Nike Air VaporMax

Nike cancelled my OG pair in size 12...

And I cancelled from the European shop I originally purchased from. 

Happy airmax month. It's been a rollercoaster.

Just got a 10% off for them cancelling my OG pair. Really hoping they drop the UNC blue one's soon.

thanks fam repped. Are they good for all day walking, standing around?

I haven't worn them for all-day walking, but I usually go on walks during my lunch breaks that usually runs 2 miles (sometimes 3, and sometimes 1.5), and they've felt great for walking and standing around as well. For the past two days, it's taken already 24 hours worth of wear, and I've had no complaints.

If anything, go for a Pure Platinum color on Nike.com if your size is available, and give it a shot for at least a day or so for up to 30 days. If it doesn't work out, just simply send it back for a refund within 30 days, and you're all good. No risks! :wink:

Last edited:

Keep both man. Plats are so clean.
Haha, I'm biased here, but I'd keep both. The white accents will allow more color choices to work with for clothes while the red one may kinda limit you a bit.
I feel you both, but I just don't feel like plats are different enough for me to keep plats and og's. Shall see though! Thanks for the replies!
basically why I went with the OGs myself. I wanted the platinums first but kept looking at them and decided I had enough all white looking shoes (just kidding, I can never have enough all white) but went with the OGs because of the little color they do have. Its a nice switch up for me. Plus I dont have many shoes with red on them at all.
Completely agree dude!

Spent all day wearing my Vapormax and a few major thoughts came up:

- if you don't have a good stride or pronate when you step, you'll start to develop foot fatigue around the edges of your feet where the airbags are. I don't think there's much you can do about this... I have a bad habit of resting slightly on the sides of my feet so started noticing this

- the upper is SO good. best fitting Nike upper I've ever worn. I'd buy 20 pairs of these just because of the upper and sole swap if I really wanted.

- It was love at first sight for me on these but they're just getting better with passing days. Definitely see vapormaxes blowing up in the casual wear column. My wardrobe has been leaning more towards the technical/athleisure side (Arcteryx Veilance, Patagonia, RC) so these really are a great fit aesthetically!!

Last edited:

I feel you both, but I just don't feel like plats are different enough for me to keep plats and og's. Shall see though! Thanks for the replies!

Completely agree dude!
Welp, just saw the upcoming releases, so I take it back lol.

I like the plats, just can't justify paying a full retail tbh, considering the multitude of options. $200 is pretty steep.

I'll keep the OG though.

Last edited:

Currently experiencing this myself bro, the worst... my status is stuck on "shipped" 
mean.gif
Tracking updated. Getting them tomorrow.

Welp, just saw the upcoming release, so I take it back lol.

I like the plats but not at retail tbh. $200 is pretty steep, so I'll keep the OG and return the Platinum. I don't think I'm done with this model/line so, I'll use the funds on other potential fire releases.
I hella got you, man! If a pair is going to hit outlets it's going to be platinums... so I'm thinking return plats as I feel I can get them back cheaper down the road. And I am for sure not done. Asphalts and Burgundy's are musts for me. Triple blacks are too, but I'm not paying what people want for them, though. 

Spent all day wearing my Vapormax and a few major thoughts came up:

- if you don't have a good stride or pronate when you step, you'll start to develop foot fatigue around the edges of your feet where the airbags are. I don't think there's much you can do about this... I have a bad habit of resting slightly on the sides of my feet so started noticing this

I have to agree with this point you made and piggyback off of it!

Since the shoe has a minimalistic design of only a Flyknit upper and Air bags, anyone who has a neutral stride will experience all kinds of great comfort. However, if you have any differences in stride where you land and you roll towards the outer part of your feet as it transitions to your toes where you toe off, that can turn a good night sleep into a bad one (metaphorically speaking). Also the same for pronation or supination. It shouldn't hinder anyone here at all if worn casually, but it's something to be aware of in case of anything. It's a performance shoe that is VERY similar to the Zoom All Out Flyknit if anyone here owns those, except the Zoom All Out Flyknit has practically 0%-1% stability support while this shoe has a slightly bit more.

I hella got you, man! If a pair is going to hit outlets it's going to be platinums... so I'm thinking return plats as I feel I can get them back cheaper down the road. And I am for sure not done. Asphalts and Burgundy's are musts for me. Triple blacks are too, but I'm not paying what people want for them, though. 
Word

I will say that the more I walked the less I noticed the discomfort on the sides of my feet. Not sure if my stride corrected itself due to the pain or if the shoe is breaking in somehow. God bless that Nike return policy. The testing continues.

I just hit the street with these for a quick run. WARNING: DO NOT SPRINT. These are for neutral heel-toe running only. They actually feel really good jogging. However, like ultra boosts, the knit is too stretchy in the toe and your foot will slide. Problem is with these your big toe will slide off of the air bubble and it will become very unstable.

I just hit the street with these for a quick run. WARNING: DO NOT SPRINT. These are for neutral heel-toe running only. They actually feel really good jogging. However, like ultra boosts, the knit is too stretchy in the toe and your foot will slide. Problem is with these your big toe will slide off of the air bubble and it will become very unstable.Also
Also don't recommend these for quick cuts or direction changes ... The air bags will roll over and consequently lead to your ankle rolling over

I just hit the street with these for a quick run. WARNING: DO NOT SPRINT. These are for neutral heel-toe running only. They actually feel really good jogging. However, like ultra boosts, the knit is too stretchy in the toe and your foot will slide. Problem is with these your big toe will slide off of the air bubble and it will become very unstable.

Yep, definitely a shoe best for neutral-stride runners. I will be giving this a try tomorrow morning! Depending on how much time crunch I'll have, I'll give it some distance on flat surface, dirt, and embedded river rock concrete... or should I just do flat clean concrete surfaces? Ah we'll see, haha. As long as I get some sort of distance in, and I can also provide a quick first impressions post for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom