Nike Air Trainer Max 91 PICS (sneakernews)

Comfort wise I had issue with the little heel tab rubbing the skin off my ankle (I wear low cut socks) Had it a little bit on both shoes to the point where I had to wear bandaids on my achilles if I wanted to wear these. I'll have to try these on a little more to decide if I'm copping.

Comfort wise I had issue with the little heel tab rubbing the skin off my ankle (I wear low cut socks) Had it a little bit on both shoes to the point where I had to wear bandaids on my achilles if I wanted to wear these. I'll have to try these on a little more to decide if I'm copping.

Originally Posted by ed2trey

awesome. i can't wait for these to drop again. i wanted these every since i was in elementary school.

my cousin had these and i remember the material was so soft, it's hard to explain, it was almost like terry cloth

or velour but made out of suede, sorry but thats the best explanation i can give. it was really soft to the touch, i

remember my cousin used to keep them under his bed, i used to always try them on and rub the material, i was blown away

by these. i've never seen that material used again on another shoe
Nike used the same material on the 1992 Air Trainer Huarache. I believe both retro versions (Trainer Huarache in 2002 and Trainer Max in 2004) share the same updated nubuck material as well.

These would have been a definite purchase if Nike used the original materials. But since I have the 2004 retro, I'm gonna pass on these. I wanted the black/white pair so bad back in '91, but every shoe store I went to was sold out of my size.
grin.gif

These were the other two colors from '91. I got a great deal on them 7-8 years ago.

Originally Posted by ed2trey

awesome. i can't wait for these to drop again. i wanted these every since i was in elementary school.

my cousin had these and i remember the material was so soft, it's hard to explain, it was almost like terry cloth

or velour but made out of suede, sorry but thats the best explanation i can give. it was really soft to the touch, i

remember my cousin used to keep them under his bed, i used to always try them on and rub the material, i was blown away

by these. i've never seen that material used again on another shoe
Nike used the same material on the 1992 Air Trainer Huarache. I believe both retro versions (Trainer Huarache in 2002 and Trainer Max in 2004) share the same updated nubuck material as well.

These would have been a definite purchase if Nike used the original materials. But since I have the 2004 retro, I'm gonna pass on these. I wanted the black/white pair so bad back in '91, but every shoe store I went to was sold out of my size.
grin.gif

These were the other two colors from '91. I got a great deal on them 7-8 years ago.

i dont' know why, i'm just not into trainers like that, especially not into the ones that's been retroing lately.

i dont' know why, i'm just not into trainers like that, especially not into the ones that's been retroing lately.

just a heads up, 3 or 4 sellers now on ebay are selling FSRs, many are Presells for a ship date no later than the 31st..

citysole.com is selling a FSR at $95. nicekicks is taking phone orders.

If anyone was familiar with last years med. ball AT IIIs, they released to all sorts of smaller shops and online retailers. It never hit the big shops. If these are anything like that, they won't be too limited but by the end of August, they will be gone, just as the med. balls were. I don't think many deals are to be had here.

just a heads up, 3 or 4 sellers now on ebay are selling FSRs, many are Presells for a ship date no later than the 31st..

citysole.com is selling a FSR at $95. nicekicks is taking phone orders.

If anyone was familiar with last years med. ball AT IIIs, they released to all sorts of smaller shops and online retailers. It never hit the big shops. If these are anything like that, they won't be too limited but by the end of August, they will be gone, just as the med. balls were. I don't think many deals are to be had here.

good looking out wally, i just ordered a pair from ebay. 1 down, 2 more to go. im hoping eastbay will get these

good looking out wally, i just ordered a pair from ebay. 1 down, 2 more to go. im hoping eastbay will get these

I had the og black/whites back in 91 and my boy had the grey joints. Those were the days, I used them for basketball & football
pimp.gif

Back in 04 I ended up copping the retro greys and was waiting until the black/whites hit clearance which they did but not my size
frown.gif

This time around I will get the black/whites...

I had the og black/whites back in 91 and my boy had the grey joints. Those were the days, I used them for basketball & football
pimp.gif

Back in 04 I ended up copping the retro greys and was waiting until the black/whites hit clearance which they did but not my size
frown.gif

This time around I will get the black/whites...

21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

Awesome pic right there. I just wish the new retros were closer to the og. I had them in '91 and the upper material was so soft and the color was so different. It had a blueish tint to it. I believe the color was medium denim or something like that instead of grey on the retros. That's what made them so cool then, and that's why I passed in 04.

21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

Awesome pic right there. I just wish the new retros were closer to the og. I had them in '91 and the upper material was so soft and the color was so different. It had a blueish tint to it. I believe the color was medium denim or something like that instead of grey on the retros. That's what made them so cool then, and that's why I passed in 04.

Picked up my 2010's I like them, definitely better than the 2004's. The one thing I can't understand is how nike can accurately re create certain shoes (waffle trainers, blazers, vandals) hell they can even age them, but they can't get the materials, color and shape dead on for these. Either way I love the trainer max 91 and I picked these up, to all that are a fan of this shoe you wont be disappointed.

Picked up my 2010's I like them, definitely better than the 2004's. The one thing I can't understand is how nike can accurately re create certain shoes (waffle trainers, blazers, vandals) hell they can even age them, but they can't get the materials, color and shape dead on for these. Either way I love the trainer max 91 and I picked these up, to all that are a fan of this shoe you wont be disappointed.

For most people they will fit true to size, for me the width was a little bit of an issue so i decided to go a half size up.

For most people they will fit true to size, for me the width was a little bit of an issue so i decided to go a half size up.

Just a warning, the toe box on my left shoe is a little wavy, like the Trainer SC retros. It was also like that on another pair I looked at.

Will post pics when I can.

Back
Top Bottom