Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Best I can do. High arch option is intriguing.

IMG_8218.jpeg

What does my sense of urgency need to be on these volts?

Low like someone else said

In terms of running shoe hype to the "casuals," those mainstream folk are still running to sell out new releases of New Balance, OnCloud and HOKA runners instead. You'll probably still see your size of Peg 41s in the Volt colorway a month from now

True true. But man the running community have been growing! Got damn LA got like a hundred running clubs and growing. Got me rethinking to get a garmin :lol:

Damn. I'm not that interested now, TBH. With that said, I think the NovaBlast 3 & 4 have solidified their roles as my daily trainers. It almost makes me want to bring out some my DS Peg33s or Zoom Elite 8s. The FF Zoom in those were just perfect for me.

After watching that BTR review, the Vomero 14 comes to mind with the similarities to the 41; awesome looking shoe and tech/specs (FL Zoom and React cushioning) on paper seemed great. However, even with the tech, the ride dragged. The lack of FF cushioning was BAD. It's one of the first trainers that made my feet hurt.

nike-air-zoom-vomero-14-mens-0069-1544132233.jpg

Even the Peg35 felt better than these. SMH, and I disliked the 35 a lot compared to the 33 and 34.
Vomero 14s hurt my foot too

I was going to make the walk to Nike SF to pick up the Volts, but it was too warm in the City to make that walk lolol.

Still considering the Volts or if I should wait to try out the Pegasus Turbo 3s whenever those release.

I picked up the volts first thing this morning. Looks like middle sizes are sold out and remaining inventory is getting low on the Nike app. Maybe they’ll restock.

Last edited:
What does my sense of urgency need to be on these volts?

Low like someone else said

In terms of running shoe hype to the "casuals," those mainstream folk are still running to sell out new releases of New Balance, OnCloud and HOKA runners instead. You'll probably still see your size of Peg 41s in the Volt colorway a month from now

Update: Maybe the sense of urgency on these should upgrade to MODERATE on the Volt colorway buddhashark buddhashark lol.

According to the employees at my local DSG today, almost everyone that has tried on AND bought a Peg 41 since it was released yesterday have basically bought the Volt colorway, the other colorways they had in-stock were still at full inventory while the middle sizes have sold out AND the big foot sizes are on their last 1-2 pairs.

And judging by the recent posts in the thread, it appears NDC is also reflecting it as well. Nearly all the folk that really wanted a RELEASE DAY PEG 41 are all getting Volts

Do ndc is cooked already. Do launch colorways typically restock?
Sometimes they do. DSG has a FSR rn.

Weird. I was able to able to place an order for the volts through the app. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
If they’re still around next month I’ll likely grab. If not I’ll wait for another colorway I like.

If they’re still around next month I’ll likely grab. If not I’ll wait for another colorway I like.

Probably also double-check when the foot stores start getting in Peg 41s...........right now FNL, FTL, JD and Champs are still trying to unload their stock of Peg 40s and have yet to launch the 41s on their online stores yet. Those stores seem to get the new Peg release later on, so hold out some hope they get a FSR of Volt Peg 41s when the release in those stores happen.

Got the Peg 41's in out of curiosity. Wasn't gonna grab one since I have a brand new Peg 40 I got on sale a few weeks ago but my initial thoughts:

FOREFOOT: I guess BITR (and other reviewers) are right, the forefoot does feel a little bit shallow. It definitely does feel more shallow than the 39/40s but because ReactX is a bit softer I think they made it feel way less substantial in order to keep it responsive/on the firmer side of things.

HEEL: Heel cushioning is definitely softer. The early reviewers are right. If you're a heel striker/person who's using it for casual purposes it'll be nice for you. Waaay softer than the 39/40. That (39/40) midsole was firm, this one's mostly firm in the forefoot.

AIR UNITS: Initially, I can't feel the air units really. I personally love the feeling that older pegs (35/36 for example) felt because of the air units. I think it's harder to feel the air units because react/reactx is softer than EVA/cushlon. IMO no zoom air unit in a react based running shoe that doesn't have visible air like the tempo next% has ever felt that great for me. Nike needs to figure out how to get zoom air to really pop in their react running shoes - I miss the feeling of zoom air in the pegs.

TL;DR is they're nice. I might keep it. Definite improvement over the 39/40s

I also really hope Nike puts a zoom air strobel in the 43s. I think that might be the ideal setup for the pegs with a reactx midsole.

Back
Top Bottom