Nike Air Total Max Uptempo Retro - Black/Volt - First Look (Actual Pic)

The Milliers were the first pair of shoes I bought with my own money.

We had a world footlocker in our mall (big deal at the time). I picked them out...moms was upset because I popped the bubble hooping in them after 2 months (played a ton of outdoor ball) needless to say she some how got them to exchange them for another pair even though they were beat up.

I need another pair just for that story man.

I hope we all get them, but especially us older folks that have memories of these. I was a freshman in high school when these came out, and I remember staring in awe at the kid's shoes that wore these in PE. He also had pearl Foamposite Pros! Needless to say, I was a bit envious as I could not afford them. Back then, I'd save all my money for 1 pair of expensive basketball shoes, sometimes 2 if I had enough, per year, and I went with the black Pippen 1s around that time, particularly since I'm a lifelong Chicagoan and he was my favorite player. I had a Slam subscription and knew all about the shoes but it was unheard of, especially in my house, to have a bunch of expensive shoes at once, let alone 1 pair. Now that I'm older, I get to make teenage me happy.

15676757464646.jpg

i never had a pair of these but i always like them, the first time i saw these was in hong kong, my cousins there had the black/volt and the white/silver cw, hopefully they also bring the OG white/silver cw back these and the black/volts are the only cws that i want

What's up with peeps with a swoosh account? Is that a thing? I'm trying hard to not want to pay retail because I might miss out

Called around a few local places and nothing yet. People either didnt get them in or dont even know what I'm talking about. As soon as I say Uptempo they think its the More Uptempo.. that's annoying.

I even described them in detail and I'm told we only have them in kids.. so I'm like they dont say AIR on the side. "Oh yeah those are the ones we have but only in junior sizes" .... At what point did black and neon make you think I wanted the giant AIR pair?

But I could never land a gig at these places whenever looking for a weekend job/job in college.

This is how I felt when I was to come to Nike Soho. :lol:.

This is how I felt when I was to come to Nike Soho. :lol:.

Crazy I used to work there when it first opened too :lol: there was a decent mix of sneaker folks (not really sneaker heads like here) and clueless folks. God knows who's in there now.

Crazy I used to work there when it first opened too :lol: there was a decent mix of sneaker folks (not really sneaker heads like here) and clueless folks. God knows who's in there now.

It’s gotten younger and more hypebeast
, collab “them Blk/red joints Yo”. You can tell who knows, who’s there just for the discount, and who they hired because they felt he/she was a safe hire. Compared to the other candidates. But hey, everyone is different. :lol:

You left? I’m surprised.

It’s gotten younger and more hypebeast
, collab “them Blk/red joints Yo”. You can tell who knows, who’s there just for the discount, and who they hired because they felt he/she was a safe hire. Compared to the other candidates. But hey, everyone is different. :lol:

You left? I’m surprised.

Honestly got the impression that they kind of didnt want to hire sneakerheads .. some of the higher ups over there at the time didnt have the best view of sneakerheads and I dont blame them. Its why I have avoided anything FCFS since like 2013. I left because I have a 9-5 and they kept asking for more time I didnt have to give. I was so damn tired but when I was actually there it was fun most of the time because I'm so into the brand.

Salute to you. You made the right choice.

most def they aren’t too fond of sneakerheads or any candidate(s) that gives them reseller/hypebeast vibes. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom