Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Take my money already! Any news on release date?

Pretty sure Tyler green ran in a Proto type pair a month ago at the chukanut 50k, he put his kit lay on his story but tried covering the shoes up

Last edited:
Women's Nike ZoomX Zegama
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Men's Nike ZoomX Zegama
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

MADE FOR THE GRIMY AND GRITTY
Navigate the up and downs of uncompromising terrain with the Nike ZoomX Zegama Trail. Developed with greater grip and stability, it helps reduce fatigue and shields you from jarring, abrupt impact, so that you can keep climbing and reach greater personal heights when the going gets grimy and gritty. Whether it's challenging, rocky landscape going uphill or a steep, slick decline down a treacherous trail, feel confident when you decide to off-road it.

Greater Support For Longer
Lightweight Nike Zoom X midsole combines with increased stack heights to provide more protection during extended stretches of running.
Confident In All Terrains
A deeper, diverse lug pattern highlighted with greater spacing gives greater traction for more technical terrains.
Feel Secure On Any Surface
An engineered mesh upper and internal heel construction provide stability for all different trail variations as well as better breathability and drainage.

Ankle gaitor around the ankle limits trail debris.
Protective skins stretch across the toe for extra durability.

think you've been waiting for these illustrayt illustrayt like myself along with the new peg trail 4 gtx too

Now, these I’m excited about! I like how they have the anterior outsole “fang” like the Peg Trail 2 and 3. They’re like a trail INVC, no?

Last edited:
Now, these I’m excited about! I like how they have the anterior outsole “fang” like the Peg Trail 2 and 3. They’re like an trail INVC, no?

i think from what was posted here months ago, there’s a carrier foam with makes sense since it’s a trail shoe and zoomx isn’t very durable

A followup on my original post about the Peg39. I have about 260kms on two pairs since I bought them a few weeks back.

Some observations;
  • The Peg39 definitely "feels" less aggressive than the 37/38 and I think I finally know why. The outsole forefoot width is nearly the same as the 37/38, but the mid foot is considerably wider and the heel is slightly wider. This gives the Peg39 a much less aggressive feel. The 37/38 sometimes felt up there with a Next% as how narrow it got and faced you up on your toes always, not the best thing for a daily trainer). The extra width on the midsole/outsole of the 39 definitely gives it much more of a forgiving feel without the added bulk that is found on the Infinity/Invincible.

• The second pair I bought had zero problems with the right forefoot air bag. Both he Left/Right shoes felt the same, out-of-the-box, and actually they felt like my first pair did with 30k on them (I guess there is a break in period). After about 60km on the first pair any oddity I felt in the right forefoot was gone and both pairs now feel identical (Pair one has 140kms and pair two has 112kms as of this morning). So maybe it's down to Nike quality control? Getting lucky getting a good pair? Just dealing with the shoe until they smooth out if you get a wonky pair? I have noticed the tongue on my first pair, on the right shoe, is significantly shorter than the other three shoes, my .5cm or more.

• I am a mid foot striker and supinate and tend to wear the outer edges of my shoes quickly, mostly in the forefoot. The little patches of rubber on the Pegs, since the 32 are always a concern for me. In the 37/38 they were a strip that had a grove running parallel with the shoe that did wear for me but not quickly. I was worried about the 39s since they changed those patches to the the little groves pattern that was on the heel and toe for the 37/38, which wore VERY fast for me. So far, given the KMs I have on my 39s, I don't see the same type of wear at all. In fact it's even less than the 37/38.

• The upper is significantly better than the 37/38. Much lighter. Muchmore breahtable. Feels like the Next%2 as far as foot feel and toe-splay ability. Lockdown is also very good, no odd bunching or over-tightening needed due to the flywire.
Overall, while not perfect, the Peg39 has solved the issues I had with the 37/38 (which I did love, but had endless problems with). While this is NOT a Peg36 in versatility and neutralness... it feels much closer to the 36 than the 37/38 did. It makes sense as a daily trainer again and one that I'll be spending alot of time in in the coming months.

A followup on my original post about the Peg39. I have about 260kms on two pairs since I bought them a few weeks back.

Some observations;
  • The Peg39 definitely "feels" less aggressive than the 37/38 and I think I finally know why. The outsole forefoot width is nearly the same as the 37/38, but the mid foot is considerably wider and the heel is slightly wider. This gives the Peg39 a much less aggressive feel. The 37/38 sometimes felt up there with a Next% as how narrow it got and faced you up on your toes always, not the best thing for a daily trainer). The extra width on the midsole/outsole of the 39 definitely gives it much more of a forgiving feel without the added bulk that is found on the Infinity/Invincible.

• The second pair I bought had zero problems with the right forefoot air bag. Both he Left/Right shoes felt the same, out-of-the-box, and actually they felt like my first pair did with 30k on them (I guess there is a break in period). After about 60km on the first pair any oddity I felt in the right forefoot was gone and both pairs now feel identical (Pair one has 140kms and pair two has 112kms as of this morning). So maybe it's down to Nike quality control? Getting lucky getting a good pair? Just dealing with the shoe until they smooth out if you get a wonky pair? I have noticed the tongue on my first pair, on the right shoe, is significantly shorter than the other three shoes, my .5cm or more.

• I am a mid foot striker and supinate and tend to wear the outer edges of my shoes quickly, mostly in the forefoot. The little patches of rubber on the Pegs, since the 32 are always a concern for me. In the 37/38 they were a strip that had a grove running parallel with the shoe that did wear for me but not quickly. I was worried about the 39s since they changed those patches to the the little groves pattern that was on the heel and toe for the 37/38, which wore VERY fast for me. So far, given the KMs I have on my 39s, I don't see the same type of wear at all. In fact it's even less than the 37/38.

• The upper is significantly better than the 37/38. Much lighter. Muchmore breahtable. Feels like the Next%2 as far as foot feel and toe-splay ability. Lockdown is also very good, no odd bunching or over-tightening needed due to the flywire.
Overall, while not perfect, the Peg39 has solved the issues I had with the 37/38 (which I did love, but had endless problems with). While this is NOT a Peg36 in versatility and neutralness... it feels much closer to the 36 than the 37/38 did. It makes sense as a daily trainer again and one that I'll be spending alot of time in in the coming months.
Thanks for the detailed review and thoughts, think I’ll pick this one up as I skipped the 38, just waiting for better cws

Some observations;

I'm starting to become convinced that these are gonna be my preferred shoe to have. Although it won't be for running sadly, I've been hunting for a walking (and travel) shoe similar to the React Presto and the Pegasus 38s is the closest to that with the exception of a narrower forefoot area (although still good in width). Wait - can you clarify? Is it the midfoot that's wider than the 38s or is it the forefoot/toebox, or both? Is the React also also softer than the 38s like you said? You mentioned that helps you feel the Zoom Air units more, right?

Zegama look great, but if the traction is crap in wet conditions, like so many other of Nike Trail's offerings, what is the point?? People want to actually take these out in harsh conditions; not to snap pretty pics for IG.

I'm starting to become convinced that these are gonna be my preferred shoe to have. Although it won't be for running sadly, I've been hunting for a walking (and travel) shoe similar to the React Presto and the Pegasus 38s is the closest to that with the exception of a narrower forefoot area (although still good in width). Wait - can you clarify? Is it the midfoot that's wider than the 38s or is it the forefoot/toebox, or both? Is the React also also softer than the 38s like you said? You mentioned that helps you feel the Zoom Air units more, right?
I just compared the Peg 39 to the Peg 38 side by side. The forefoot outsole width is exactly the same. The midsole outsole width on the peg 39 is a few millimeters wider and has less of a extreme transition from the forefoot, but is not significantly wider overall. The heel outsole is the same width and it's widest, BUT the transition from the midsole to the heel is less extreme giving a little more of the max width to the heel. They are much closer than visually they look, which surprised me. But it seems to be enough of a difference to make the shoe run more forgiving. Additionally, there is more rubber in contact with the ground from the mid foot to heel, that seems to make a difference too... even for forefoot/midfoot striking.

The react is definitely softer on the Peg 39, both to touch and on foot.

I remember the Prestos... the Pegs (any peg) are definitely heavier and stiffer. I wear retired Pegs casually, but actually prefer the infinity for travel/walking/casual. I hate running in it but for a daily shoe it is wonderful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight A AnotherDimefotheCursedJar ! Yeah I've found the Infinity Reacts to be very firm for my liking perhaps, but I might need to give them another try. The upper, although Flyknit, seems to be less forgiving than the mesh of the Pegasus 38s. I guess the question about the React Infinity is does everything soften up and stretch out over wear? Sorry for the sidetracking!

Thanks for the insight A AnotherDimefotheCursedJar ! Yeah I've found the Infinity Reacts to be very firm for my liking perhaps, but I might need to give them another try. The upper, although Flyknit, seems to be less forgiving than the mesh of the Pegasus 38s. I guess the question about the React Infinity is does everything soften up and stretch out over wear? Sorry for the sidetracking!

i only have the infinity 1 to base off of, but that shoe i hated running in at first but came to enjoy it after putting in about 50 miles and breaking it in. just really hated that heel clip making the shoe uncomfortable, but once i got the shoe broken in, the react softened up and the upper fit me much better from being stretched/molded to my foot.

i honestly was a bit disappointed with the infinity line because i loved the epic 1/2 so much and had zero issues with them.

I really liked the upper on the 36 so it’s encouraging to hear the 39 is in a similar ballpark. They do look similar!

i only have the infinity 1 to base off of, but that shoe i hated running in at first but came to enjoy it after putting in about 50 miles and breaking it in. just really hated that heel clip making the shoe uncomfortable, but once i got the shoe broken in, the react softened up and the upper fit me much better from being stretched/molded to my foot.

i honestly was a bit disappointed with the infinity line because i loved the epic 1/2 so much and had zero issues with them.

Ah interesting. I guess the Infinity 2s should be worth giving a try. Thanks!

From my pairs, I've noticed that INF outsole is DURABLE AF. I still wear my 1s. I've used them A LOT for my strength training and recovery miles, and I really can't locate any area of significant wear on the outsole.

From my pairs, I've noticed that INF outsole is DURABLE AF. I still wear my 1s. I've used them A LOT for my strength training and recovery miles, and I really can't locate any area of significant wear on the outsole.
The soles softened up a lot and the upper stretched some for you, too?

Infinity definitely break in and the more you walk in them the better they get. The pair I'm wearing casually right now are a pair of Infinity 2s, that I want about 100k in (before I gave up on them as runners) and probably have another 400-600k on them as casual shoes and walking. They just get better and better.

Back
Top Bottom