Nike Air Trainer Max 91 PICS (sneakernews)

I'm pissed they didn't use the OG materials but I give props to the person at Nike that convinced them to make the grey darker

I'm pissed they didn't use the OG materials but I give props to the person at Nike that convinced them to make the grey darker

How much darker are we talking here? I know every pc monitor can be different color wise, but I just dont see that much of a difference from the dozens of photos Ive seen. Both shoes are using Grey Stone and Medium Yellow. Shape wise, they look identical too. Have we all forgotten what a 2004 brand new pair looks like?

btw extrabutterny has a FSR available.. This is becoming too similar to the 09 atIII med. balls. everyone waiting around for deals until its too late. It's a small shop type general release. Plentiful now. but within two weeks, all gone.

How much darker are we talking here? I know every pc monitor can be different color wise, but I just dont see that much of a difference from the dozens of photos Ive seen. Both shoes are using Grey Stone and Medium Yellow. Shape wise, they look identical too. Have we all forgotten what a 2004 brand new pair looks like?

btw extrabutterny has a FSR available.. This is becoming too similar to the 09 atIII med. balls. everyone waiting around for deals until its too late. It's a small shop type general release. Plentiful now. but within two weeks, all gone.

Wally they are not quite the same shade as the original's thats a given, however they are noticeably darker than the 04's.  I owned the 04's and they were far to light you can actually see the contrast between the nubuck and the fabric used around the check.  This is the best comparison i could show you since i no longer own the 04's.  One was used with the flash and the other without the flash (just the room lighting).  

Wally they are not quite the same shade as the original's thats a given, however they are noticeably darker than the 04's.  I owned the 04's and they were far to light you can actually see the contrast between the nubuck and the fabric used around the check.  This is the best comparison i could show you since i no longer own the 04's.  One was used with the flash and the other without the flash (just the room lighting).  

The grey is a little darker and the shape is better, but those are the only things better.

These are NOT better than the 04's, just like I expected

For one, the citrus/yellow in the back and front on the sole is two different colors.
Also look at the grooves in the back portion of the citrus sole, as they go up, notice something? They're barely there. I looked at two different pair just to see if I just had a bad pair.
Also the sole is painted with cheap white paint. Not 95 cheap, but it's not as good as the 04's.

So if you have the 04's you don't need to get these.

The grey is a little darker and the shape is better, but those are the only things better.

For one, the citrus/yellow in the back and front on the sole is two different colors.
Also look at the grooves in the back portion of the citrus sole, as they go up, notice something? They're barely there. I looked at two different pair just to see if I just had a bad pair.
Also the sole is painted with cheap white paint. Not 95 cheap, but it's not as good as the 04's.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I disagree.  The fact that they are darker gives them more contrast which is a huge upgrade in terms of visuals.  The shape is another very important factor.  In regards to the sole being two different colors i know what your saying there.  The grooves in the rear are not barely noticeable looking at them in person they are noticeable.  In regards to the paint on the mid sole it must have been the pair you looked at because the ones i've seen were perfect.  These are better than the 04's hands down. Forgot to mention that the nubuck is far more substantial than the nubuck used on the 04's.  

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I disagree.  The fact that they are darker gives them more contrast which is a huge upgrade in terms of visuals.  The shape is another very important factor.  In regards to the sole being two different colors i know what your saying there.  The grooves in the rear are not barely noticeable looking at them in person they are noticeable.  In regards to the paint on the mid sole it must have been the pair you looked at because the ones i've seen were perfect.  These are better than the 04's hands down. Forgot to mention that the nubuck is far more substantial than the nubuck used on the 04's.  

I think you could tell the difference if you still had the 04's. The color is maybe a shade darker and the nubuck a tad higher, but it wouldn't make up for the differences in quality. The upper is fine, but the sole is very poor. The paint is like comparing quality gloss to cheap semi-gloss house paint. Plus the differences in yellow and the grooves. It really messes up the shoe. I guess it looks ok from a distance, but I doubt they'll have that much longevity, because it looks like it will come off or chip. In 2004 these would have been considered B grades if the sole looked like that with the grooves. I went home and looked at the 04's to make sure I was right. Most people wouldn't even be able to tell the differences in shade and shape on your feet. I would have taken pics to show the differences, but the store was hot $%* ++!#.

I think you could tell the difference if you still had the 04's. The color is maybe a shade darker and the nubuck a tad higher, but it wouldn't make up for the differences in quality. The upper is fine, but the sole is very poor. The paint is like comparing quality gloss to cheap semi-gloss house paint. Plus the differences in yellow and the grooves. It really messes up the shoe. I guess it looks ok from a distance, but I doubt they'll have that much longevity, because it looks like it will come off or chip. In 2004 these would have been considered B grades if the sole looked like that with the grooves. I went home and looked at the 04's to make sure I was right. Most people wouldn't even be able to tell the differences in shade and shape on your feet. I would have taken pics to show the differences, but the store was hot $%* ++!#.

interesting... thats about the only thing thats a quality product on the 1991 model still to this day.... the OUTSOLE/MIDSOLE combo is made of superior quality that even to this day can be worn. A white painted midsole is a complete travesty. spend your money elsewhere if thats the case

interesting... thats about the only thing thats a quality product on the 1991 model still to this day.... the OUTSOLE/MIDSOLE combo is made of superior quality that even to this day can be worn. A white painted midsole is a complete travesty. spend your money elsewhere if thats the case

These are now out, atleast in the Bmore/DC/PG County/Nova/Fredburg/Richmond areas.

I'll wait until they hit about $69.99 or lower.  They won't move.

They look identical to the joints that released a few years ago, but maybe its me...

Def. need to get them though. My joints from a few years back are beat.

These are now out, atleast in the Bmore/DC/PG County/Nova/Fredburg/Richmond areas.

I'll wait until they hit about $69.99 or lower.  They won't move.

They look identical to the joints that released a few years ago, but maybe its me...

Def. need to get them though. My joints from a few years back are beat.

Those are nice but who knows where I can still get these

tsc2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom