Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

To get a classic like these at retail is a steal these days
I’m not a shoe historian or whatever but I honestly don’t remember these shoes. I grew up in the 90s too but was more into basketball shoes then. Getting these below retail from Hibbett was nice! Now patiently waiting to get the purple ones on sale.
8A11F1B2-CA95-40D9-8EBD-66AF0C7266D1.jpeg

What made you think you weren’t gonna end up paying tax? There’s nothing snake-ish about it. It’s the law. But sure, file a claim over $5.73. :lol::smh:
they made up for it. They got delivered today. Super fast shipping. It’s weird my initial order total was $102. They added shipping hours later. Just seems a tad odd.

Sizing is weird though. I wish they made 12.5s. They fit great length wise, but sit a bit narrow. I may return my pair. My 2008 retros were a 12 but fit great. Maybe they’re just broken in? It feels like the footprint of the 2008s was bigger. I’m gonna compare the two now.

Let me know what you guys think ! I am still learning but I am an old school head so I was quite excited for these and wanted to do a vid .

Forsy,
I enjoy your stories man. It’s refreshing to watch a review that also includes a perspective from when the OGs released. That’s not common place these days. Anyone can buy a sneaker off a resellers site, review them and walk around with a “fit”.

So I compared the footbase of the 2008 and this 2021. Theyre the same. I just may need to break these in or lose some weight. Color wise, I’d say the grey here is more of a lighter grey or silver but otherwise this is a top notch retro. The toe box issue of old is not really there. That folding of the white mesh doesn’t appear to be as prominent. It could be that the black outer layer is sturdier. I always thought this was more infrared but it’s coming off as pink (which looking at the 2008 is accurate). The tongue here is all white (although sort of appears slightly off white and greenish from the foam backing?), whereas your 2008 had a grey tongue. No complaints for this price point.

My pair is shipping from a Champs 15minutes away and wasn’t picked up by UPS yet. Would they let me pick up the pair directly from the store if I show my order info?

Back
Top Bottom