Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

actually, wally the "rough" suede on these '11s is the one thing i DO like. thinking about that suede takes me back to the og air trainer '91 grey c/w, which i didn't have in 6th grade. had the og black pair tho.

2001 to me is better than the 2011 but its 2011 and this is what he have now. Its not like they butchered this and made it like the Trainer SC II...lol

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Saw these last week and the suede threw me off. Now i never had the OG's but if i recall, the 2001's had a nubuck toebox right? I could care less about the strap size, but the suede just threw me off, didn't have that same "cool grey" look the 2001s had. Again I could be imagining things here, but idk....

edit: found charmcitykid's old listing

vs

I think i'll hold off on the 2011 trainer's, unless I find them for under retail.
frown.gif

honestly, these '11a do somewhat pale in comparison to those '01s i recently sold. ONLY reason i sold em is because they were a 9.5 and i need a 10 for it to fit comfy. otherwise there's no way i'da ever sold em. in fact, had these not been re-releasing, i'da just dealt with it.

yeah i remember having the 2001s and they were great, my first pair of huarache's. and they felt so nice too, i had to sell, as they were also .5 size smaller, and the guy i sold them too was jumping out of his socks to get em from me
to you guys getting the shoes for $80, kudos, i woulda done the same.....now i need to find myself a champs sports coupon some where...contemplating also if i want to get my girl a pair while they're sitll around
Well I had the OG's (Still have my box from 1992, but not the shoes) and the suede toes and color is on point with my OG's back in the day. I would've been mad if these came with nubuck instead of the suede toe box and heel cup. Oh yeah... Yes, the original 1992 was a soft long grain suede just like these and the hue of grey is on point as well.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

This is all a part of Nike's brandishing and brainwashing. We got so used to the 2001 synthetic suede and nubuck that when REAL soft stuff 95% similar to the originals come out, people want what they were used to. I kind of fear what would happen if a air trainer 1 chlorophyll released with real suede and leather. The past 3 releases have been synthetics.

It's weird though, the other 2011 colorways specically the black.grey.blue accented shoe seems to have the 2001 era synthetic materials all over the upper. It seems like they really went out of their way to try and get it right this time.

Agreed. I'm going to post a picture of me back in 1992 during my senior year in high school in a second. P.S. It's a funny pic, so I know that I'm going to get blasted, but hey...it was 1992. I'm ready for the jokes, but I can handle it. Lol! I just want to make my point that these are about as close to as you can come to the OG's.

Finally seen em at Champs in Towson Mall....wasn't too impressed with the material. Ask to see if they had a size 11, no luck. Guess it wasn't meant to be

Here a picture of me in my Huaraches back in 1992
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And it was taken on a Poloroid...Lol!

I notice that some things are off/different, but the suede was very, very close to the OG release, but it still not the same. I will say this...the suede and hue/color is way closer to the OG then the nubuck on the '01 version.

There certainly are notable differences in the 2011's vs. the '92's. I noticed that the inside of the mid-sole is painted black instead of white and the sole is off as well. The portion where it says NIKE on the sole was white and rubber on the OG's, not the same material as the mid-sole and painted black. Basically the OG's white inner mid-sole ran/merged/blended perfectly with the white rubber sole. I also remember that the OG's NIKE name/text on the heel was different as well. The OG had the text raised vs. an ironed on black text. I'm sure that there is more, but it's hard to remember all of the differences; however I do know that this suede is closer to the OG then the nubuck on the '01's.

At the end of the day, I appreciate this release. I'm 2 deep so far and still looking for a 3 pair. It's not like I can find, nor wear an OG 1992 almost 20 years later. I'm not going to complain too much. Besides, nobody likes to listen to others complaints anyways. We all have our own problems.
pimp.gif

sincere, so u basically saying these 2011 is closer to the 92s than the 01s to the 92s?

Like you said, this release is appreciated. It ain't perfect but it'll do.

I appreciate the knowledge being dropped and love for these trainers, I need to grab a second.

Nice pic "sincere".

I had to post!  Love ole's school pics.

I'm 2 deep so far and still looking for a 3 pair.

Champs will stock locate.  And they got coupons floating around to put a dent in the retail price.  Holla if needed.

4th pair here finally.  Done.

Time to prepare for VCU's Pep Rally...

Originally Posted by ptngina

sincere, so u basically saying these 2011 is closer to the 92s than the 01s to the 92s?

No, it's just that the suede is closer to the material used on the toe then the nubuck. That's pretty much where it stops.

Sneaker Dave has a comparison of the 2001 and these.

^^Nice video. So end of the day, some different stuff. Some enough to make people not buy. Which is kool. Buy what you like at the end of the day.

Nice comparison video.
I really need a lesson in what materials look like what. I think I've been calling one material one thing for 6 years now and it's not even right. Does anyone have a decent rundown of what's what.. The napless lifeless stuff on many of Nike's items shouldn't even have a name

this was a fun release best of 2011...so far...
smokin.gif

made a few ppl have to go out and look and those who didn't had to suffer or wait
im plotin on the grey/blk/blue joints herd they should be around sometime this week
or next,i hope everybody sleep on those so they can hit the 45.00 - 50 range
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KidCloudKicker

Thanks to the footlocker $20 off $99 n up coupon 'EMEBV39N' I just copped my 2nd pair which seemed to be the last 14 they had. Thanks NT!

Man I needed that size 14!!!
mad.gif

Mann I aint messin wit  citysole on they pre-orders cause they told me that they were gonna ship them out on the 23 of march cause nike push the date back. my boy @ champs had them in the back on the 20th of march. now they talkin bout they gonna ship em out on the 30th wit a shoe cleaner for the inconvenience. ima bout to call them tommorow and cancel my order and jus get them from champs wit my military discount of 20% since the quality of the !%%* is nowhere near the retro from the early 2000's 

Originally Posted by ptngina

In my opinion...Yes, I do, but there are differences (I mentioned those in my previous post). The suede's color, softness and feel is a lot closer the '92's. I remember that I used to be able to feel my toenails through the suede back then. There was no protection in the toe box area back then. I'm not saying that it was good thing, but I am saying that this problem was around even on the OG 1992's. They weren't thick either, but they definitely weren't wavy like some of the pairs that I have seen in the 2011's. Like I said...I'm happy, even with the differences in the mid-sole and sole. Other then those difference, I think Nike did better in the choice of using suede (minus the wave factor), colors of suede, choice of leather and even the nubuck hints. The previously mention differences are the only real differences, but I can live with that, because nobody can see the bottom of my shoes, nor cares to see them. Basically the differences aren't enough to make me fill out an complaint form. I'm happy and that's all that I care about.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom