Nike Air VaporMax

Navy restock on finishline
Thanks! I've had my eyes on the VaporMax for a while but finally decided to use my finishline reward on my first pair. Hopefully I'll like them as I have not seen any in store to try on.

I think they took it down or it sold out. The page I went through yesterday just has some sort of message now...

Apparently they are supposed to drop in Canada too?

Last edited:
Did you go TTS or half size up? I've got a similar build to you so I'd assume we have similarly wide feet

I went true to size (size 10.5) is what I wear in all air maxes. I prolly could go up a half size but I think I would experience heel slippage.

Grabbed the navy pair in store. They are the best nike cushion by FAR. I don't think they are better than UB, but getting close. I do worry about the longevity of the air bags though, seems like they would pop pretty easily. 

I am a 11.5 in UB 1.0/2.0, and 11.5 in FK racers. I went with 11.5 and its a good fit.

I watched a whats inside video about the vapormax and the dude had a pretty hard time popping the airbags with a sharp knife. But full body weight on top of that perfectly placed nail or thumbtack will be a different story. I lost a few airbags that way :smh:

Grabbed the navy pair in store. They are the best nike cushion by FAR. I don't think they are better than UB, but getting close. I do worry about the longevity of the air bags though, seems like they would pop pretty easily. 

I am a 11.5 in UB 1.0/2.0, and 11.5 in FK racers. I went with 11.5 and its a good fit.
Guess you've never tried Zoom Air or Lunarlon

Guess you've never tried Zoom Air or Lunarlon
I've been collecting shoes for 25 years...

Lunar sucks, and bottoms out too easily. Zoom is great on the right shoe. Neither are close to UB though.

I've been collecting shoes for 25 years...

Lunar sucks, and bottoms out too easily. Zoom is great on the right shoe. Neither are close to UB though.
OG Lunarepic Hi is more comfortable than UB to me

Basically i'm saying that the Vapormax sole is def not the best Nike cushioning system... especially not "by FAR"

OG Lunarepic Hi is more comfortable than UB to me

Basically i'm saying that the Vapormax sole is def not the best Nike cushioning system... especially not "by FAR"

LE2 are the most comfortable I've ever had but never tried UB, but from what I've heard the difference is minimal to UB that's why I'm not pressed. I find it hard to believe UB is that much better than LE2 lows.

ub is super comfy to me, I'm just tired of the model a bit especially coz for some reason adidas put out knit 1.0 which was great and then went down very fast with 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 doesn't seem any better. 

To those who have the Pure Platinum's and the Ash Grey's, are the Pure Platinum's slightly shorter?

Or to anyone with two pairs.

To those who have the Pure Platinum's and the Ash Grey's, are the Pure Platinum's slightly shorter?

Or to anyone with two pairs.
wouldn't say so but didn't put them side by side. they feel the same to me. is it something significant?

wouldn't say so but didn't put them side by side. they feel the same to me. is it something significant?
Platinum's a bit shorter, got them off eBay and not sure if they're replicas.

Haven't seen any replicas yet but still questioning them

I've seen random pics of replicas on IG and they look really off, especially something about the bubble, so it should be pretty apparent if you have fakes. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of difference between two pairs.

Platinum's a bit shorter, got them off eBay and not sure if they're replicas.

Haven't seen any replicas yet but still questioning them

One thing I've noticed with most of the racers/chukka fakes is that the tag has the wrong style/color code on it.

Back
Top Bottom