Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

smh @ these...with that suede that they used...
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

smh @ these...with that suede that they used...
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Still waiting on my pair to assess but... gauging from
jahson's pic; wow.

It looks like the toebox material derived from a preschool
felt snip-n-shape session.

I just received my pair from Eastbay and all I have to say is

1. Wavy toebox

2. Sloppy glue job

3. You won't need laces on these. I had trouble putting these on (even with the laces off). Btw I went with my true size.

sick.gif
@ wearing these or any shoes for that matter with no laces.

I just have to leave the laces in....regardless.

To each his own though.

Interesting approach by Nike. The toebox on these sorta reminds me of the structure 91 infrared retros. Such a soft free flowing material. But it shouldn't look precreased and messy in a stand alone state. It's like they didn't apply the stiffer material under the soft material.

The shoe below has a soft outer shell and a moderately stiff under. Or maybe it's just a thicker SOFT material
40115a446fcdc4b60f8cce40d8a9b2f427f4e86.jpg

These huarache '11 retros look like they kind of slapped on a soft thin toebox material with no thought on how it looks in a DS state... kind of wrinkly and wavy. Almost of the typical half (#*$& Nike approach. At least they tried, right? Then again some pairs on ebay and sneakerblogs look better than others. Maybe some are still stiffed with tissue and others arent? I guess at this point its not even up for debate.

Pretty much how I see it: With the 01 huaraches, after a couple dozen wears you had deep creases for LIFE. Here, you sorta just have a toebox that never looks new or old. I guess you pick your poison.

Originally Posted by BiggiMike

Thanks you eastbay for the smashed sneaker box.
At least the shoes weren't damaged...

We're sorry to hear that your package arrived this way.  If you can send us a PM with some photos, though, we can forward your comments on to the proper personnel as we continue to get more attention for this issue.

EastbayRep - Ryan

They look good out the box. A little tight on foot. Cushion and comfort still there. Good retro.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

They look good out the box. A little tight on foot. Cushion and comfort still there. Good retro.

The first time i seen that chick in your avi was in fact... when i saw your avi.

Then after the accolades, critical appraisal, grammys, etc. finally began to see her surface
via the internets and tv then i thought to myself, "This girl is a whole lot larger than Balloon's
avi. Good gracious, Glacius." I felt mislead.

Cuz she really looks like...

Any way... my pair should be arriving tomorrow.

Bout to hit the salon to GET MY HAIR DID IN 'EM!!!

You jealous?!?!

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

I'm already plotting on my next pair

this

grabbed my 2nd pair today. hesitated yesterday at arundel mills and regretted when i got home last night so i copped today @ wheaton. figured it's best to have it on deck. i remember when they dropped last i regretted not having that extra pair so i ain't wanna make the same mistake.

"Wallyhoop,"

You'd be surprised how many people fail to realize that THAT is the way the Trainer 91s should look/be.

Imagine the complaints if the retros (which will have thinner "like o.g." material, Nike is a business first, not an enthusiast) were like that...

That's how I see these.

Close enough for gov'ment work! I'm not waiting ANOTHER 10 years...

Thanks to "Bush Man 2002" for the 3rd pair.

Says "delivered" but sitting at VCU mailing office for another day. I guess people didn't wanna work with all the Sweet 16 jazz going around.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

"Wallyhoop,"

You'd be surprised how many people fail to realize that THAT is the way the Trainer 91s should look/be.

Imagine the complaints if the retros (which will have thinner "like o.g." material, Nike is a business first, not an enthusiast) were like that...

That's how I see these.
What's funny is after seeing WallyHoops post, I actually am looking for a size 12 in the Trainer '91 now! I was disappointed the first time they released with nubuck, didn't realize Nike used the soft suede on the re-re-release similar to the OG look and feel. Gettin em!

^^ those are og's in that pic. i got the most recent retro and it has

nubuck, it's still a nice shoe though.

Can you tell me why after 3 weeks in back-order, Eastbay charged my credit card, then canceled my order? (there was sufficient funds in the credit card)
Thanks
Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by BiggiMike

Thanks you eastbay for the smashed sneaker box.
At least the shoes weren't damaged...

We're sorry to hear that your package arrived this way.  If you can send us a PM with some photos, though, we can forward your comments on to the proper personnel as we continue to get more attention for this issue.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Just got my 2 10.5's in from Eastbay. Boxes were a bit smashed but whatever. Shoes are so super clean 
eek.gif
. Another HG in the vault for me. Anyhow I did feel these fit a bit narrow compared to the last Huarache release in 04/05 but I just undid the laces, squeezed my foot in and redid the laces. Fits great now. And the strap actually makes it around the shoe without my foot feelin suffocated. Overall I feel like the shoe is of fairly nice quality.

Aside from Eastbay's piss poor packing, satisfied with the quality. The grey part is a lil different from the 01's and the strap seems to be a tad bit smaller, other than that, people cant really say that these 2011 is trash compared to the 2001. With that said, my 2001 looks trash so I'm happy Nike retroed these..haha

Originally Posted by ed2trey

^^ those are og's in that pic. i got the most recent retro and it has

nubuck, it's still a nice shoe though.
Damn, I was hyped for minute...more money saved then! Good looking out.

"Wallyhoop,"

That's how I see these.
That's where you would ultimately have to pick your poison. If a retro trainer max 91 retro had THINNER Og like material like these huarache trainer toeboxs have, it would not look like the photo I showed up top. It would look similar to some of these 2011 huarache trainer photos where the toebox seems to have no foundation at all.  Now imagine an entire upper with the paper thin felt material. Total unevenness all around. Would we rather have that happen and it be closer to the OG than ever before, or stick with the synthetic napless stuff that is currently on trainer max 91 retros? If you are already going to butcher something, I don't neccersarily need to see two varieties of butchering. The first time was enough. But I'll give them more major props for trying to get it right. Maybe the next retro won't have a toebox that collapses on itself.

Ptngina, do you notice when the toeboxs are unstuffed if some of the toeboxs are just off? That left shoe on the left pair looks to have some of that waviness on the toebox. All the other shoes look fine. Maybe it's a quality issue where some suffer from that and some are just fine.

When you have paper thin soft material, you get something like this
39012_447882448697_506968697_6075695_7303192_n.jpg

Maybe I'm over reaching the severity that is apparent on these huarache trainers but I believe it's there. I can see how some would rather have 2001 quality stiff synthetic material compared to the look of that above.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

"Wallyhoop,"

That's how I see these.
That's where you would ultimately have to pick your poison. If a retro trainer max 91 retro had THINNER Og like material like these huarache trainer toeboxs have, it would not look like the photo I showed up top. It would look similar to some of these 2011 huarache trainer photos where the toebox seems to have no foundation at all.  Now imagine an entire upper with the paper thin felt material. Total unevenness all around. Would we rather have that happen and it be closer to the OG than ever before, or stick with the synthetic napless stuff that is currently on trainer max 91 retros? If you are already going to butcher something, I don't neccersarily need to see two varieties of butchering. The first time was enough. But I'll give them more major props for trying to get it right. Maybe the next retro won't have a toebox that collapses on itself.

Ptngina, do you notice when the toeboxs are unstuffed if some of the toeboxs are just off? That left shoe on the left pair looks to have some of that waviness on the toebox. All the other shoes look fine. Maybe it's a quality issue where some suffer from that and some are just fine.

When you have paper thin soft material, you get something like this
39012_447882448697_506968697_6075695_7303192_n.jpg

Maybe I'm over reaching the severity that is apparent on these huarache trainers but I believe it's there. I can see how some would rather have 2001 quality stiff synthetic material compared to the look of that above.
You are dead on on the waviness of the toebox on the 2011 huaraches of the OG color. Onr pair i have is very wavy in the toebox while the other pair is still straight. It's a minor discrepancy imo, but it is there. It just made it easier for me which pair to rock and which pair to stock. 2 pairs FTW
pimp.gif

Wallyhoop is always dead-on with his comments. Wish he was in charge of making retro trainers.

.... that og '91trainer would be interesting to see on the huarache
nerd.gif

Got my order in from Eastbay, smashed box of course. Shoes are "pre-creased". Already paint chipping in the back grey sole area. Also have some "paint globs" on the white part underneath the strap. Strap also looks like there was a security tag or some sort of tag punched through it on one part of the shoe which is rather annoying. Overall I was angry about the quality but I am glad I can finally wear this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom