Nike Air Total Max Uptempo Retro - Black/Volt - First Look (Actual Pic)

Calvin_And_Hobbes_Dance.gif

These are the shoes I've been waiting for!!! I remember wanting these shoes SO bad in 8th grade....i saved up some cash to get em, I was gonna go halveswith moms cuz she wasn't about to drop $100+ on some shoes, so I put up 80 and she put up the rest and I got a pair of the white/blue ones....those were myfavorite pair of shoes that I've EVER owned. I want the white/blue pair, and i also want the black ones too, just cuz I don't wanna wait 10+ years fornike to re-retro these again.....I'm sad I got rid of mine when the air bubble popped in the heel area when the rubber wore down....These were SUPER COMFYcan't wait!!!

Will pick both pairs up when they go on sale. I hope the black/silver pair gets retroed. It was by far the best colorway, and my 7th grade bball shoes.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

these are a MUST HAVE.....but something looks odd about that picture.....

i think it's the outsole. the og's outsole wasn't transluscent "volt" was it??

The box tag for the OGs reads Black/Neon Yellow. From the pictures, they look pretty close to the originals. I will definitely be getting two pairs of these.
2namq69.jpg

Originally Posted by DJBBert

To be honest, everyone is Psyched about Uptempos coming back out, BUT i doubt anyone is really going to buy them. With the economy going the way it is, i doubt anyone is really going to drop that much for them. Everyone is either going to wait for some sort of sale or some F&F discount to pick them up. Same thing with the Pennys, everyone was Psyched but people are going to wait for prices to go cheaper. Don't get me wrong I love the shoe and every old school basketball shoe that is coming out, but these will be sitting on shelves for a quick min.
Part of the reason for that is that there are soooooooooo many consumers out there that aren't NTers. Just like with the Penny's, ATC 2,92 Tailwinds, and more than likely the Griffey's later on this year...they're all general release. That means there are A LOT of pairs out there &I'm sure most of the people that were psyched about them got their pairs pretty early. Come to think of it, I can't think of too many Nike retroesthat throngs of people went out & copped at retail (besides limited releases and Jordans).

I guess I'm glad these are coming back, both of my OG pairs are showing considerable wear after 11 years or so. I'm glad they stuck them at the sameprice point of 160 like '97. I'm not being a hater or anything though, but I don't see these selling outside of people like us at that price pointand colorway. I do kind of wish they were bringing back David Robinson's black/silver colorway, but in 97-98 I didn't care for the white pair and atthe time the neon colorway went with the majority of my wardrobe as an 11th grader so I never got black/silver.

Fall 2009. Nike retroes never have an actual date, but over the last year or so, they always seem to come out a little sooner than what's initially said.The black Penny 2 was originally supposed to come out in November and came out at the end of September. The Black Penny 3 was supposed to be spring but certainstores in my hood have them already.

Back
Top Bottom