Nike Air VaporMax

Nike etc has been playing the limited game for years and years.

The game just changed from the hustle and doing actual footwork to automation, bots etc.

Being content with missing any release and not playing the "game" is just a part of the maturation process of being a "sneakerhead."

The next phase is not contributing to the aftermarket either past a certain amount or just not at all.

I remember having the same conversations with members here 10 years ago in other threads and the younger members basically laughed me and others out of the thread. (Not literally) but they weren't receptive personal or collective change.

Most were like..."even if we change, there's gonna be someone that doesn't and ends up getting my pair." Etc
For every old head leaving the game there's 5 little hypebeast kids waiting to take his place. Gotta adapt with the times and sell **** you don't want to make the things you want free or cheaper

Yea or that, it's usually easier to sell and repurchase or pay resell and sell the item you have then deal with all the stipulations of a trade in my experience

For every old head leaving the game there's 5 little hypebeast kids waiting to take his place. Gotta adapt with the times and sell **** you don't want to make the things you want free or cheaper

This. I sold about 30 pairs of Jordans in 2014. Mainly pairs I had purchased from 2001-2005 that I had fallen out of love with, or just pairs that I had never worn and was now afraid to, due to possible crumbling of the midsoles. Thank goodness I sold them all before the hype for JB died and everyone started jocking Adidas. Shout out to all the little kids who bought my shoes and helped me furnish my home. :lol:

This. I sold about 30 pairs of Jordans in 2014. Mainly pairs I had purchased from 2001-2005 that I had fallen out of love with, or just pairs that I had never worn and was now afraid to, due to possible crumbling of the midsoles. Thank goodness I sold them all before the hype for JB died and everyone started jocking Adidas. Shout out to all the little kids who bought my shoes and helped me furnish my home. :lol:
lol yea you were still a little late on that wave, I remember around 2010 cats were paying $500+ for the older jays which didn't Retro yet, boy has that changed lol

I was hoping the local boutiques here that had the Tom Sachs would get the Clots as well. Not a single pair released in Canada :smh:

Onto the resell hunt...

Last edited:
That's exactly what I have been doing except I'm the other way around. I got caught up with Ultra Boost for a while last year or two and got most of the collabs for retail or almost retail (solebox, high snob, cream, 3M..etc) then I realized I just don't like how they feel because it just feels too soft and squishy for me and it wasn't comfortable if worn over 3 hrs. So I sold most of them for double or more than double on some. Instead of getting J's, I've been trying to get some vapormax collabs, or other nikelab shoes. But still after seeing all these BS bots and resellers ruining the game it's just not worth it to fight through it. And I'm not about to use those profit I made from selling off my Boost to pay double.

I think the only reason clots were very hard to get is because they are the only vapormax after 3black Nikelabs and cdg that have an actual resell value. At least for now, I won't be surprised if prices fall a lot as it really isn't that amazing as a shoe. I just think it is a bit sad as I love the model and resellers will be again all over them in a future pair with resell value like off white for example

true.

but personal change doesnt have anything to do with younger ones coming to take your place. go after the shoe you want as you see fit. miss out? move on. period.

but i do agree that coming up where you can and utilizing trade bait as well as selling stuff is the way to go about it.

people really arent buying shoes (aftermarket) like they did just a year or two back. alot of Ls being taken in the aftermarket these days. there are only a few shoes that hold value in comparison to what it used to be.

IMG_1988.JPG

Good talk in here.

So many shoes and yeah at some point you have to limit yourself. Im losing my job in 6 months so I need to get out of the shoe buying gotta have it mode.

Sorry to hear, man. I feel you though; I recently got laid off due to company acquisitions (I knew my time was coming 5 months in advance,) and this led to my road trip traveling on my own while visiting family and friends for some of that time.

@vettez06 @amass78 ARK ARK - If I may contribute, I recently posted that I've ultimately decided to drop it after going on a solo road trip. I had about 63-64 pairs of shoes total (pretty sure that's a small number compared to most of us in here), but I sliced that down by 2/5-ish to begin with, so now I'm down to 25. The craziest thing was I was just coming off three or four months of non-stop collecting, so it was as if I was hitting my peak and I was on a roll. Then I decided to go away, travel solo and traveled light with only four pairs of shoes for 11 days (the Pure Platinum VaporMax for running, Lunar Force 1 Duckboots for hiking, Zoom Spiridon USA for 4th of July, and the ACG Komyuter) and as I was enjoying all the sightseeing and food places, I was finding a peace of mind without actually realizing it! I don't know how, but it clicked. Clicked so well that when I came home, I spent a good week thinking about it, and I just ultimately decided to let go of a huge chunk. Remember, it was 3/5-ish of my collection to BEGIN with... so I don't know how many more are gonna go.

