Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Has anyone tried on the Turbo Shields? Are they smaller fitting as well, seem like that has been the case with other shield models I've had.

Easily same size for Shield Turbos as Turbo 2. The Shield Turbo upper is basically a knitted sock with a water proof sleeve over it.

Has anyone tried on the Turbo Shields? Are they smaller fitting as well, seem like that has been the case with other shield models I've had.

My take on the turbo shields.... I got both the Peg Turbo Shields ID and also the Peg Turbo 2 Shields Low ID (which is essentially a Peg 36 shield upper with a Peg Turbo midsole).

I found the Turbo Shields mid/high to be similar to the original turbo 2's in terms of cushion and midsole, but the upper felt lose, less stable and less supportive than the original turbo 2's. Its made of a waterproof layer on the outside and a soft mesh layer on the inside which is comfortable yes, but I just didn't find them as supportive as I'd like.

The Turbo 2 Shield Lows on the other hand felt quite the opposite, the more snug/tight upper of the Peg 36 shields hug your foot much more and its a thicker material so also feels more supportive. I decided to keep the lows for my winter running and returned the mids as it was just a little too unstable (and also heavier!).

IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG

Easily same size for Shield Turbos as Turbo 2. The Shield Turbo upper is basically a knitted sock with a water proof sleeve over it.

Guess I'll just see how they fit when they get here. SNS has the Turbo Shields for $109 and the Black/Blue Turbo 2 for $93 when combined.

My take on the turbo shields.... I got both the Peg Turbo Shields ID and also the Peg Turbo 2 Shields Low ID (which is essentially a Peg 36 shield upper with a Peg Turbo midsole).

I found the Turbo Shields mid/high to be similar to the original turbo 2's in terms of cushion and midsole, but the upper felt lose, less stable and less supportive than the original turbo 2's. Its made of a waterproof layer on the outside and a soft mesh layer on the inside which is comfortable yes, but I just didn't find them as supportive as I'd like.

The Turbo 2 Shield Lows on the other hand felt quite the opposite, the more snug/tight upper of the Peg 36 shields hug your foot much more and its a thicker material so also feels more supportive. I decided to keep the lows for my winter running and returned the mids as it was just a little too unstable (and also heavier!).

IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG

I still haven't gotten my Turbo 2 Shield Lows and I ordered on Nov 1. They shipped out on Nov 23 but UPS playing games

Anyone use their Peg 36 Trails in the snow? Wondering how they would fair for running in Minneapolis this winter on the sidewalks and trails.

Anyone use their Peg 36 Trails in the snow? Wondering how they would fair for running in Minneapolis this winter on the sidewalks and trails.
Been trying them out in light snow/icy conditions. Since they're not the wet rubber traction I don't really feel as secure in them. Gonna have to do a bit more runs in them to really see. I ran on a icy mountain trail in the gtx peg 36 trail and I fell once because I was careless going down but I definitely didn't feel secure the entire time. I had to slow down a lot.

Nice! That’s a better deal than I got mine for.

$73.50 pre-tax for mine.
48E760C7-5A5B-40D0-A77C-3182FF37A700.jpeg

I’m looking forward to testing these out and comparing them with the others in the Zoom family and ext family. I will say that my expectations are low since there isn’t forefoot Zoom or any Zoom Air for that matter. The ZoomX w/o the CF will be interesting though.

Working and running in the rain so I need a water proof or at least water resistant shoe so do you guys think I will be ok with the Pegasus 36 shield or should I just bite the bullet and get the turbo shield?

Final-Score has a site wide 30% off and the black Turbo 1s can be had for $98 + tax. How was stock for Turbo 1s at outlets? Hesitant to pull the trigger on this.

Really like those DB. Man, you guys were right with the Pegasus Turbo Shield sizing. I ordered 1/2 size up before I got your replies and they are too big. And the shipping costs to send back to SNS :emoji_astonished:. Guess I'll just double sock it.

Really like those DB. Man, you guys were right with the Pegasus Turbo Shield sizing. I ordered 1/2 size up before I got your replies and they are too big. And the shipping costs to send back to SNS :emoji_astonished:. Guess I'll just double sock it.

If you used PayPal, I’ve heard they will pay for$30 or so for international shipping returns. Not sure how legit that is or not.

One of the reasons I don't like buying shoes overseas, even from boutiques that don't offer free shipping return.
Anyhow, the regular Pegasus (non-turbo) Shield fit too snug in my regular size.

Anyway you can exchange it at a local store? Or none around?

Back
Top Bottom