Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

Is there any explanation as to why shoes that sat every time they retroed are now selling out? I wanted the Barkleys and these on a significant discount, but that's not happening. Is it because of Covid and people are turning to retail therapy?

Is there any explanation as to why shoes that sat every time they retroed are now selling out? I wanted the Barkleys and these on a significant discount, but that's not happening. Is it because of Covid and people are turning to retail therapy?

It’s a combination of Nike doing fake sell outs to create hype and hypebeast gobbling up every release in hopes of making like 20 bucks........

9C419356-FB26-4E50-9C36-99B5D749BE60.jpeg

B1ED2F41-13BA-4FD2-817E-E2BAEF9B88F1.jpeg

FE6EDBA4-9D8D-4FFC-B09E-30F124956DFF.jpeg

18D56DE9-EFF1-4DF7-822C-33F53C1400B9.jpeg

You said it yourself that you want to purchase but you’d rather wait for a disco. ..That line of thinking isn’t good for Nike lol

Are they really selling out in US? I know Foot Action’s did, but wasn’t it because of the discount? In Japan, NDC still has em on FSR (of course, at Nike JP’s retail), so I’m still optimistic that they’ll be on sale eventually just like the previous times at least here tho.

“. As with most things, the development of the shoe began on a decidedly non-dramatic note: a yellow Post-It from Phil Knight left on Tinker Hatfield’s desk, ordering up an outdoor basketball shoe. The following day the Nike design legend was on a plane headed for New York, with fellow designer Mark Smith in tow, to scope the city’s concrete battlegrounds. Their mission was to capture the look and feel of the outdoor game, which Tinker accomplished by building a shoe with minimal bulk and a sole that stayed flat to the ground, along with a heavy-duty lateral bumper for added durability. The shoe’s defining feature was the “X” cross strap, designed to deliver a lockdown fit (as Tinker explains, “I was looking at how athletes tape their ankle”), but by sheer coincidence appeared to tie in with the marketing around Spike Lee’s 1992 Malcolm Xbiopic. Suddenly, the shoe was receiving the dramatic flair it deserved.”
31430B4D-3C3C-41A6-9B1F-F1CF10F1810A.jpeg
B2294104-4291-43B4-BD57-0BDD57BF4993.jpeg
46E95159-3213-4E92-B35B-95863B496633.jpeg
C8EBCEBF-2703-43EC-8DC6-4D27EC9BDFE5.jpeg
74D2517F-AF3F-4ADB-B760-7C7E7A1964B2.jpeg

Copped FA restock this morning with the sale but man they sold out fast. Nothing sits anymore.

Missed out on black CB's, but got these from Jimmyjazz

I had(have) OG's, have another pair, of these from a previous release but had to go up a half size. Glad to get my true size.

Black doesn't bother me as much as the leather tongue on the CB's [shrug]

Copped this morning. I had to sake nostalgia. Personally, I had the white/black/red CW in grade school. Not my pic below.

1601735583123.png

Perhaps, that former pair was one of the lesser-desirable CWs at the time...I think my parents bought them for me from a Mervyn's which was infamous for doing that with the dope models. Regardless, I loved them namely because they were one of the first Nike basketball shoes I ever owned. (I may have been coming off LA Gears or BKs.)

Despite the notable differences to the OG discussed to exhaustion, this retro is close enough for me to the CW I truly wanted back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom