Nike Air VaporMax

I could've done a lot with the all black hopefully we get a GR before the end of the year. I wonder if asphalts will sell out like the others, probably skip out on Royals so I can cop on release day.

Can't wait to wear these this weekend. Threw my pair on around the house yesterday and loved the fit/feel.

Just ran 5 miles in these after taking them out of the box this AM.... few impressions.

First off, legit running shoe. Bottom line. I've been running in Asics, Saucony, New Balance, Hoka, and Nike over the past 17 years. First Nike full Air Max model I've given a whirl in probably 7,8 years. 

This shoe is very light, very flexibile. Great support. Was pleasantly suprised with contours of the shoe itself and the arc support. The upper is fantastic. Flexible, seems to breathe fairly well. 

I'm not a squishy shoe aficionado. I want support. This is a very comfortable but firm ride, bottom line. First mile, just like with any new shoe, they felt maybe a bit too firm. Miles 2-5 settled in and felt great tho. Forgot I was wearing them. And that to me is the mark of great runner. 

Last edited:
Mee too. I actually like the solid darker colors, all blue, pink, or burgundy pairs. Although I don't often get caught wearing burgundy stuff ("garnet" to the chickens

^THIS. I feel like that light color flyknit will get dirty fast or start looking rough easy, same for the OG pair that are mostly white. I guess we'll see.

^THIS. I feel like that light color flyknit will get dirty fast or start looking rough easy, same for the OG pair that are mostly white. I guess we'll see.

I saw someone wearing the platinum pair yesterday and it already looked dirty around the toebox. Any suggestions for cleaning the Flyknit? I'm going to start wearing my pair today.

Decided to wait for a darker cw so it will be a minute before i try these on

I saw someone wearing the platinum pair yesterday and it already looked dirty around the toebox. Any suggestions for cleaning the Flyknit? I'm going to start wearing my pair today.

Which is why I am waiting for a darker flyknit and air version

The Lab version would have been perfect :rolleyes

Its not that hard to clean flyknit, I mean its a knitted upper so you can just wet it and apply any type of cleaner and scrub it off with something thats not too abrasive.

My technique is to apply pressure with your fingers underneath the dirty area so you have a firm surface and youre pushing out dirt/whatever too.

Last edited:
Sorry b, I don't spend $200 on kicks for them to get dirty easily and have to put extra effort to clean them. I have too many sneakers for that.

I'd rather get a pair I can wear and not worrying about babying.

Really not feeling the fit..i feel like ultraboost is comfier...why is it so firm..can i run in these? Or gym? 12hr shift hospital?

I suggest giving it a try! Running in these feels great, in my opinion (thoughts posted a few pages back) and marlio01 marlio01 provided some feedback as well right after your post! Nike Air is supposed to be firm; it's not soft like Lunarlon or Boost. If you've ordered them from Nike.com or bought it at a Nike store, you have 30 days to **** with it, and if you don't like them within those 30 days, just send it back!

Shoes tend to get dirty when you wear them
Thanks for the info 
smokin.gif

i think i'll wait for a darker cw now

I usually just throw my Flyknits in the wash in a garment bag when they get dirty and they come out good as new. Never tried that with a pair of air maxes but I don't see why it'd be different.

I've put Flyknit racers/Ultra Boost in the washing machine and they were like new...but anything with an air bag, nah risky.

Pretty sure these will be fine but I'll stick to hand washing.

Have to think they'll release another black based cw by end of the year right??? It seems weird they'd make a black shoe limited but who knows. I might spring for the dark greys though.

All they had to do to the marc newson was not use tan leather lol.

The same model with white, black, or even gray would have looked better.

If they had to be brown making the green a warm color or white/ gray would have been enough.

It's not the model that bothers me it's how ugly the colors are together. 

Back
Top Bottom