Nike Air VaporMax

Wearing these like after a year and the glue loose! The rear cracked off partially. I was shocked. Now a bit worried about all my 1s…

Last pic is the other side

I freaking love this colorway……
IMG_8973.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg
IMG_8975.jpeg
IMG_8976.jpeg
IMG_8977.jpeg
IMG_8978.jpeg

Wearing these like after a year and the glue loose! The rear cracked off partially. I was shocked. Now a bit worried about all my 1s…

IMG_8973.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg
IMG_8975.jpeg
IMG_8976.jpeg
IMG_8977.jpeg
IMG_8978.jpeg
Whats crazy is that the 1's arent even that old. How many years ago did they come out? 6 years ago? I feel the soles shoulda held up longer than that especially if they weren't worn daily.

No one ever carries a 14 in store so I couldn’t try them on but finally got to hold the ‘23. Super light weight - the Pure Platinum is nice but I feel they’re definitely going to drop a ice white eventually.

While I love the aesthetic, they’re just way overpriced and I don’t suspect they’re moving units at full price. NDC has already allowed them to be 20% off and Hibbett did 25% off as well but still couldn’t bite at $210 MSRP. $140 might get me to bite.

For those who have it, how do you feel about the fuzzy liner at the ankle? Seems like it’ll get hella dingy

No one ever carries a 14 in store so I couldn’t try them on but finally got to hold the ‘23. Super light weight - the Pure Platinum is nice but I feel they’re definitely going to drop a ice white eventually.

While I love the aesthetic, they’re just way overpriced and I don’t suspect they’re moving units at full price. NDC has already allowed them to be 20% off and Hibbett did 25% off as well but still couldn’t bite at $210 MSRP. $140 might get me to bite.

For those who have it, how do you feel about the fuzzy liner at the ankle? Seems like it’ll get hella dingy

I think overall there is pricing fatigue.. This $200 plus for some sneakers got old fast. I’ve balked at anything in that range where in the past I didn’t care much.

Like you said gonna wait for sales.

Was able to snag a new pair of Oreos on eBay for $105. Easily my favorite upper since the OG. These are so much more stable now. Still wouldn’t run in these but idk how people did in ogs.

Is it the lighting or the upper that faded?
It's not faded.

Natural light makes it look like that on pics.

I'm partial to tonal releases, especially red and volt... But this pair is :nthat:

I'll def pick up a backup on sale down the line.

Last edited:
Do these get more comfortable on the later iterations? I have the off whites and they feel like cleats on my feet. Did the air soles get spread out better on the more recent releases?

IMG_8973.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg
IMG_8975.jpeg
IMG_8976.jpeg
IMG_8977.jpeg
IMG_8978.jpeg

I never thought vapormaxes would hold up. They are light weight and have the thinnest sole pieces to cover up the air max cushioning. Not to mention the knit upper which can easily rip, tear, etc. But, they look cool and were totally different when they dropped.

As mentioned, many people are being wayyyyy more selective of these $200-$250 price points Nike is retailing these shoes for......but we're the reason. When they saw people were reselling and getting double and more, we all said Nike will increase prices to get a bigger piece of the pie. Sad part is.....Nike prices won't decrease. Just throw a sale and 20% off and it's right back down to the "normal" retail we would have paid a few years ago and we're still thinking we're getting a good deal. Lol

Back
Top Bottom