When I came back home, all I ****ing saw was clutter.

Again, I don't really know what it was that did it; it could've been facing the fear of traveling solo, or sightseeing without spending time on my phone seeing what's good on the SNKRS app and not following up on sneaker pages. Either way, I guess I may have found the RIGHT kind of source to finally let me off the leash... and that's the best way to get off that leash. The old temptations I had before I left for my trip hasn't come back at all. Plus, all of these stories of fights and frustration... all of that stress piles on when it comes to trying to grab shoes like the Clots and whatever else is hyped that you have to be on alert for. There's no fight and frustration for a life of exploration, and that is so peaceful and easy to the mind and the body.

'Cause ****, I enjoyed being here to see this a hell of a lot more...
36064093392_cf500051b6_c.jpg

36064093952_6313543a43_c.jpg

... than this:

36064094082_9ff7ba94d3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, man. I feel you though; I recently got laid off due to company acquisitions (I knew my time was coming 5 months in advance,) and this led to my road trip traveling on my own while visiting family and friends for some of that time.

@vettez06 @amass78 ARK ARK - If I may contribute, I recently posted that I've ultimately decided to drop it after going on a solo road trip. I had about 63-64 pairs of shoes total (pretty sure that's a small number compared to most of us in here), but I sliced that down by 2/5-ish to begin with, so now I'm down to 25. The craziest thing was I was just coming off three or four months of non-stop collecting, so it was as if I was hitting my peak and I was on a roll. Then I decided to go away, travel solo and traveled light with only four pairs of shoes for 11 days (the Pure Platinum VaporMax for running, Lunar Force 1 Duckboots for hiking, Zoom Spiridon USA for 4th of July, and the ACG Komyuter) and as I was enjoying all the sightseeing and food places, I was finding a peace of mind without actually realizing it! I don't know how, but it clicked. Clicked so well that when I came home, I spent a good week thinking about it, and I just ultimately decided to let go of a huge chunk. Remember, it was 2/5-ish of my collection to BEGIN with... so I don't know how many more are gonna go.

When I came back home, all I ****ing saw was clutter.

Again, I don't really know what it was that did it; it could've been facing the fear of traveling solo, or sightseeing without spending time on my phone seeing what's good on the SNKRS app and not following up on sneaker pages. Either way, I guess I may have found the RIGHT kind of source to finally let me off the leash... and that's the best way to get off that leash. The old temptations I had before I left for my trip hasn't come back at all. Plus, all of these stories of fights and frustration... all of that stress piles on when it comes to trying to grab shoes like the Clots and whatever else is hyped that you have to be on alert for. There's no fight and frustration for a life of exploration, and that is so peaceful and easy to the mind and the body.

'Cause ****, I enjoyed being here to see this a hell of a lot more...
36064093392_cf500051b6_c.jpg

36064093952_6313543a43_c.jpg

... than this:

36064094082_9ff7ba94d3_c.jpg
Right on man. Ive been relating with a lot of these recent posts. I also remember someone on here saying they went on a solo trip and will no longer go after these drops but glad that you replied and know that it was you that said it.

It's true, experience in life is greater than any material items. just like that saying goes in Fight Club " The things you own, end up owning you". That's a terrible feeling. Once a year, I travel solo to get away from life's BS especially here in the Bay Area. Been to diff parts of Asia and parts of Europe, but my all time favorite is still Maui, Hi and has been going there solo the past 3 years. When you're in places that's less cluttered and enjoy what the earth/Mother Nature have to offer, you will start to see what really matters. Don't want to sound like I'm going on a some religious thing and repeating myself...but it really is part of the reason why I will call it quit chasing these shoes.

But I will keep my NT account and not delete it again, just to read some of these posts and chime in here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on man. Ive been relating with a lot of these recent posts. I also remember someone on here saying they went on a solo trip and will no longer go after these drops but glad that you reply and know it was you that said it.

It's true, experience in life is greater than any material items. just like that saying goes in Fight Club " The things you own, end up owning you". That's a terrible feeling. Once a year, I travel solo to get away from life's BS especially here in the Bay Area. Been to diff parts of Asia and parts of Europe, but my all time favorite is still Maui, Hi and has been going there solo the past 3 years. When you're in places that's less cluttered and enjoy what the earth/Mother Nature have to offer, you will start to see what really matters. Don't want to sound like I'm going on a some religious thing and repeating myself...but it really is part of the reason why I will call it quit chasing these shoes.

But I will keep my NT account and not delete it again, just to read some of these posts and chime in

The mars ruined me. Getting the invite to purchase only to see "sold out" literally 1 min after receiving email was the end. At least with the clots it was dropping at a certain time and may the best bot win. Mars was a total train wreck and those of us who put in the work to get the invite arrived to a sold out sign. Congrats to the ppl that got them but nike should have said alright 1000 ppl
Got the email....we have 1000 shoes. Everyone is happy. Not put them up at 110 and send out emails
At 127.

@vettez06 @amass78 us3less us3less Ive come to that conclusion recently. I own all these shoes but in the end the shoes own me. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and after they go to bed or early in the morning Im looking at my shoes carefully studying which ones to keep or which ones to sell. Listing them on Goat for sale, confirming them, packaging them up when they do sell, and taking them to UPS each and every time. It takes a lot of time. Ive donated a good 15 pair of shoes so far that won't sell or wouldn't get much for. Others I just don't wear and sell them off. Yeah, I still do splurge on a few models because they are still a hobby but Ive certainly gotten rid of a lot.

From selling shoes Im looking to finish paying off one of our cars and pay off a credit card bill. :nthat:

Last edited:
Just recently sold a good chunk of my collection and got about $25k. Used the money to buy a new benz and savings amongst other things. Kept the shoes I really liked and would be mad if I sold. I told myself I’d only cop shoes that i REALLY want, the Clots are one of those lol
I definitely identify with the sentiment in here. I sold off a bunch of pairs in like 2010-2012, back when I could sell worn Jordans for more than double retail in some cases. Stacked up some change put a down payment on a house and put my shoe hobby on hold for a little bit to start a family.

Once I got settled in my home and got comfortable I eased back in copping either Jordans I never had and AirMax. What's changed a bunch for me is not sweating having every release and just letting things go when I'm unable to secure a release.

I definitely identify with the sentiment in here. I sold off a bunch of pairs in like 2010-2012, back when I could sell worn Jordans for more than double retail in some cases. Stacked up some change put a down payment on a house and put my shoe hobby on hold for a little bit to start a family.

Once I got settled in my home and got comfortable I eased back in copping either Jordans I never had and AirMax. What's changed a bunch for me is not sweating having every release and just letting things go when I'm unable to secure a release.

Yup, also put a good chunk into remodeling my place

Love this kind of talk, a lot of times we forget as consumers that our money is ours! Nobody is forcing us to buy a release and the biggest thing to remember is all of this **** can be purchased sometime in the future, its not going anywhere BUT our time and freedom (that money allows) is always decreasing.
I accumulated a good amount of shoes this past 2 years and I kind of just look at my possessions seeing the possibilities of what that money and time couldve afforded me instead of just shoes or clothes.

Apologies to everyone for turning this into a preacher/epiphany discussion or anything, haha. I know we're here to discuss VaporMaxes, but unfortunately (yet not surprising), the shoes have fallen victim to become a hot commodity for resale and stuff, and whether you're still in it and/or you're tired of it and want to get out, it's a good thing to talk about this stuff once in a while. At least for me, it is... :lol:

In before "what is this, VaporMax Anonymous?"

TheGodFresco TheGodFresco nostalgia94 nostalgia94 playaproved playaproved ARK ARK @amass78 - Yeah, I realized I should follow up on that and say that I'm down to the Oreo NikeLab VaporMax and the Glacier Blue pair in terms of which one to keep to stick with my other 2 pairs of VaporMaxes, haha.

Regardless, these discussions are helpful and @amass78 is right; stacking up **** makes you eat that **** you're stuck with, and it's really a terrible feeling. I, too, am living in the Bay Area and the thing that really lures us into this habit is just the consumption nature that we're in (alluding to what nostalgia94 nostalgia94 said). I stepped out, went to Oregon and disregarded the fact that I went into a sales tax-free state, because I wanted to explore since there's a lot of good scenery, not shop. Once you find that feeling and you understand it, missing a release becomes nothing 'cause you ain't on that leash anymore. It's one thing "for the 'Gram," but it's a whole different story when it's for your life. The thing that brings it to the next level to solidify the choice to back away as far as possible is when you get rid of all those shoes, and you don't ever look back into collecting again. It's the hardest thing to do; I honestly don't know if I could do it since it's so easy to clock myself back into it and hunt for more VaporMaxes. However, things seem to have changed, and I've finally found the light at the end of the tunnel that I've been looking for such a long time. By the way, you guys may have seen me thinking about buying the Vaporfly 4%... that's for running, I promise! hahaha

... plot twist: I gave up shoes to collect fidget spinners

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
Really enjoying seeing the different perspectives from you guys. You might definitely enjoy the Minimalist documentary on Netflix.

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom