Nike Air Up - These are due for a retro

Those retros look like spit. Had to show the og's :nthat:

Last edited:
They butchered the Aways too. A travesty and $140 is the nail in the coffin. Don't even want them anymore, not even on sale. :smh:

Sometimes i wonder if they actually look at the original designs or do they just try to go off memory and see how close they can get?  If that's the case then whoever designed this retro did not remember the OGs very well at all...at least colorblock the black/royals correctly sheesh.  I'd be happy to pass on these if I weren't waiting for so long for nike to actually retro these.  Still gonna pass but I'm not happy about this debacle.

If they would have did the correct color blocking and used the right materials, all of them would have turned out much better IMO. Epic fail.

Alright folks, got some more info. In the catalog and order sheets, these are being referred to as "Air Up 14," which makes me wonder if Nike has changed some things ala the Barkley Air Force Max 2013. Either way, along with the two colors We've already seen, we'll also be getting a Black/Varsity Maize blocked like the Black/Reds, and a Dark Grey/Varsity Royal like the black/royal Penny OG version. Can't tell much from the catalog pics, but let's hope those OG White/Black/Royals will be a bit closer to the OG's. I'll try to post scans when I get a chance.

Peace,
J

You are correct...these are a Vac-Tech version...

JM

Alright folks, got some more info. In the catalog and order sheets, these are being referred to as "Air Up 14," which makes me wonder if Nike has changed some things ala the Barkley Air Force Max 2013. Either way, along with the two colors We've already seen, we'll also be getting a Black/Varsity Maize blocked like the Black/Reds, and a Dark Grey/Varsity Royal like the black/royal Penny OG version. Can't tell much from the catalog pics, but let's hope those OG White/Black/Royals will be a bit closer to the OG's. I'll try to post scans when I get a chance.

Peace,
J

You are correct...these are a Vac-Tech version...

JM

:smh: **** that, I'm out

Here's catalog pics of the full family:

im sorry but Orlandos still look fresh in the catalog pics (yeah they changed some things) such an outstanding non run-of-the-mil shoe that will look great, hopefully the white/greys release

Vac-Tech is trash. I swear everything will either be Hyperfuse, foamposite, and VT. It's like Nike is scared to be associated with leather, durabuck etc

Vac-Tech is trash. I swear everything will either be Hyperfuse, foamposite, and VT. It's like Nike is scared to be associated with leather, durabuck etc
They're not scared its just a lot cheaper to make shoes out of plastic than natural materials. If people would skip this trash they might be forced to make the real shoe.

Back
Top Bottom