Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

Originally Posted by SoleFX

Has anyone got shipping notifications from citysole yet?

no, not yet.  I feel like I ordered these 3 weeks ago...

Originally Posted by BinYe

Sloane Kettering wrote:

i posted the vid last page...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, but his is bigger.

you feel me? (it?).

laugh.gif

ok, so what i got from the video is...

grey suede: '11 > '01
wearable?: '11 > '01
everything else: '01 > '11

Originally Posted by c4

Originally Posted by SoleFX

Has anyone got shipping notifications from citysole yet?

no, not yet.  I feel like I ordered these 3 weeks ago...
I got my shipped notification and tracking # yesterday.

i just called the biggest footlocker in my area and dude told me that they are a champs-only shoe. crazy.

Picked up the trainers on friday when they dropped in so cal malls . Was very disappointed with the quality. The paint was cheaply added and the shoe is way smaller than the 2001 retro, plus the material ....  i wish nike would have charged us the extra 10.00 and made it of higher quality  . I did however scoop up this jacket to go along with it . P

http://app8.sellersourceb...embers/watch/enlarge.php

Originally Posted by Broomall4Life

i just called the biggest footlocker in my area and dude told me that they are a champs-only shoe. crazy.

thats a lie i copped this weekend in a small footaction on the 50 in the bronx... they also had the other colorway

Just got my pair as well, one wavy toe and one perfect toe...smh...lol

horrible production quality though, glue all along the trim of the nubuck flaps on the ankle area, and there are at least 2 eyelets where the nubuck was not punched all the way through, and it's not punched close enough to simply pull it off....

...on that note, they are still dope! one of those pairs i can't wait to bust out in the summer. even if the coloring is different from what i recall from the 2001s, i'm a happy camper

good luck to the rest of you guys! i purchased mine from Champs sports

haha i came across this mad funny review on the bo jackson colorway huaraches. feel bad for dude but this is still yet the funniest shoe review ive seen since that one video about the flint XIII's. Yall gott to peep this

Wavy toebox on Originals via ebay:

That's not to say those weren't quality shoes back then. There are other factors into making a shoe  "perfect". Take the glue stains and overall construction that many people have been talking about. That's where your eyes turn to that mess and then ALSO see a wavy toebox... The Originals seem to also possibly have the wavy toebox on a few pairs but the overall construction and attention to detail was done onto that model where some waviness meant nothing.. It's like the OGs had 1 thing wrong with them and 8 things right.. The 2011s seem to have 4 things wrong and 5 right. I think if the other parts of the shoe were done right, not many people would say, "oh look.. a wavy toebox". Instead by doing what they did, they draw focus and attention to that area.

These retros seem to lie right in the middle. Og's had their faults but remain a complete package. 2001s had no real faults in the build of the model. Quality on point. Here it seems like they attempted something new. So credit for that attempt. But glue stains everywhere and the other details have this one standing right below the 2001s. I guess you could call the 2011s a bit sloppy.

The way these seem to lack that true attention to details reminds me back to a pair of 2000 air trainer 1s that I have. They are cosmetic B grades. Looking at them and inspecting really hard, the average person cannot see what is wrong. but you can see a ruler and pencil mark on the suede upper near the midsole where a factory worker write in a X. Apparently the upper in that area was a 1/4 of an inch OFF of where it should be. That's the type of detail that is in the 2001 huaraches. Imagine a car paint job where a small centimeter area has a flaw. That wasn't good enough for Nike back then to sell to people. Instant B grades.. But now we get a car that has 4-5 areas of concern and call it a day. They are selling C grades as A grades and not being called out for it.

I think Nike can look back at the 2001s and say, We can give these guys any sort of material as long as it's properly constructed and well put together". You can have mediocre materials on a well put together shoe. But saying, "we have OG grey suede. thats as far as we'll go" doesn't seem to cut it.

Maybe im just talking out of my behind.

Just copped my pair from local FA and been waiting 3 weeks for these to show. So people they are showing up slowly now at more FA's. Not sure what took so long but I did notice they had the other pair up a few posts along with it. The grey/black toe/blue pair probably shipped with the OGs. Check out your local FA that didn't have them be4 and now they should have started carrying them. Good luck.

Funny a s s youtube video by deftronic.

too bad we cant use the $25 off bday coupon of FTL at FA. i still havent seen a FTL still have them while in FAs they are almost always there...

thanks to that youtube video i realized that the velcro in almost every single photo I've seen of these retros is messed up. Can you not undo it and cover all of the velcro? It seems like the velcro extends too far down or something.

Maybe it depends on the shoe size? Or just random pure luck. Some pairs look like only one side is like that

Unless upon opening a brand new pair, both shoes aren't strapped in the same way? Can you unloosen them up and get them straight?

It seems like the strap used to just rest right in line with the shoe lace holes. Now the velcro extends down 2-3 inches?

From a few pages back.

The strap is fine where it's located. The velcro should end there.. People can't "tighten" these because the current velcro placement is unrealistic.

maybe I'm just bugging out. this is straight 2009 sc auburn workmanship. You had people digging through 4-5 pairs to "complete" one set of shoes that looked decent

i dont wear these strapped. when i was a kid i prolly would of but now i rock them unstrapped but thats just me tho. same thing with all my deions. ive worn mine 3 times and they are holdin up real nice. i hate these new nike boxes tho. it is what it is tho.

I couldnt wear the OG full strapped and couldnt wear the 2001 full strapped and cant wear the 2011 full straped now. So it all works out for me. Hahah

Originally Posted by Edi240

Copped these yesterday from mondawmin mall yesterday....
I'm thinking these will sit, so I'll be patient and try to "double wammie" a coupon on top of sales price later...

Copped my pair yesterday, no problems with my pair
pimp.gif

ohh yeah the strap can be put to the end of the velcro.

Back
Top Bottom