Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

I asked because Tinker is the only athletic sneaker designer I ever hear about but all his stuff is from when I was a kid mostly.

Tellin me nobody else get no shine?

And if that’s the case, what has he done lately?

If these raid dragons, or whatever they are called, are what he’s been cookin up, those ain’t it.

I doubt he had any hands in cooking that up lol. Bro the dude is like 70 years old. He’s not hard core designing models like he did in the ‘80 and ‘90s which was his designing “hey day”. He’s probably semi retired. Other than that self lacing “E.A.R.L.” Project from 2015-2016 (where he tried to make good on a project he started in the ‘80’s) I think he’s more of a Nike design consultant if anything/at best. The reason people still bring him up is because of his timeline designs during his run at Nike that in effect are still super relevant to this day. Everyone in here probably has or had at least one grail that was designed by Tinker. It’s like being mad that artist still mention or bring up Van Gogh or Michelangelo when talking about art. It’s not his fault, it’s just inevitable. There’s no way around it. Who’s not getting shine because of Tinker? And what are they designing?

Yeah it's probably time for a thread on these Dragons

https://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Nike-Zoom-Court-Dragon-DV8166-041-Release-Date.jpeg

I really hope this Duke colorway will retro sooner than later.

The Nike Air OB Raid from 2003-2004 had some nice colorways too. I'd be in for another pair of white/gray/dk red amongst others.
8D1C277C-2EA8-4B6A-9CDA-57AA06D7C884.jpeg

5376444E-F559-48FE-8D2D-FAE0F18F33DC.jpeg

ECEFE54B-2641-4A3D-8245-20192D2EFF59.jpeg

Lets hope for some more colorways available in 2023!

Will the IIs come back for its 30th anni next year? Probably the last chance for nike to make them relevant. The generations that appreciated this stuff is slowly fading away from the scene
:emoji_pray:

That was one of my favorite shoes to wear and ball in. I really hope they come back.

Yo, I got a size 10 black-grey I can do for retail+ shipping if anyone needs.

Only asking for that because that's what I paid.

Back
Top Bottom