Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

You'll probably need to go for the cheaper running shoes.. The Peg 35's are near the top of the chain and have some of the better cushioning. Maybe look for something with much thinner sole if you want to stick with running shoes.

I should have specified "performance running shoes," which makes the Pegasus simply mid-level. Even the entry-level Elites have forefoot Zoom, though.

I do everything from squats to boxing in peg 33’s and 34’s with zero problems

I feel OK in the 35 up to 225lbs, but I'm not going to throw on a third plate while I wear them. I just use the Metcon for powerlifting, anyway.

More I guess I'd like something on days when I'm benching (power delivery begins in your feet) or doing support work. Like the glute kickback machine doesn't feel stable in the Pegasus or Odyssey React, to me.

I should have specified "performance running shoes," which makes the Pegasus simply mid-level. Even the entry-level Elites have forefoot Zoom, though.

Yep.. And it only gets thicker/softer when you go up to peg turbo or 4%. You must be using treadmill or also running outside.. That is only reason I can think you would want a performance running shoe in the gym. They not very stable for much else at all.

2B02F825-FEAC-4509-B9B0-9A3F18011FF1.jpeg

BE1C301B-6976-419E-B930-38F287BCBA33.jpeg

A92D8B4F-891A-41DD-8A6A-1F0E54644757.jpeg

8AB85A39-982B-47A5-8879-EC8BA7426BE5.jpeg

93BF499B-F4DE-46AE-88E0-07208F03A7C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Another year of swooshes being covered up by the midsole, or continuing onto the midsole :smh:

It would seem all of the headliners...Peg Turbo, Zoom Fly and Vapor Fly are taking this new form and slime green colorway for possible debut...is it engineered mesh?

I want a flyknit Pegasus Turbo...but would that be equivalent to a Zoom Fly?

Yep.. And it only gets thicker/softer when you go up to peg turbo or 4%. You must be using treadmill or also running outside.. That is only reason I can think you would want a performance running shoe in the gym. They not very stable for much else at all.

For Nike, and even then only recently. I've had more success finding what I've been looking for in the Asics shoe I mentioned above. I think I'd go for something that'd be a replacement for the LunarTempo, though.

For Nike, and even then only recently. I've had more success finding what I've been looking for in the Asics shoe I mentioned above. I think I'd go for something that'd be a replacement for the LunarTempo, though.

Man the LunarTempo was one of my favorite runners! I think I ran them into the ground but man was the cushioning superb on them at the time.

Sidebar...did they change the name to Lunar Trainer after its release?

Man the LunarTempo was one of my favorite runners! I think I ran them into the ground but man was the cushioning superb on them at the time.

Sidebar...did they change the name to Lunar Trainer after its release?

It’s the other way around. The initial name was the Lunar Trainer as an evolution of the first lunar model from 2008. The name was changed to LunarTempo just before the release but the initial CWs still read Lunar Trainer on the tongue.

It would seem all of the headliners...Peg Turbo, Zoom Fly and Vapor Fly are taking this new form and slime green colorway for possible debut...is it engineered mesh?

I want a flyknit Pegasus Turbo...but would that be equivalent to a Zoom Fly?

I don’t think so

Peg Turbo I thought was react + zoom x which ZFFK was full React

I don’t think so

Interesting...

I thought the Peg Turbo and ZFFK had similar genetics, one just having more of React or Zoom X than the other. If that’s the case, I wonder how the ZFFK is different from Epic React? Just more React in the sole?

It’s the other way around. The initial name was the Lunar Trainer as an evolution of the first lunar model from 2008. The name was changed to LunarTempo just before the release but the initial CWs still read Lunar Trainer on the tongue.
Yep. Facts

I may be off a bit but I do recall that being an important thing for a few of the runners in here. Initially, most thought it was full zoom x but later it was found that it was a combination of that with React

As far as the React on the epics and the ZFFK, From a material standpoint I want to say they’re both the same but the were molded differently for the sole of each of shoe

I can’t remember who it was that said in which thread but if you compress (or squeeze on the sides by hand) the React on the epics and then on the ZFFK, they felt the same.

I don’t think so

He was talking about the upper not the midsole. They’re getting away from Flyknit. The new upper seems a bit different than engineered mesh.

I understood what he was saying.

He mentioned if having flyknit on a peg turbo would be equivalent to a zoom fly. That’s why I went into the midsole.

You can have the same upper material but the midsoles on the two styles are different

Interesting...

I thought the Peg Turbo and ZFFK had similar genetics, one just having more of React or Zoom X than the other. If that’s the case, I wonder how the ZFFK is different from Epic React? Just more React in the sole?
No.

Epic React: Full React
Peg Turbo: ZoomX on top of React
Zoom Fly Flyknit: React with the same carbon fiber plate as the Vaporfly
Vaporfly: ZoomX w/ carbon fiber plate

No.

Epic React: Full React
Peg Turbo: ZoomX on top of React
Zoom Fly Flyknit: React with the same carbon fiber plate as the Vaporfly
Vaporfly: ZoomX w/ carbon fiber plate

So it only makes sense that some new future iteration next gen runner should consist of:

ZoomX on top of React + carbon fiber plate

Am I the only one disappointed with the cws for all these marquee runners, ESP the ZF2 and VF2?

I know the shoes are about performance. I don’t know about you guys, but if I’m running in a nice cw, I feel I perform better.

Last edited:
how does the sizing for the original 4% compare to the flyknit version? Like i hear the flyknit version fits bigger, but does that mean the original fit tight, and now its true to size, or did they overcompensate and now it runs larger? Im buying on eBay, and i need to know because i can't return. Thanks

how does the sizing for the original 4% compare to the flyknit version? Like i hear the flyknit version fits bigger, but does that mean the original fit tight, and now its true to size, or did they overcompensate and now it runs larger? Im buying on eBay, and i need to know because i can't return. Thanks
.5 up at the very least

So it only makes sense that some new future iteration next gen runner should consist of:

ZoomX on top of React + carbon fiber plate
Ehhh I’d think not. Peg turbo is the best shoe of them all becuase you get the tech without the switch in the ride. VF and ZF are good situational shoes. I personally wouldn’t even reccomend them for daily use at all. The plate helps create their unique ride

Back
Top Bottom