Nike Air VaporMax

The be true thing always gets me. It's one thing if you don't like the colorway but they aren't "made for the gay community" they're made for everyone in service of building recognition for a cause that supports equality. Equality in this case is for that particular community.

That's like say bhm colorways are just for the African American community. No, they are for everyone in service of building recognition for a cause or month that supports equality.

Doernbecher cw aren't just for kids with cancer are they? (Sorry to be blunt). Of course they aren't. They're for everyone to support a cause.

Just always felt odd to distinguish that way. A dope cw is a dope cw. Sometimes they just support a bigger cause.

The be true thing always gets me. It's one thing if you don't like the colorway but they aren't "made for the gay community" they're made for everyone in service of building recognition for a cause that supports equality. Equality in this case is for that particular community.

That's like say bhm colorways are just for the African American community. No, they are for everyone in service of building recognition for a cause or month that supports equality.

Doernbecher cw aren't just for kids with cancer are they? (Sorry to be blunt). Of course they aren't. They're for everyone to support a cause.

Just always felt odd to distinguish that way. A dope cw is a dope cw. Sometimes they just support a bigger cause.

THIS.

On top of that, be comfortable in what you like and wear. If you're more concerned what someone will think because you wear a,b or c style or color, then maybe that's where the real issue lies.

Last edited:

Cosign this man has not only big muscles 
laugh.gif

Well said. Nobody's forcing anyone to like these, but people don't need to be a **** about what they're supposed to stand for.

If I was one that didn't get the clear air bag I'd be a little ticked they are releasing those the same month the ID will arrive.

And if they do a primary color rainbow betrue version I would give it a look. Those look like more of a pastel womens version. I've always wanted a pair of the Air Max 97 'Rainbow'.

I hope you are not saying that because of what it represents...if you do, well watch out, it may be contagious
Actually I am not. More so I am saying I am not wearing it because of what Nike it trying to represent. Nike found another way to get rich by trying to promote being inclusive. Nah...not happening. 

As well, I have really hated each model of the "bet true" line.

Lastly, if it is for the gay community (or at acceptance ) which honestly we know that is the color representation, I will just leave it to the community. I feel it is much more of a 1st person POV to  "be true" to themselves and not hide it. Its like wearing a rainbow shirt out to show you are gay and have no issue with it.

Im not gay nor do I have a issue with gay folks....do what you want. Your life. I am just not rocking the shoes which to me have a misrepresentation.  

Actually I am not. More so I am saying I am not wearing it because of what Nike it trying to represent. Nike found another way to get rich by trying to promote being inclusive. Nah...not happening. 

As well, I have really hated each model of the "bet true" line.

Lastly, if it is for the gay community (or at acceptance ) which honestly we know that is the color representation, I will just leave it to the community. I feel it is much more of a 1st person POV to  "be true" to themselves and not hide it. Its like wearing a rainbow shirt out to show you are gay and have no issue with it.

Im not gay nor do I have a issue with gay folks....do what you want. Your life. I am just not rocking the shoes which to me have a misrepresentation.  
what exactly is the misrepresentation though? it represents something very specifically and clearly. if I understand correctly your problem is that thay are using the gay community as an alibi so as to make more money? this could be an argument for any collaboration or theme. issuing a marathon specific shoe means you are exploiting marathons? why should this be the case with social related issues?

Last edited:
with Nike, womens to mens size conversion is 1.5 difference correct? So, I am US 10 in mens, I need a US 11.5 in womens, right?

what exactly is the misrepresentation though? it represents something very specifically and clearly. if I understand correctly your problem is that thay are using the gay community as an alibi so as to make more money? this could be an argument for any collaboration or theme. issuing a marathon specific shoe means you are exploiting marathons? why should this be the case with social related issues?
Look... wear what you want. I just choose not to wear them. 

Back
Top Bottom