Nike Air VaporMax

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone here use Crep Protect spray on the vapormax? I am worried the spray might affect the transparent air bubble sole...

How is the sizing when comparing those two?

In my experience with both shoes, I found the ZAO FK to be a bit tighter, went a half size up. With the Vmax I went TTS and while has a bit tighter weave in the forefoot after about 30 min wear i never noticed it. Now I haven't tried running in mine yet, waiting for a darker color, but I I think the TTS would be fine. If you're going for just a casual wear .5 up wouldn't make or break it. Disclaimer I have a bit of a narrow foot..

Hmm, I have the opposite feeling. I found the Zoom All Out Flyknits to be slightly wider and more elevated at the toebox with a slightly less structure at the midfoot compared to the VaporMax. However, there is a bit more stability provided on the VaporMax compared to the Zoom All Out Flyknits. I went true to size in both shoes.

Every new generation of kids thinks they either invented **** that's been around for a long time or that they run ****...or both. That's part and parcel of being young and foolish. Most of them will grow out of it and be having the same headaches we do soon enough. By all means educate a fool you see talking beast talk in person but don't bother trying to cure it on the internet!
Like many, I was the same way.  What was different was that I don't remember 'rooting' against another brands like they were sports teams or something.  It's kinda bizarre to me.

The way some kids today are about some of this stuff.  Sneakers, video games...   Some of these kids defend an Adidas or XBOX like it's the Yankees against the Red Sox.  I remember past generations being influenced by people.  Maybe Michael Jackson wore a certain jacket, then kids had their parents go out and get them that jacket.  But once kids had (and wore that jacket), they didn't defend it, or root against other brands of jackets other kids wore.

I saw a video the other day of this kid who took the time to produce a video in his garage mocking Nike on Air Max Day, because of his passion for Adidas.  If his passion for Adidas is so strong, why not use that time to make more $ and buy more Adidas instead of attempting to mock another brand?  That's what we did as kids.  Weird.

Last edited:
Like many, I was the same way.  What was different was that I don't remember 'rooting' against another brands like they were sports teams or something.  It's kinda bizarre to me.

The way some kids today are about some of this stuff.  Sneakers, video games...   Some of these kids defend an Adidas or XBOX like it's the Yankees against the Red Sox.  I remember past generations being influenced by people.  Maybe Michael Jackson wore a certain jacket, then kids had their parents go out and get them that jacket.  But once kids had (and wore that jacket), they didn't defend it, or root against other brands of jackets other kids wore.

I saw a video the other day of this kid who took the time to produce a video in his garage mocking Nike on Air Max Day, because of his passion for Adidas.  If his passion for Adidas is so strong, why not use that time to make more $ and buy more Adidas instead of attempting to mock another brand?  That's what we did as kids.  Weird.

Yeah I can't get my head around brand fanboys. If you're being paid a lot of money by the brand as a sponsor that's one thing but this stuff with the beasts us unfathomable to me. As a kid I wore the lot, Nike, Adidas, puma, NB etc. There might be some brands that were less popular but it seems like the situation right now your gonna have 3stripe hypebeasts pulling blades on dudes wearing air max in their hoods.

got my pair in and they are too tight.

length is proper.

but around my foot, right before the toebox, its too constricting.

luckily i have a pair of OGs in a half size bigger coming.

if i cant exchange these plats locally im going to have to rock them sockless.
Yeah, I have a half size bigger coming today as well but I think its going to be too long.

You might try removing the sock liner too.

Last edited:
I'm on the same boat with little mac little mac (once again, hehe) and jazzy jazzy about that. I can admit I'm brand loyal to Nike, but I don't mock the other brand. I do the same thing Little Mac mentioned and just support Nike all the way by buying their products that I feel represents me and my lifestyle. Adidas is doing their thing, and I respect them for it and I applaud them for it. They're coming back up and doing their thing! There are people who'll rock anything, there are people who'll rock Nike only, and there are people who'll rock adidas only. It's just not a good look when those who got into adidas due to the Boost hype and become loyal to adidas find reason to mock other brands. That's just me though.

Anyway, moving on!

View media item 2384522
I'd decided to give this shoe a try and ended up being able to pull off a 5K this morning!

The VaporMax's gotten some time in embedded river rock concrete (or so I think; it's the Great Highway Path), flat surfaces uphill and downhill, and sand/dirt surfaces on Sunset Blvd. I won't be providing a full review right here, but I will tell you this: it just MAY BE (

Last edited:
Oh yeah, one thing I want to mention for later when I provide the review is that I will make comparisons of some shoes such as the Zoom Pegasus 31 (my favorite Pegasus model), the Zoom Vomero 11 (my favorite and only Vomero model I own), the previous gen. Air Maxes and why I mentioned this new version warrants one hell of a comeback of considerable options, the LunarEclipse & LunarEpic Flyknit models, and the closest comparing model to the VaporMax: the Zoom All Out Flyknit.

For those who were hoping for a Boost comparison, sorry! I unfortunately do not own a pair of those and cannot make that comparison.

Last edited:
got my pair in and they are too tight.

length is proper.

but around my foot, right before the toebox, its too constricting.
Try removing the insole. That will give a bit of extra room and it might prove to be all you need. And like you said going sockless (or ultra thin) helps too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom