Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

so a tad off topic. When did the am90 get a shape redesign on the toebox? The pointy og shape is back on that one. I pray they can do it with the retro trainers. Wishful thinking.

airtrainergang airtrainergang sad times. They may have been available for under $100 in a sz 9 or less, but anything above that has been rare since 2004. $175 was the aftermarket norm for many years. I think saw 3-4 11s over the past 18 years. I've seen zero 11.5s to 15s. It almost had a limited Asia type run. 8-10s were the 95% majority

wallyhopp wallyhopp I've been thinking about that and trying to find concrete info. Was it a co.jp release or was it assumed to be one b/c of the nature of the release, sizing, etc?

^it was always assumed by me that it was a Japanese only release. B model/co.jp. The med balls were the same in 2000, but those had #ed out of 3,000 markings so it was easier to know for sure. Those did have larger sizes much easier available for some reason. Even in eBay's prime, I have never seen a 11.5 or above for ANY price for the viotechs. I never really knew what B model or co.jp meant in terms of release numbers but I'm guessing just thousands.

wallyhopp wallyhopp i definitely remember those numbered Med Balls.

wouldn't mind seeing a box label pic for Viotechs. i'm pretty sure they were limited to Asia but my memory is hazy at best. some US boutiques may have stocked them.

They were at a bunch of stateside outlets...B-grades...That’s where I got my pairs from...

Maybe Nort/Recon, and Huf...But owners of those spots had connections to Japan like Stash and Keith for example...Wasn’t uncommon for them to buy up a size run in Japan then ship it back so they could sell it in their stores either...I don’t remember them actually having a US release outside of the random outlet spotting...

And 11.5 did exist...I had three pairs I got from the only Las Vegas Nike Outlet (Beltz mall at the time...Premium outlet south now), I posted a couple pages back...Happened to be in the store when they rolled them out to shelve them up...Didn’t even let the worker take those off the cart...Had no idea they were that rare at all...But to be fair I never checked for them since I had all I needed...

I am looking to buy some Medicine Ball Trainer 3's if anyone out there has a pair in 10 or 10.5 PLEASE let me know!

Thanks a lot!

-Drew

Yeah outlets were definite drops of b-grades...

Honestly thinking back though I don’t think they had an actual release stateside...Outside shops buying their own stock that is...It has been a very long time though and I’m getting older everyday 😂...

Seems like there's no hype on these.

Anyone know of any other spots getting them?

June 27

Midnight Navy/White

Same lol. It's been so long that i forgot the history and I highly doubt we can find it publisher anywhere else except maybe some niche IG account that exists somewhere out there

superblytrife superblytrife same lol. although i'm pushing hard for retail.

Crookedtongues had an excellent archive on non-US releases when they were still up and running...Sadly when they folded all that content was lost forever it seems...

Maybe there’s some old Japanese magazines floating around out there somewhere that have answers 🤷‍♂️...As of now I’m sticking with the Asia specific drop with b-grades hitting stateside outlets angle...

Crookedtongues had an excellent archive on non-US releases when they were still up and running...Sadly when they folded all that content was lost forever it seems...

Maybe there’s some old Japanese magazines floating around out there somewhere that have answers 🤷‍♂️...As of now I’m sticking with the Asia specific drop with b-grades hitting stateside outlets angle...

All the CT content is saved. Way too much to let that just disappear forever.

All the CT content is saved. Way too much to let that just disappear forever.

That needs to be put up for viewing somewhere then...Gives a good international history lesson into the world of sneakers...Specifically those that are stateside...Most of these modern sneaker heads think this stuff started with the JB boom in the late 2000’s early 2010’s...

That needs to be put up for viewing somewhere then...Gives a good international history lesson into the world of sneakers...Specifically those that are stateside...Most of these modern sneaker heads think this stuff started with the JB boom in the late 2000’s early 2010’s...
I agree 100% and it will be.

Wow, a cubanbee sighting in 2020. Glad to see you’re still around.

So has anyone seen any other retailers besides Nike that are getting the Viotechs? Seems like it’s pretty quiet out there so far, which could be a good or a bad thing.

So has anyone seen any other retailers besides Nike that are getting the Viotechs? Seems like it’s pretty quiet out there so far, which could be a good or a bad thing.

I suspect it'll be the same boutique shops that happened with the black ATC drop.

Always good to see old timers show up from time to time...Some of us just can’t leave NT alone though 😂...

Anyways...No hype is a good thing yeah? Let these things sit and I’ll get at another three pairs...On a side note I fully expect these to hit like the Olympic Uptempo’s have been doing...Random spots at random times...Seems to be the nsw release strategy in current times...

DB532BCC-511D-4C81-BAF3-1DAF323F0751.png

:rofl:

I don’t think the originals went for this much on the aftermarket.

They not going for that for real.

11.5 still doesn't exist? I'm debating on 12 but I'm a true 11.5 and I hate my shoes being loose on me. Might have to go for the 12.

haha yeah man, still creepin. All about the laughs these days.

The usual QS/Tier Zero accounts will have these, IF they ordered them.

Hope all is well, fellas.
B

I know The name of like 3 shops. Anyone got a list they don’t mind sharing via pm. Many shops that I’ve looked at (was checking out the Ben and Jerry’s Raffle for a friend) Don’t seem to really list anything until it’s just there. Many ‘where to find’ sources simply list NDC. Those Travis Scott’s have an extensive list. Maybe I start there?

Trainers used to peak at $200-$250 in 2010-2012. That was the prime retros or originals. That’s why I got into them initially. Bargain finds with a great Tinker/Bo history.

Viotechs were always higher end on the pricing spectrum but nothing too crazy. $150-200 for the prime items

You have to remember retail back then was $89.99 for mostly all of these trainers. The zoom trainers in 2004 were $110 I believe. $130 sounds crazy even though they’ll sell out. Times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom