Nike Air VaporMax

I did nothing but complain about the pricing.

But these things are fire, and comfy, and the fast-fit system is great.

giphy.gif

Pro-tip:

When you pull the lock strap on the heel, let it "snap" back so that the strap recoils as far as possible. If you pull to tighten and sort of slowly let it go, you may end up with more slack. Don't want to catch it on something.

Hiding it in the trunk?

shhhhhhhhhh

So finally got my hands on this colorway and I can’t stand it. Makes no sense to me and it’s navy but I can’t tell. Might make a good beater.

The first thing is you open the box which we know is different and it’s only shoes. I get the whole recycle theme but for $220 bucks it feels cheap AF. Note the pic below compared to the off whites.

I could tell the shoe is just bigger before putting it on. Same size 13 but it extends longer. Also we lost that wonderful fitted look and feel. Now it just slaps on. Not a fan.

We didn’t ask for a pager or quick system but it’s here and easy to use. In briefly walking around it’s perfect for daily life but not sure for exercise. The really messed up part is when you adjust the tongue it loosens things again. Smh.

I don’t like the new fly knit either. Feels cheap. Not sure how well it will wear. It feels like some of the material on the first gen Utlities. That material prevents a tight fitted fit.

It does feel lighter and the Vapormax already was light. I will weigh them this weekend. Not sure why but it just felt noticeably lighter.

The air bags don’t feel as spongy, they feel tighter in a good way. There is noticeably more support in the middle of your foot. You can compare them bag patterns below.

The bags are thinner so you don’t feel as tall. They also didn’t squeak so far.

I walked on carpet and hardwood for now. I will go running and take them outside this weekend.

Overall my initial impression is very mixed. They do feel lighter and more supportive but they don’t fight or look as tight as past models. The colorways so far are barf. The pager doesn’t slide under jeans and looks weird. The price is substantially more but it doesn’t feel any higher in quality, only it’s recycled.

I’ll continue to update. I think on sale it makes more sense. $220 and $250 just is a lot for something I’m not in love with. When the Vapormax 1 came out $190 felt like a bargain.

872AA865-433A-4A9F-A923-24BB211CFDD0.jpeg
9B0284FB-791F-49C1-AE9E-DE7C6559F717.jpeg
03F3B58E-7D8F-4DDE-AF56-A3BA30BD2B71.jpeg
8B52DE22-F4EF-4139-BC52-F6AA4BFB2A1B.jpeg
C9A9B3AA-D20F-446C-9B90-68560D312509.jpeg
D3D8BF3F-F5E1-46DD-9996-E00243639D90.jpeg
0F4B7049-4BC0-4EB8-8056-8E9665824A4A.jpeg
2258F1D0-3580-41B5-BFE7-0A1F628EBD0C.jpeg
F604A613-4A18-4D7D-9FB8-925F107FFF41.jpeg
41AD48FA-078D-4133-B47D-25169C475FC0.jpeg

Unless we’re talking utilities, Vapormax should primarily be worn with sweats and shorts. And without socks, IMO.
VM with no socks is such a good feeling.
Mow the yard in my VM 1 TRIPLEWHITEs sockless and it's perfection.
Casual wear I can't do no socks.
I just never know where I might end up, and have to take my shoes off.

hmmm where was this published? I must’ve missed it. Not every occasion can be sweats or shorts

i don’t know. I personally haven’t seen many occasions where someone’s wearing jeans with their Vapormax that aren’t utilities. Cargo pants style, yes.

Been on vacation for 3 weeks and i got the Medal stand VM’s when they first released and i finally put them on. They are nice. They fit TTS like my OG vapormax. What i like about the new ones is the smaller air bags. I feel more stable while walking. This will be my only pair and not planning on getting other new colorways.

Back
Top Bottom