Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

My last pair of pegasus's were the 33s. Absolutely loved them. I got a pair of 36s on sale but them seem a bit big. Size 11 in the 33s was perfect 11 on the 36s seems slightly looser. Is there a size disparity between the 2 models or is it just my imagination.
Fit was about the same on me from what I remember. I have the 33's on today. But my absolute favorites were the 32's. I had the teal/orange colorway, which wasn't the greatest, but the fit was superb.

a mile into my run with the pegasus 37 caused a lot of shin/achilles discomfort. I came home and switch shoes, this might be a no-go for me.

my rotation prior to trying Pegasus 37
-asics novablast
-infinity run
-Brooks gts 19

for some reason while I was running in the pegasus 37 my foot strike was closer to my toes than when I run in other shoes. Maybe I should have got a size 10 than the normal 9.5 I run in.

my rotation prior to trying Pegasus 37
-asics novablast
-infinity run
-Brooks gts 19

for some reason while I was running in the pegasus 37 my foot strike was closer to my toes than when I run in other shoes. Maybe I should have got a size 10 than the normal 9.5 I run in.
Keep in mind that unless the 37 runs short for you in your normal size, going longer than normal can make the forefoot area feel uncomfortable as the zoom bag may feel like it's forward of the ball of your foot. The 37 felt overly stiff in the heelcup/achilles area during my first run but it's less and less an issue. Not sure if it's the shoe breaking in or my foot getting accustomed to it.

going to give it another go, I believe my discomfort was from heel slippage. While I was running my heel felt loose. I laced them pretty tight but it loosened up significantly during the first qrt mile.

Last edited:
My go to daily trainer, cushioning is fantastic and easier to pick up the pace than the weight would suggest. I believe the 18 was scheduled to be released next month.
I've enjoyed the Triumph 17 as well. Great cushioning and the upper comfort is top notch. Have really only used them for longer and/or slower efforts. The main downside is that they run pretty warm. I probably won't be using them much once summer is in full swing.

going to give it another go, I believe my discomfort was from heel slippage. While I was running my heel felt loose. I laced them pretty tight but it loosed up significantly during the first qrt mile.
I ran in the Peg 37 yesterday after taking a break from them. Like before, they felt stiff in the heel counter and under foot, so much so that my heel was aching. But after a couple of miles they seemed to soften up a bit. So for me at least, I'm thinking it's a break-in issue.

IMG_2218-2.jpg

Not sure if this color was posted already.

I returned two pairs under warranty for this same issue. They were great.

Damn, I have a DS pair I was going to use for running when these bottomed out, but I might just use them for casual wear if they're that poorly made en masse. When I get credit for these from Nike I might just try the new 37s instead.

going to give it another go, I believe my discomfort was from heel slippage. While I was running my heel felt loose. I laced them pretty tight but it loosed up significantly during the first qrt mile.
It's worth trying the lace-lock method to ensure a little more security from heel-slip. Downside is that the laces on the 37's are really short, so post lace lock, you'll have a challenge tying them!

I had heel slippage issues on the 35 and 36. Returned them both. Still hoping to find a replacement for my 33s.

These Peg Trail colorways look nice, but the color blocking on the Gore-tex ones a couple pages back are more dynamic. Would love to see some pairs in the classic ACG colorways. Now I'm crossing my fingers that the Peg Trails release.

Back
Top Bottom