Nike Air VaporMax

Hopefully Nike Scottsdale got the men's Plats...

Dude on phone said they only have the OGs in men's and the plats in women's. I'm hoping he just didn't know what he was talking about. 

Plan on ordering them on SNKRS early just in case. Not sure what the line will be at Scottsdale.....

Aren't these all unisex?

Some photos from the Air Soho Sneak Peek event at Nike Soho, NY.

And below... Nike Lab // 21 M NYC getting ready for tomorrow!

They're totally different. Boost isn't a great running shoe. There's almost too much bounce. The vapormax are more firmly tuned, so they really respond when you push them beyond normal walking. I find the knit of the vapormax to be the best fk upper that Nike has made and somewhere in between the stiffer 1.0 boost knit and loose 3.0 boost knit (don't own any 2.0).

Boost would probably be more a lifestyle oriented shoe. Vmax a more performance oriented shoe.

There is however a secret weapon the vapormax has. It's stupid light and flexible. I've never felt anything quite like it. I'm pretty confident it's lighter than a Flyknit racer. Im sure that will make it very easy to wear for extended periods of time. (I've only spent limited time w it.)

personally, I prefer the vapormax in limited wearing. Mostly cause of the weight and overall aesthetic (which is super subjective). As much as I'm a Nike guy, I've got a pretty filthy boost collection that I don't plan on retiring BUT these vapormaxes are the first new air model in a long time that I can honestly say I'm excited about - got 3 pairs and another one on the way tomorrow. Happy air max day.

gonna try to cop both the 'og' and plat cw...not sure which I like better theyre both good to me. glad theyre finally dropping and glad Ill have a shot (it seems I will anyway) been following these for a minute

also id if possible...guessing theyre all dropping at 7 am pt?

Last edited:
They're totally different. Boost isn't a great running shoe. There's almost too much bounce. The vapormax are more firmly tuned, so they really respond when you push them beyond normal walking. I find the knit of the vapormax to be the best fk upper that Nike has made and somewhere in between the stiffer 1.0 boost knit and loose 3.0 boost knit (don't own any 2.0).

Boost would probably be more a lifestyle oriented shoe. Vmax a more performance oriented shoe.

There is however a secret weapon the vapormax has. It's stupid light and flexible. I've never felt anything quite like it. I'm pretty confident it's lighter than a Flyknit racer. Im sure that will make it very easy to wear for extended periods of time. (I've only spent limited time w it.)

personally, I prefer the vapormax in limited wearing. Mostly cause of the weight and overall aesthetic (which is super subjective). As much as I'm a Nike guy, I've got a pretty filthy boost collection that I don't plan on retiring BUT these vapormaxes are the first new air model in a long time that I can honestly say I'm excited about - got 3 pairs and another one on the way tomorrow. Happy air max day.

Did you get all three of the Air Max Day colors (NikeLab's Triple Black, OG and Pure Platinum) already?

THIS right here... this is the new cushioning system that's FOR SURE made to compete against the Boost, and I cannot wait for this cushioning system in June. ZoomX midsole with supposedly the capability to have a maximum of 85% energy return (the Adidas Ultra Boost has the capacity to go up to 70%). Doesn't look good, but if it's that good to work with, it can look bad any time of the day.

I didn't realize these were this hot then the girl Im dating who has no interest in kicks saw them and was like "can you get me those, I'll venmo you"

Last edited:
I recommend going TTS. Size 8.5 in Air Max 1's, 90's, FK Trainer/Racer. Went 8.5 in Vapormax and they fit perfect.

Back
Top Bottom