Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

Because I bought them all 😉...

Really though...I happened to be at the only Vegas Nike outlet at the time when they rolled them out to put on the shelf...Didn’t even let them take the 11.5’s off the cart...

Why does this color way have a big following?

Good question. Along with the Jordan 4, the Air Trainer SC (how it was originally named) is my favorite silhouette of all time, yet this colorway does nothing for me but long for the OG Navy.

Last edited:
I can definitely understand why someone wouldn’t like them

there wasn’t as many loud shoes back then and these really stood out

though, I’m not sure I can get away with wearing at nearly 40 years old :lol:

I was dating my wife when I had these years ago and I think her reaction was “WTF?”

if I wore them now she would probably hit me with this...

77455230-2297-4ADD-8F7B-8EC5730AC7C6.gif

Haven’t worn trainer 3’s since the original Viotech’s...Burned my last pair down in 2008...Still up .5 yeah? Or are they adjusted to more tts in the past decade or so...

wearing my first pair of Trainer III's in years today w/ the 2019 medicine ball retro

I always could do 9.5 or 10 in Trainer III's

most shoes I do 9.5, I can do size 9 in forces or dunks, 10 in some Air Max shoes like 95's or 97's

I'm wearing 9.5 medicine balls...hurts my pinky toe a little but it's bearable and probably won't be bothersome after they break in some more

funny how tastes have changed over time. I used to hate on the viotechs and now I like them. Maybe it’s nostalgia.

These were always a love hate colorway as far as I remember...Either people were all in on them or they thought they were hideous...Wasn’t much middle ground opinions...

These were always a love hate colorway as far as I remember...Either people were all in on them or they thought they were hideous...Wasn’t much middle ground opinions...

And any Marketer will always strive for this visceral response; love/hate. Neutral is never considered desirable; that makes for a "blah" product.

Didn't like viotechs and don't. Same with the transformers.

Back
Top Bottom