Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Donors received FA883641-BF9B-4A3C-A5C9-32E5F08DA76C.jpeg

For these:
86EDEA06-939A-4030-9EB1-3601C8D87B41.jpeg

I’ve been running in the Pegasus 38 Shield after putting a fair amount of use into the 37 Shield previously. I like the wider forefoot of the newer model, but I think I prefer about everything else on the 37 Shield.

I’ve been running in the Pegasus 38 Shield after putting a fair amount of use into the 37 Shield previously. I like the wider forefoot of the newer model, but I think I prefer about everything else on the 37 Shield.
Surprising. I use the shield 37s at work and I'm surprised that the 38s wasn't improved. What makes it worse?

Surprising. I use the shield 37s at work and I'm surprised that the 38s wasn't improved. What makes it worse?
I don't know if 'worse' is the word I'd use as it feels a bit strong — I do like the 38 Shields, but I just prefer the 37 overall if I had to pick. Just weighing in because there was another review or two on them coming in about the performance and aesthetics.

I don't know what the exact weight comparison between the two is, but the "feel" of the 38 Shield is that it's just a bit more bulky than the 37 Shield. It's a bit warmer too, for better or worse.

I notice a bigger difference going between the 38 Shield and the regular Pegasus 37/38 than I do/did with the 37 Shield, if that makes sense. The 38 Shield just feels a little less nimble than the 37 Shield did. Put another way, the 37 Shield would feel more natural to me running in clear weather than the 38 Shield.

Both good shoes though, traction is great, and I've enjoyed running in both of them in rain and the occasional bit of snow/ice/slush.

Have many pairs of Peg Trails. Loved them in the fall. Picked up the Gore-Tex to walk the dog - and I am shocked at how terrible the traction is on wet and ice. I mean the most minimal amounts and it’s like I’m on skates. Mind you I live just outside of Toronto and it’s -20 C as I type. Sending these back and trying my luck with Peg Shield 38s.
Precisely why I never bought another pair.

Felt the same way. when I got the peg trail 1 gtx a few years ago. The Peg Trail Gore-Tex's major problem is that for some dumb reason even though the upper has gore-tex, the traction has not been changed to be wet rubber traction, or at least traction that does slightly better on wet conditions.
The Hoka SpeedGoat GTX is a killer Goretex trail runner. The Vibram megagrip does an awesome job.

I don't know if 'worse' is the word I'd use as it feels a bit strong — I do like the 38 Shields, but I just prefer the 37 overall if I had to pick. Just weighing in because there was another review or two on them coming in about the performance and aesthetics.

I don't know what the exact weight comparison between the two is, but the "feel" of the 38 Shield is that it's just a bit more bulky than the 37 Shield. It's a bit warmer too, for better or worse.

I notice a bigger difference going between the 38 Shield and the regular Pegasus 37/38 than I do/did with the 37 Shield, if that makes sense. The 38 Shield just feels a little less nimble than the 37 Shield did. Put another way, the 37 Shield would feel more natural to me running in clear weather than the 38 Shield.

Both good shoes though, traction is great, and I've enjoyed running in both of them in rain and the occasional bit of snow/ice/slush.
I see. I have a feeling that the new "plastic side panel" on the upper might have something you do with it. In any case, I'm still enjoying the Shield 37s and I'll go to another brand for a waterproof running shoe, strongly favoring the New Balance 880v11(or v12) GTX.

This has been the major downfall of Nike's trail running shoes ever since Nike entered this category with the first Terra Kiger and Wildhorse. Everything is great with their trail shoes, except for the wet traction capability. Reviewers all say that Nike needs to swallow their pride and partner with Vibram to create a capable wet traction outsole. I have no idea why they don't, they have to know through feedback that people are disappointed with that aspect of their trail shoes and is the only thing holding them back from being a true five star shoe.
my peg shields have sticky traction on wet surfaces. for some weird reason, nike doesnt want to give the goretex a better outsole for wet conditions. i dont understand it.

Terra kiger 8 just dropped on the nike app, womens cw only at the mo
Also new Aeroswift half tights dropping soon

Via nike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom