Nike Air VaporMax

ARK ARK - if i can chip in to that since I forgot to mention that, it's a bit lower to the ground, but it's firmer and has a smoother transition, which is better than the original, IMO.

Reactions: ARK
Okay, well, you can still feel the separate units for sure, haha. Still relatively smoother, but not as smooth as your traditional shoes.

Given all the flack that it's been getting, I wore it out this morning to walk the dog. An on-foot picture if anyone wants to see.

50213853593_cc918d373d_b.jpg

Do you feel any noticeable difference in the previous Vapormax midsole to the new one?

Yes, the 2020 is firmer but more stable. You can still step on your heel and get that air bubble smush, but it's not as bouncy as the 1-3. But you also don't feel like you're walking around in cleats.

Love the heel padding, lacing system is nice (hopefully durable) for casual wear, and the fit is great. The 1-3 were very snug, toe was right at the edge. These have that bit of space that I prefer in my true size (14).

I really can't get past that obnoxious heel pull tab - is it even functional?

Yes, you pull it and it tightens/locks the flyease system. Then you loosen the system by pulling up on the tongue loop. There’s an audible “click” you can hear when tightening, btw.

But you also don't feel like you're walking around in cleats.

Best part about the 2020s. Other VM are wild uncomfortable after a few hours, IMO. 2020s, not so much.

This!!!! - ever play the Japanese version? He’s M. Bison there (like M.Tyson)

I haven't but yes well aware. I have a stand up Street Fighter 2 Turbo in the garage. I've had an Asia Super SF 2 but sold the board since I couldn't stand that my favorite character (Bison) was named Balrog. hehe

2020s are definitely better for widefooters. The cushioning in my pair, with the zoomx insole also feels much more comfortable
I been living under a rock...what shoes came with ZoomX insoles you can take out? Used to put regular full-length zoom insoles in my hoop shoes to double stack but didn't know Nike have ZoomX on insoles too :wow:

Yeah but don't get it twisted, it's recycled and compressed ZoomX. Comfier than ortholite but nothing spectacular.

I got my Navy pair today...so dope, definitely has the best MC flyknit thus far.

how common are fake vapormax? found a pair i cant find anywhere else in my size on ebay (triple black) AJ6900-004 for $185 delivered which seems low but I don't really know how common a fake of what would appear an easy to find model (just not in my size) is.

Back
Top Bottom