pebbled version of the same thing. Nike wasn't using black leather on anything at that price point back then. Durabuck and nubuck were the top tier black/dark colored materials during the 90's.

peace,
J

what the hell are you talkin bout?

suede ,nubuck and leather should be easy materials to tell apart if your a collector.if you cant tell the changes from the ogs to the retros you must not be a true fan of the shoe.
i know what i seen, look at the og versions in my pic. the wrinkkle material was on the gs retro version. thats alll im saying

Not confused. I had the OG's and they weren't leather. It was like an oiled/smoother nubuck like the back panel of the OG black/infrared VI and a pebbled version of the same thing. Nike wasn't using black leather on anything at that price point back then. Durabuck and nubuck were the top tier black/dark colored materials during the 90's.

peace,
J
didnt the oreo 4s from 1999 retail for 100$?

the nike dunk from 1998 for 65$?

the sc trainer from 1997 for 65$?

all featured leather,i dont think price point is a good argument on materials.

i also owned the OG blacks up until a few months back. maybe you just misremember how they were.....i mean at the end of the day we are just splitting hairs its all a form of leather anyway.

Last edited:
99 was essentially the start of bringing leather back into the fold. Oreo IV's were pretty much one of the first dark shoes to feature tumbled leather instead of nubuck/durabuck. Dunk isn't really what I'd consider high end, but those were also being re-issued in original form. No OG dunks were suede or nubuck/durabuck. That raiders SC retro is one that got jacked from the start, but again, we're talking about something from 99. OG version wasn't even made of leather. It was a mix of leather/nubuck. I'm not misremembering. Those Missions were not shiny leather. That OG that keeps getting shown in this thread isn't.

peace,
J

i thought the argument was whether or not nike was using leather then.

the raiders were from 97 not 99 and had  black tumbled leather.

dunk from 98 had great leather.

heres a better example the air ups?from 1994 also .so your saying they didnt feature real leather because they were at the 100$ price range.

i mean just dont understand what your saying i have held the black joints in my hand the upper reacts to temperature like leather.

my SIZE tho.. I'm a 6y. Retailers don't carry men's versions that low. Only online, and only eastbay/champs/ftl etc. And on ebay they have sz. 6 but only in GS models. Trust me I'm not new to this :lol: I've been looking/searching/hunting

unless you can verify your spots has a 6 in the men's version :nerd:

I only talked to one rep. They just may have delayed the shipment. I would suggest doing a chat or call with a footlocker rep. If they also concur that the shipment was cancelled then i guess ur SOL. Hopefully thats not the case. Uve prolly done this but also do a chat with nike to see if they might have that elusive sz u need to avoid the GS atrocity. Seriously that is so lazy NIKE :smh:

I only talked to one rep. They just may have delayed the shipment. I would suggest doing a chat or call with a footlocker rep. If they also concur that the shipment was cancelled then i guess ur SOL. Hopefully thats not the case. Uve prolly done this but also do a chat with nike to see if they might have that elusive sz u need to avoid the GS atrocity. Seriously that is so lazy NIKE :smh:
\\

nike like nike.com?? How can they have my size if they never released them on their website?? I thought shoe locator only works if they were released officially thru nike.

\\

nike like nike.com?? How can they have my size if they never released them on their website?? I thought shoe locator only works if they were released officially thru nike.

nah not the shoe locator. i just meant a general chat asking if they were going to release these somewhere further down the line this yr maybe.

aaaaah ok. seen. either way, right now I only got 2/3. I refuse to cop the blacks in GS ... at least not right now. They'll be around forever.

I'm not sure if the OG's in men's size were leather or some type of nubuck, but the GS size had an all nubuck upper only one material, I remember the men's size had two different materials

smittyk if you happen to read this let us know  what the material feels like on your OG blacks.some of us are curious.

im feeling my black and white pair, think i might run thru mines, they real all purpose (except bball) you can just strap em up and go lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom